No announcement yet.

After the Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my copy of After the Burn yesterday from Thunderstorm Books - it arrived just as I was finishing up the book that had kept me busy the last few days. It's a really great presentation! Now I just have to decide whether to read it or Midnight Grinding first!

Comment

Tough call! Both are outstanding. MG is a survey of Kelly's fiction; ATB is more focused. If I'd had a decision like that to make, in hindsight, I'd probably read ATB first, only because it's shorter (228 compared to 422 pages.)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Got mine today off of ebay! Looks fantastic. Can't wait to get into it.
        Mike

Comment

Hope you enjoy it, Mike!

Comment

My copy finally arrived in the mail today! Good timing too because I just finished something last night and I was debating what to read next...problem solved.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just saw a copy of this. It's a great looking book!
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Just saw a copy of this. It's a great looking book!
                I wholeheartedly agree. This was my first purchase from this publisher and I was pleasantly surprised by the production of this book. Nice interior, binding, cover, and DJ...excellent!

Comment

It is a beautiful book. I wish the title had been printed on the spine of the cover so it could be itentified on a bookshelf and because of the short endflaps the cover kept falling off when I read it; but I suppose these are minor quibbles. It's an exceptional work, both in the writing and design.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    It is a beautiful book. I wish the title had been printed on the spine of the cover so it could be itentified on a bookshelf and because of the short endflaps the cover kept falling off when I read it; but I suppose these are minor quibbles. It's an exceptional work, both in the writing and design.
                    I hadn't noticed those issues yet. When I get to reading tonight I will check them out. I do agree that the title should be on the spine of the DJ but I don't think I would ever notice the end flap issue because I usually take the DJ off when I'm reading a book.

Comment

I used to remove the covers from my books before reading them, but the oil from my hands would sometimes take off the embossing on the cover and spine. I would have to wear gloves when reading, so I decided to simply leave the cover on.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        I used to remove the covers from my books before reading them, but the oil from my hands would sometimes take off the embossing on the cover and spine. I would have to wear gloves when reading, so I decided to simply leave the cover on.
                        Yep. However I just try and handle the books as gently as possible and watch where a put my hands. When I leave the DJ on I typically end up crinkling a corner of the DJ so for me it's a lose lose (of course I don't even consider gloves). BTW I saw what you meant about the end flaps and I thought that was a little strange.

Comment

I doesn't take away from the fact that it's a first class publication. At least with the Supercell series TSB is putting out, the 8 dj spines will create a McVey panorama art.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm about half way through ATB and I have to say it's really good so far.

P.S. The Popsicle Man is pretty cool. My only wish would be that the deaths were more brutal for the antagonists. BTW it does have wonderful irony which plays off the other themes in this book very well.
                            Last edited by Ben Staad; 09-09-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

When I got my first Thunderstorm book, I felt the same about the name not on the spine of the book. So, I asked Paul why he did that, he said that he wanted the books to stick out on your book shelves. When you have more than one Thunderstorm title they do, I got used to it very quickly. As for they end flaps, It's a really big book?
                              I feel bad because I still haven't read this, got sidetracked by Chuck Klostermans' Eating the Dinosaur.

Comment

Originally posted by adamjames View Post
                                When I got my first Thunderstorm book, I felt the same about the name not on the spine of the book. So, I asked Paul why he did that, he said that he wanted the books to stick out on your book shelves. When you have more than one Thunderstorm title they do, I got used to it very quickly. As for they end flaps, It's a really big book?
                                I feel bad because I still haven't read this, got sidetracked by Chuck Klostermans' Eating the Dinosaur.
                                Hmmm...I only have ATB from Thunderstorm, so I'll have to wait a bit on that one. Are all of their titles are like that?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X