No announcement yet.

Dracula by King's Way Press!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i posted elsewhere the reason: I ordered Zodiac fron Subterranean Press. When it arrived, it was packaged in aslipcase that was SOOOOOOOO tight, I considered cutting the slipcase to get it out. But after an hour of on-and-off wiggling, I managed to get it out of the case. The DJ was lightly ruffled on the bottom, but otherwise undamaged; but the idea of getting it back in was absurd.

NOW TO BE FAIR TO SP, I BOUGHT THIS THING AT HALF PRICE OFF OF EBAY.

When I emailed Mr. Schafer about the problem, he emailed me back (promptly) and said that all the books were like that and that after a stern talking to their slipcase maker, he was confident that it would never happen again.

Excuse me??? That's it??? Customer service is my life's blood and the first rule is, you never, ever, make the irate customer suggest his own remedy! You always make the first gesture and offer to fix the problem. I wasn't really that irate to begin with, but when he blew me off, I went apes***! Zodiacwas published in 2008/2009 and while the problem was immediately known, nothing was ever mentioned on it's website about it. When they were offered on Ebay, it wasn't mentioned.

Right now, I only have two SP published books: Zodiac by Neal Stephenson and Kraken by CHina Mieville. Both appear to be solid, if unexciting productions. I've been looking at other SP titles from secondary sources (some that are still available from SP), but have not jumped on any yet.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      i posted elsewhere the reason: I ordered Zodiac fron Subterranean Press. When it arrived, it was packaged in aslipcase that was SOOOOOOOO tight, I considered cutting the slipcase to get it out. But after an hour of on-and-off wiggling, I managed to get it out of the case. The DJ was lightly ruffled on the bottom, but otherwise undamaged; but the idea of getting it back in was absurd.

NOW TO BE FAIR TO SP, I BOUGHT THIS THING AT HALF PRICE OFF OF EBAY.

When I emailed Mr. Schafer about the problem, he emailed me back (promptly) and said that all the books were like that and that after a stern talking to their slipcase maker, he was confident that it would never happen again.

Excuse me??? That's it??? Customer service is my life's blood and the first rule is, you never, ever, make the irate customer suggest his own remedy! You always make the first gesture and offer to fix the problem. I wasn't really that irate to begin with, but when he blew me off, I went apes***! Zodiacwas published in 2008/2009 and while the problem was immediately known, nothing was ever mentioned on it's website about it. When they were offered on Ebay, it wasn't mentioned.

Right now, I only have two SP published books: Zodiac by Neal Stephenson and Kraken by CHina Mieville. Both appear to be solid, if unexciting productions. I've been looking at other SP titles from secondary sources (some that are still available from SP), but have not jumped on any yet.
      Yep. When I read this post, the part where you said how tight it was in the slipcase, it reminded me of a couple Bradbury limiteds of mine. And I just looked at one: Farewell Summer and it's hard as hell to remove from the slipcase, but not nearly as bad as you describe with Zodiac. It's also completely free of words on the flaps of the DJ which I've never seen before and don't like. It's not impressive to me at all, but there are only 250 copies of it so I guess it's worth around $250-300 at the present time.

Oh damn I couldn't agree with you more about customer service. When I buy something and I need to email them about it for whatever reason and they are either rude to me or totally ignore my emails, I email back saying because you treat your customers like shit, I'm never buying anything from you people again. And then if it's still possible like I did with my Viorre TV, I take it back for something else. And it doesn't matter what the product is. I have a Luminox Swiss watch and twice I emailed them with no reply, so I said I'll never buy another one and I sold it on eBay. LOL you are exactly like me in that respect.

But again with SP, since those Bradbury books are not impressively made, I won't buy from them again. There's really not that many small presses that make nice looking books. The only ones I can think of are Grant, CD (but CD is not so small anymore lol), Bloodletting Press,The Overlook and Gauntlet. And perhaps the best of all but went defunct because of how extravegant (sp?) they made their books: Scream Press. I still have about 8 of their books and they're just awesome looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
        We're working on getting as many replacement cases as we can right now. There are a bunch that either arrived damaged at our warehouse or didn't survive the trip to their final destination. Drop Mindy a line to get on the list so we don't forget you need one. Thanks!

Brian
        Done and done, thanks Brian
        Last edited by Grant Wootton; 12-27-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I sure hope mine is ok

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            I sure hope mine is ok
            The entire nunnery is rooting for its safe arrival Scott

almawang_fingerscrossed.jpg

Comment

LOL. I hope God hears them!

Comment

Now I'm worried about mine too. Hope it makes the journey to Europe ok...

Comment

My copy arrived today...Santa got too sozzled over xmas and brought it a few days late - Very Beautiful copy & very pleased with the quality. Kudos to the CD team otherwise I'd have never have known about this fantastic publication!

(The 3rd image shows my original paperback copy against the KWP edition)

Comment

got mine today in excellent shape

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. It must be the trip to Australia that does it because, like Grant's, my case did not survive unscathed. Book is fine however the bottom of the case has come apart. Will get in line for a replacement if available.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        My copy arrived yesterday. It must be the trip to Australia that does it because, like Grant's, my case did not survive unscathed. Book is fine however the bottom of the case has come apart. Will get in line for a replacement if available.
                        Damn !!!! Bad luck Paul, but what can you do ??? It's only the quality of the case bottom that's lacking, otherwise it would have made it in great shape

Comment

Not to worry though. As suggested I have been in touch with Mindy who is able to send a replacement. Excellent news. (As always CD takes excellent care of us readers - many thanks). It is actually the first tray cased book I have bought so it will be nice to have it in top condition.

Comment

I'm still worried about mine. It hasn't shipped yet, but I don't like how that case looked you posted Grant. That's not CD's fault though; it's the publisher for making it so cheap and shipping it through the mail/UPS doesn't help any.

Comment

I'm still worried about mine. It hasn't shipped yet, but I don't like how that case looked you posted Grant. That's not CD's fault though; it's the publisher for making it so cheap and shipping it through the mail/UPS doesn't help any.
                              Hopefully yours will arrive okay (if nothing else, it has a lot less distance to travel)

Comment

I think we shipped the last of them on Friday. I went home early so I'm not sure though. You may not have gotten a notice yet though, as I don't think they where picked up by the post office.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X