Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine shipped yesterday. Hopefully I should get it by the end of this year

Comment

Most of our copies of Dracula have shipped out. Several arrived with damaged cases, so they are sending us replacement cases for them, and those will ship out as soon as the replacement cases arrive.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

How badly damaged? Will they be available at a discount?
        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Most of our copies of Dracula have shipped out. Several arrived with damaged cases, so they are sending us replacement cases for them, and those will ship out as soon as the replacement cases arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          How badly damaged? Will they be available at a discount?
          Only the cases were damaged, the books are okay (protected by their cases!)... so we're just getting replacement cases and tossing the damaged ones!

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
            Only the cases were damaged, the books are okay (protected by their cases!)... so we're just getting replacement cases and tossing the damaged ones!

Brian
            I never received an email about them shipping...I hope mine was one of the damaged ones

Comment

This book was definitely worth it, and I am looking forward to Frankenstein with Glenn Chadbourne!!

Comment

Hell I've seen this book for going around $120 on eBay, so it musn't be worth too much. I thought this book sold out in less than a day??

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                  Hell I've seen this book for going around $120 on eBay, so it musn't be worth too much. I thought this book sold out in less than a day??
                  In this economy any book that commands the published price or above on eBay is a rare thing. I have seen many newly published titles sell for 60-70% off their cover price. I missed out on this publisher's first book, Killer's Diary but I bought a reasonably priced copy on eBay early on, for about $80 (retail $75). Now if you search for a copy, the only one you will find is on ABE Books for $266.

Give it time. I think this is a title that will see an increase in price as well. Call me crazy but I think the publisher could have charged a lot more for this book.

Greg

Comment

They certainly could have. It is a beautiful edition. I wish we had managed to snag some extras.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorrornut View Post
                      In this economy any book that commands the published price or above on eBay is a rare thing. I have seen many newly published titles sell for 60-70% off their cover price.
                      I've seen the same thing, and have taken advantage of those deals many times over the last year or so. I still prefer to buy from the publisher though as that means my goes directly to them and some of those discounted titles are sold by those with lifetime memberships. Nothing wrong with them doing that, don't get me wrong, I just prefer my money going to the company. If titles are sold out or too pricey me for at cover price I won't hesitate though
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I agree, but I only buy Subterranean Press books on the secondary market as I do not want any more of my money going to that press. And I laughed my ass off when SP got it's ass handed to them when they found out that Hamlet's Father by Orson Scott Card was not the signed/limited that they had hoped for (it had been published previously under a different title). But I prefer to buy from the publisher when possible.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Hi Dan - Hate to be a pain, but do you have any spares to replace the damaged Regal Edition cases - mine arrived Friday, and, simply put, the construction of the tray case bottom was obviously not up to the journey to Australia

In all other respects, this is a fantastic edition, however, the quality of the case bottom has let it down, just a little.

DRAC # 7.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            Hi Dan - Hate to be a pain, but do you have any spares to replace the damaged Regal Edition cases - mine arrived Friday, and, simply put, the construction of the tray case bottom was obviously not up to the journey to Australia

In all other respects, this is a fantastic edition, however, the quality of the case bottom has let it down, just a little.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2576[/ATTACH]
                            We're working on getting as many replacement cases as we can right now. There are a bunch that either arrived damaged at our warehouse or didn't survive the trip to their final destination. Drop Mindy a line to get on the list so we don't forget you need one. Thanks!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorrornut View Post
                              In this economy any book that commands the published price or above on eBay is a rare thing. I have seen many newly published titles sell for 60-70% off their cover price. I missed out on this publisher's first book, Killer's Diary but I bought a reasonably priced copy on eBay early on, for about $80 (retail $75). Now if you search for a copy, the only one you will find is on ABE Books for $266.

Give it time. I think this is a title that will see an increase in price as well. Call me crazy but I think the publisher could have charged a lot more for this book.

Greg
                              That's true actually. I thought it might end up like the first The Woman limited by Ketchum, but then realized the book is rare, but not that rare (like The Woman is).
                              LOL Good ol' ABE. Almost $300, eh? Is that edition signed by the Count himself?

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                I agree, but I only buy Subterranean Press books on the secondary market as I do not want any more of my money going to that press. And I laughed my ass off when SP got it's ass handed to them when they found out that Hamlet's Father by Orson Scott Card was not the signed/limited that they had hoped for (it had been published previously under a different title). But I prefer to buy from the publisher when possible.
                                Really? I think it's the Bradbury limiteds I have that was published by them? They're not great looking books....some were by Gauntlet I'm sure (which are nice looking), but that Subterranean Press does not produce world class stuff.
                                But why else don't you like them? The people? Just shoot me a PM if you don't want to say here...I'm just curious...

Comment

Working...
                                X