No announcement yet.

Collector or Reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a reader/collector. I will read my limited editions unless of course I have a trade hardcover and or paperback version of the book. Now some books I've read and really liked so then I searched ebay and bought a limited edition. Now I would never read a lettered edition I would be too damn worried about spilling something on it. But since I only have 1 lettered edition book I do not have much to worry about there. Although I did pick up a deluxe CD version of false memory for 20 dollars no slipcase and sigiture page was missing and printed on the the first page was not for resale.. lol it is still a fantastic looking book.

Comment

How true.Last year my wife redid my Grandfathers old recliner rocker for me for a fathers day gift.I can not imagine sitting there reading from a computer with afire going in the fire place.Just does not seem right.
      Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      Never read an e-book and never will, you can't get much better than finding a comfy spot to sit and read a nice page turner.

Comment

I'm not opposed to technology, it's just I love the physical book. The texture of the paper, material of the cover, the binding, the smell of it all - whether it be a freshly printed tomb or an old, musky example found in a second-hand bookstore (which can be fun - cursing the previous owner for constantly cornering the pages, writing their names on the inside front cover - what's all that about? - or in extreme circumstances, underlining certain passages!).
        Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
        http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
          (which can be fun - cursing the previous owner for constantly cornering the pages, writing their names on the inside front cover - what's all that about? - or in extreme circumstances, underlining certain passages!).
          What I find more annoying is finding books at used stores that have been written in with pencil by book sellers or appraisers or whoever the heck it is who does that crap.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I agree with that. I love finding used book stores that print their pricing information on a card and place it in the front of the book. I hate prices written in the book in pencil.
            Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            What I find more annoying is finding books at used stores that have been written in with pencil by book sellers or appraisers or whoever the heck it is who does that crap.

Comment

At least pencil comes off. I've seen prices in pen before, granted I can't complain too much when the book only costs a couple of bucks.

Comment

Picky, picky, picky.HAHAHAHA!!

Comment

I'm a reader foremost, but I do have a very modest Stephen King collection. Nothing signed, nothing limited, just first editions of everything from the 80s on, and a lot of paperbacks. I dig collecting the paperbacks because they're fun and affordable.

Comment

The thing that gets me is they change the cover every few years.I think they do it for us book collecting nuts.

Comment

I thought about trying to get every cover of every King book, but decided (wisely, I think) that would be a virtual impossibility, especially due to space concerns. I know there are people out there that like to do this, but...

John

Comment

Probably Grant has them all.Grant has everything.

Comment

Nah, not me, BW - Siep is (I believe) the title holder in this respect - his collection of foreign language SK's is a thing of beauty (I've restricted myself to four veins of SK collectible books - only one of which I've actually posted on the collection thread thus far). However, if you want to see some awesome SK cover work, jump on to Siep's thread

Comment

I have seen it.They are great. Wish we could talk him into continuing his thread.Even if he only posted items once a month it would be awsome.

Comment

Wholly concur

Comment

I read a lot and collect King's books. For some books I'd liked particularry I also try to get a signed copy I read the trade edition when available otherwise the gif/limited/signed/whatever edition

Comment

Working...
                                X