X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminal or Darkness on the edge of town...two of my favorites
    w. John

Comment

Entombed is by far his best to date. Available as a limited edition but you can get copies on Amazon. Phenomenal read and oddly a zombie novel with no zombies. Great commentary on the human race and nature of going slowly insane.

Comment

I don't know if Entombed his best (haven't read enough to form that opinion yet), but it is a very good book. There are Zombies, but they are very much secondary entities as they are why the main characters are where they are, but have to role past that and have nothing to do with what the people do (other than staying where they are, of course).

So far of the very little I've read, this one and Girl on the Glider are my favorites, for different reasons. Girl on the Glider is a very personal book, which made it all seem so much more real
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

My first was "Ghoul". It was enjoyable. Also really liked Ghost Walk, Dark Hollow, and Urban Gothic. Wasn't too pleased with the "ending" in "Darkness on the Edge of Town."

Comment

Any good zombie books from Brian Keene? A few folks have recommended "The Rising" but does anyone have any other suggestions?
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

THE RISING is a superb novel to start with. After, try CITY OF THE DEAD--you won't regret it!

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                Any good zombie books from Brian Keene? A few folks have recommended "The Rising" but does anyone have any other suggestions?
                Entombed is an excellent book, though the Zombies do take a back seat in this one. Must have forgotten to respond to this before, lol. I have yet to read his other zombie novels but am sure they are great.
                Spoiler!

Comment

The Rising from deadite press later this month. go get it.

Comment

Nah, I will just wait for the Maelstrom hardcover set of books from Thunderstorm Books
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Well goody goody for you.. Na. Wish I had got in on this series from Thunderstorm from the start. I forgot that The Rising was going to be part of that series.
                      Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      Nah, I will just wait for the Maelstrom hardcover set of books from Thunderstorm Books

Comment

lol, I missed the first Maelstrom set since I didn't know about it, and likely wouldn't have had the money anyway. The other Keene book this year is a new novella featuring Levi from several other stories of his. The other author's book is by F. Paul Wilson and Sarah Pinborough
                        Spoiler!

Comment

The Rising is out now and can be purchased at amazon. Ordered my copy. Looking forward to reading this updated version.

Comment

Have a HC copy of the originally published edition, but I will probably wait until I get a copy of the author's preferred edition
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                            X