No announcement yet.

Dracula by King's Way Press!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I didn't get a notice yet so I hope it comes Monday!

Comment

I got a shipping notice for this one earlier today.

Comment

Hi to all:

I want to thank all who have purchased Dracula or Killer's Diary. I appreciate the warm welcome I have received into the small
        press world.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on Dracula.

I will be working hard to constantly improve KWP titles and I have another great book coming just around the corner.

Sincerely,
        Zach

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          I'm still worried about mine. It hasn't shipped yet, but I don't like how that case looked you posted Grant. That's not CD's fault though; it's the publisher for making it so cheap and shipping it through the mail/UPS doesn't help any.
          Hi Scott,

You are correct that the damage to the boxes are not CD's fault. You are mistaken about the "publisher making it so cheap" however. KWP does not manufacture the boxes. They were produced by a good company with a good record of making these boxes for mainstream trade edition hardcovers. The problem that was not foreseen with the boxes for KWP stems from two issues.

The first is that, since we use one of the same printers as CD, the smythe sewn binding for our hardcovers along with the high quality papers makes our books significantly heavier than your average hardcover of the same size/page count. The second issue is that given that the page count of Dracula is 600pages, the book weighs a lot more than your average 300-400page book.

These boxes were experimental (and provided at no cost to the consumer) and not part of the original production plan for the book. The overall feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, so the boxes will be here to stay for all of our future titles. To ensure that we do not face these problems again with the boxes we will be taking the following steps with our next production:
          1.) The corners/sides/top & bottom of the inside of the boxes will be reinforced to accommodate the heavier binding/page count. I have already spoken with the manufacturer to address this.
          2.) The books will be shipped with the boxes, but not in the boxes to avoid damage during shipping. That is where we see the damage occurring.

These steps should solve the problem of rough postal handling which seems to be the main cause of damage. I will continue to supply CD with any replacement boxes needed, so there should be no fear that anyone will have to settle for a damaged box.

Thanks again to all for your support.
          Sincerely,
          Zach

Comment

Hi Zach - As one of the elite that received a banged up case, I appreciate both your explanation, and your willingness to make good for those that suffered a similar fate (I have only two of your books, and they're fine examples of the publishers art, and I can tell you I'll be back for more ).

Comment

Many thanks Zach
              Appreciate your response and also how you are going to address the issue. Well done. Like Mr Wootton above I'll be back.
              Paul

Comment

My replacement case is now intransit from the lovely folk at CD

Comment

Originally posted by King's Way Press View Post
                  Hi Scott,

You are correct that the damage to the boxes are not CD's fault. You are mistaken about the "publisher making it so cheap" however. KWP does not manufacture the boxes. They were produced by a good company with a good record of making these boxes for mainstream trade edition hardcovers. The problem that was not foreseen with the boxes for KWP stems from two issues.

The first is that, since we use one of the same printers as CD, the smythe sewn binding for our hardcovers along with the high quality papers makes our books significantly heavier than your average hardcover of the same size/page count. The second issue is that given that the page count of Dracula is 600pages, the book weighs a lot more than your average 300-400page book.

These boxes were experimental (and provided at no cost to the consumer) and not part of the original production plan for the book. The overall feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, so the boxes will be here to stay for all of our future titles. To ensure that we do not face these problems again with the boxes we will be taking the following steps with our next production:
                  1.) The corners/sides/top & bottom of the inside of the boxes will be reinforced to accommodate the heavier binding/page count. I have already spoken with the manufacturer to address this.
                  2.) The books will be shipped with the boxes, but not in the boxes to avoid damage during shipping. That is where we see the damage occurring.

These steps should solve the problem of rough postal handling which seems to be the main cause of damage. I will continue to supply CD with any replacement boxes needed, so there should be no fear that anyone will have to settle for a damaged box.

Thanks again to all for your support.
                  Sincerely,
                  Zach
                  Yeah,
                  That's not what I meant. I meant the people you pay to make the book. They're the ones responsible.

I've lost all track of time.....were the damaged ones that you received new ones of shipped out yet? I never received a notice from CD...and I'm referring this to Dan or Brian.
                  It's supposed to be Monday, right? This Monday or last Monday?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Every publishing company has growing pains and experiences trial & error -- even ones that have been around for years! -- so I think KWP is off to a terrific start and their fine books will only get better and better!

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      Every publishing company has growing pains and experiences trial & error -- even ones that have been around for years! -- so I think KWP is off to a terrific start and their fine books will only get better and better!

Brian
                      Yeah, that's right. Hey Zach, We've emailed about some books, etc and I didn't mean anything negative. You're a nice guy and I know that. I know it sounded that way (well, it really did actually lol), but I guess it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I was just surprised when Grant (AKA "Mr. Woot" ) posted the pic of traycase here. It's nobody's fault; as they say, shit happens.

But Brian, does the Dracula book ship this Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I think we shipped the last of them on Friday. I went home early so I'm not sure though. You may not have gotten a notice yet though, as I don't think they where picked up by the post office.
                        Hey Dan, I never received any notice at all.
                        Just thought I should mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          Hey Dan, I never received any notice at all.
                          Just thought I should mention that.
                          I dunno what's taken your order so long to print. It's only just now printed in the latest batch of orders. So it'll ship either today or tomorrow. Sorry about the delay.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Mindy emailed me today and said it's coming, so it's ok.

Comment

Dracula Royal Lettered Edition

As Dracula is one of my favourite novels of all time, I am thinking of getting hold of a PC copy of the Royal Lettered Edition from Kings Way Press.

Does anyone out there own a copy of the Lettered Edition and if so, is it any good?

I am just a bit worried after reading some of the earlier comments about the flimsy box that the Regal Limited Edition came with.

Any comments about this would be greatly appreciated.
                              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                              - Stephen King

Comment

The lettered edition came in a wooden book with a Dracula image right in the wood. I think it's outstanding. It's very different from the limited.

Comment

Working...
                                X