No announcement yet.

The Essential Ronald Kelly Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait for the next snowstorm, it'll help with some atmosphere.

Comment

In Kansas City, that would mean "maybe next year..." We've had one day of light snow so far. I miss snow...
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

We had snow last weekend and right before Halloween. But I figured upstate NY gets it a fair amount more.

Comment

It's forty degrees outside, dry as a bone
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
            We had snow last weekend and right before Halloween. But I figured upstate NY gets it a fair amount more.
            Usually but for some
            strange reason the snow gods have been unkind to us this year.We almost had to cancel last weekends snowshoe hike with the boy scouts.This weekend is calling for snow showers.We need that next big storm.So if I wait I could wait for a long time.We have had a lot of sub zero weather though.Can't wait to see my heating bill.

Comment

Ok I guess I will blame squire for this.I just purchased both of these titles.Can't say anything except THANK YOU SQUIRE FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT SALES MAN WHEN IT COMES TO MR. KELLY..

Comment

I accept the blame and moral responsibility (but not financial) for that, BW. Ron doesn't get the recognition he deserves. I never would have discovered his works if I hadn't gotten a notice from Amazon that King's Blockade Billy was set to be published as trade HC, with the first edition being printed by CD. I went to the website, ordered Midnight Grinding and I was hooked.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You are also to blame for my new fascination with his works. I sincerely thank you a gazillion times over.

Comment

You're welcome a gazillion times over. How many zeroes is that?
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ronald Kelly's story style is very addicting. In a different vain, I'm also addicted to Brian James Freeman's works... But they are very different.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        How many zeroes is that?
                        I feel like answering my own question (to prevent anyone form actually searching for the answer--and getting the headache that I got from the expereince.)

Most entries I found say that "Gazillion" is a ficticous number. But one blog entry read (and I paraphrase):

From the root "gazzen", Latin for “earthly edge”, or "end of the earth", abbreviated to gaz (literally 28810 ancient Greek miles, being one full revolution of the globe) So how much is a Gazillion?

a Gazillion has (28810 x 3) zeros

86430 zeroes!

here's where I found this little nugget:

http://gregology.net/Reference/gazillion/

My hed hurtz reel bad....
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, at least you put the internet to good use Squire!

Comment

I don't know about "good" use, but I did pull up another bit of useless trivia to add to my collection
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              I feel like answering my own question (to prevent anyone form actually searching for the answer--and getting the headache that I got from the expereince.)

Most entries I found say that "Gazillion" is a ficticous number. But one blog entry read (and I paraphrase):

From the root "gazzen", Latin for “earthly edge”, or "end of the earth", abbreviated to gaz (literally 28810 ancient Greek miles, being one full revolution of the globe) So how much is a Gazillion?

a Gazillion has (28810 x 3) zeros

86430 zeroes!

here's where I found this little nugget:

http://gregology.net/Reference/gazillion/

My hed hurtz reel bad....
                              Do you like Styx?Because you have to muchtime on your hands.

Comment

I thought this guy was cool, back in the stone age...

tshirt.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X