Cumberland Furnace & Timber Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumberland Furnace & Timber Gray

Be sure to check out these titles from Bad Moon Books.

Cumberland Furnace and other Fear-forged Fables is a short story anthology that includes both Kelly's early works and stories he wrote after his return to the horror genre. Not to be missed. Everything I loved about Midnight Grinding applies here. (Only one of the tales is a repeat).

Timber Gray is Kelly's first published western (at least first published under the name Ronald Kelly). It's entertaining and has a splendidly imagined main character.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Have these on my Kindle waiting for the hard copy before I start reading.
      I did the same with After the Burn, which came in the mail today!

Comment

I've never read anthing by Mr. Kelly but I have to admit that After the Burn sounds like it would be right up my alley. I may just have to take a closer look...
        Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I found Cumberland Gap a great comapnion volume to MG. It was more playful and downright funnier. Not that it isn't scary. My only gripe would br that...

Spoiler!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Got my copy of Timber Grey today. I'm excited to finally read this story.

Comment

I read Timber Grey a little while ago and liked it. It's kinda a western adventure tale that was fun to read. There's nothing supernatural about the book but it does have some gore, as Timber Grey is hired to hunt down a wolf pack that keeps on attacking humans. So the wolf pack is the "bad guys" if you will and there are some bloody scenes.

There was nothing heavy here with the story, but it was an enjoyable read. I'd recommend it!

Comment

Badmoon books ebay store had a sale on friday and I got both of these titles.plus other books. Looking forward to reading them.I have read the sick stuff and midnight grinding.I have hell hollow and hope to get to it in the spring or summer.It's too cold to think about summer.I love what I have read of Mr. Kelly's work so far and look
                forward to reading more.

Comment

bookworm1, you have to check out Undertaker's Moon!! Great book!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    bookworm1, you have to check out Undertaker's Moon!! Great book!
                    Thanks for the recomendation.Eventually I will look into it
                    but I really need to catch up on what I have.In addition I also bought a bunch of pre order books from sub press as they were having a 50% off pre order book sale
                    last week.I am just happy CD did not have a friday the 13th special.No I am mad they did not have one.I could have used my savings certificate instead of my
                    credit card.Oh well that will learn me..I have to thank CD for introducing me to Ronald Kelly's work though.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Thanks for the recomendation.Eventually I will look into it
                      but I really need to catch up on what I have.In addition I also bought a bunch of pre order books from sub press as they were having a 50% off pre order book sale
                      last week.I am just happy CD did not have a friday the 13th special.No I am mad they did not have one.I could have used my savings certificate instead of my
                      credit card.Oh well that will learn me..I have to thank CD for introducing me to Ronald Kelly's work though.
                      Thanks for buying CF and TG, bookworm1. I hope you enjoy them both. Timber Gray is set during a blizzard in the dead of winter, so now is the perfect time to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                        Thanks for buying CF and TG, bookworm1. I hope you enjoy them both. Timber Gray is set during a blizzard in the dead of winter, so now is the perfect time to read it.
                        Thanks I think I will read that first.I was the kid who read Alive about the andies survivors during a 3 day blizzard.So I like to
                        really set mood sometimes.YEA I am a bit strange but thats ok.

Comment

I finished Timber Gray last night, you'll like it. I wasn't planning on finishing it but we all know how that goes.

Comment

Finished Timber Gray.Loved it.Will he hear more from this guy's past.There seems to be room for more adventures.

Comment

There certainly is room. Ron's got a lot on his plate right now, but I'm sure he's thought about it more than once.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X