Bargain Basement Limited Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargain Basement Limited Edition

I'm sure most of you out there that wanted one already have a copy of the Scribner limited edition of King's "Under the Dome". This is the 25,000 copy illustrated edition with the band around the cover, and the picture cards. If not, there's a discount store called Ollie's here in the mid-Atlantic that is offering the book for $15.00. The original price was $75.00. A good bargain if you can get it.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Sounds good! For that price I'd almost get a second copy myself.
    Problem is, shipping to my country will cost double (tripple??) of that amount.

sk

Comment

Ditto, the thingsi would have bought if shipping wasn't so high!

Comment

Man, I'd grab one of those myself if I was able to. If this is the Ollie's I came across online, their website doesn't seem to lend itself to online shopping though.

Comment

That copy is what was then termed the Collector's Set. It was priced originally at $75. Scribner also did a signed edition of 1500 copies (none of which were numbered). Price on that one was $200.

$15 for the Collector's Set is GREAT!

John

Comment

I paid $50 for mine. Do these $15 editions come with the set of 28 character cards?
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I would hope so. I haven't been by the store to check it out, and won't be able to until Monday. Storms a-comin' dontcha know. Ayuh.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Been there, done that already this summer. Three times already! Batten down your hatches and stay safe. See you on the sunny side--eventually.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was able to snag one of these (unopened, and with cards) off of eBay for $25. I don't mind paying a little extra since there's nary an Ollie's in sight round these parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X