Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Essential Ronald Kelly Collection

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    email Paul at info@thunderstormbooks.com. He's great at answering queries ASAP!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Yes, a piece by Alex McVey. Can't wait to see it. Should be here on Monday!
    Lucky! It'll probably be a while before my copies get to Europe. But when they do come....

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    The books look great, Ron. Of course, I'm tackling War & Peace right now....
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    YYYYYAAAAAYYY!!! My copies of UM and Fear are on their way!!

I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!!

(DEEP BREATH....)

I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!!

You need to learn to open up and let your true feelings come through; repression causes premature grey hair...
    "I'm a vegan. "

My copies of UM and Fear are here!! What beautiful books and I was lucky enough to get them remarqued by Ron himself!! The remarques were fantastic!! I think Ron should do a limited edition someday that he illustrates himself. Too much talent in one guy!!

I'm waiting on my copies inscribed to me with remarques by Ron, also. Never seen a piece of his before, but I jumped at the chance to have him remarque them. Maybe you could post a shot of your remarques!
    "I'm a vegan. "

Junior Member Visitor
    My copies of UM and Fear just arrived... and they look bloody great!

Thunderstorm do a superb job and I'm glad I'm a member. Having the full collection of this Supercell line will look fantastic on my bookshelf... and the best part will be horror between the pages.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour sweeper4football's Avatar
    My copies of Undertakers Moon and Fear arrived today. Very pleased indeed!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour sweeper4football's Avatar
    I just wanted to ask you about your essential series by Thunderstorm books, will Pitfall, Blood Kin and Father's Little Helper be in the eight books selected?

Jason.

Senior Member Inmate Ronald Kelly's Avatar
    Yes, Jason, all three of those books will be part of the eight volume Essentials. I'm really looking forward to writing the bonus novellas that go with them.

BTW, Undertaker's Moon is now available as an e-book at Crossroad Press, Amazon Kindle, and Barnes & Noble Nook.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unde...lly/1107001757

http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...subde1mmjprbk6

http://www.amazon.com/Undertakers-Mo...0791094&sr=1-1

Still not as good as holding that lavish tome that Thunderstorm is offering, though. Still copies left at TB, if you want one...

Thanks for the remarques, Ron, they're great! You seemed surprised when I told you that I had seen a remarque you did for ATB; I hope you don't mind your drawings being posted...because I posted the two you made for me...

Don't let me prevent you from finishing AD&BG!
    Last edited by srboone; 11-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Thanks for the remarques, Ron, they're great! You seemed surprised when I told you that I had seen a remarque you did for ATB; I hope you don't mind your drawings being posted...because I posted the two you made for me...

Don't let me prevent you from finishing AD&BG!
    Seems like I'm busy preventing myself from finishing AD&BG lately, Squire. Part of it was due to my hernia recovery, which slowed me down a bit with several projects, while part of it has to do with remarquing and shipping copies of UM and Fear for family and friends (which I want to do, honestly). There's also the matter of coming to a point in the novel where a particular scene has reached a crucial point and, frankly, it's just not working to my satisfaction. Just something every writer has to work out for himself sooner or later (wish it was sooner, than later). Plus, I'm getting the next volume of the Essentials -- The Dark'Un -- edited and polished, and the new novella written, which is slowing me down as well. So, you see, I've got many irons in the fire... hopefully all of them hot.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
    Seems like I'm busy preventing myself from finishing AD&BG lately, Squire. Part of it was due to my hernia recovery, which slowed me down a bit with several projects, while part of it has to do with remarquing and shipping copies of UM and Fear for family and friends (which I want to do, honestly). There's also the matter of coming to a point in the novel where a particular scene has reached a crucial point and, frankly, it's just not working to my satisfaction. Just something every writer has to work out for himself sooner or later (wish it was sooner, than later). Plus, I'm getting the next volume of the Essentials -- The Dark'Un -- edited and polished, and the new novella written, which is slowing me down as well. So, you see, I've got many irons in the fire... hopefully all of them hot.
    Sounds like it's an exciting time for Ronald Kelly and his fans! Keep up the great work.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Oh I'm sure they're all hot Ron! Keep up the great work!

Moderator Involuntarily Committed Antmusic's Avatar
    As a reader and fan, I want you to be satisfied with what you're giving us.
    In other words, take whatever time you need to finish the stories the way you want them to be.
    Yes, you probably have deadlines and meeting them is part of the whole thing...but I don't want to read factory output, I want to read Ronald Kelly stories!

Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Antmusic View Post
    In other words, take whatever time you need to finish the stories the way you want them to be.
    Yes, you probably have deadlines and meeting them is part of the whole thing...but I don't want to read factory output, I want to read Ronald Kelly stories!

Keep up the great work!
    Well said!! I agree with Ant.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antmusic View Post

Keep up the great work!
    What he said!

I sincerely appreciate your votes of confidence, gentleman. True, I've been spreading myself a little thin lately, trying to write, work a full-time job plus overtime, and raising three rambunctious young'uns all at the same time. If I were at home 24/7, writing for a living like many of today's successful horror authors, things would be much more simple and productive... and less stressful. But right now, I'm playing the role of a juggler and sometimes it seems nearly impossible to keep all the balls in the air at one time.

Rest assured, I'm giving it my best. When I write a story or novel, I put myself in your shoes and write it the way I would like to read and enjoy it for the first time. If I ever disappoint you, please don't hesitate to email Ol' Ron and rake my butt over the coals.