No announcement yet.

The Essential Ronald Kelly Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the positive remarks about my writing, guys. You keep buying 'em, and I'll keep writing 'em.

Oh, and "Mr. Roboto" is my three-year-old's favorite song, after "Swing Lo, Sweet Chariot". Go figure... he's weird like his old man.

Comment

My son got a "Mr. Roboto" singing birthday card and he loves it too.

Comment

AAArrrrGGGHHHHhhh... I hated Mr. Roboto. That was the horrid death knell of a once great band. Now if you want to talk about "The Grand Illusion"....
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          AAArrrrGGGHHHHhhh... I hated Mr. Roboto. That was the horrid death knell of a once great band. Now if you want to talk about "The Grand Illusion"....
          It's always been a toss up to me...Grand Illusion or Pieces of Eight.....Tough call...Miss America vs Great White Hope.

Comment

Songwise, I think my favorite has to be Prelude 12/Suite Madame Blue from Equinox.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"Miss America" and "Suite Madame Blue" are my favorites---along with "Mr. Roboto." I can't help it!

Hunter

Comment

I like "Blue-Collar Man", too.

Comment

Put me in for 'Laurali' or 'Loreli'; I like that song by Styx the best. Then, 'The Grand Illusion'.

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned Renegade yet.

Comment

Um... Desert Moon?

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                        Um... Desert Moon?
                        I actually liked that song way back when....it's funny, I saw STYX when they released Edge of the Century w/o Tommy Shaw in the band and still liked them, but for some reason, I just can't stand the thought of seeing them without Dennis Deyoung.

Comment

I have to admit, I can only remember a few Styx songs. "Renegade", "Mr. Roboto", "Come Sail Away" and the B-side to Renegae "Sing for the Day"; I never really was into music growing up, so I can't name you a whole bunch, but if I hear it, I might recognize it.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                            Um... Desert Moon?
                            Ugh. Go back to Goody Two Shoes.

Comment

I actually met the band STYX in person after they released the DVD Return to Paradise which was a show I was actually at.

Comment

Actually, Brad?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X