No announcement yet.

Must read Koontz books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am reading relentless now it is my 3rd koontz title this year.I also read the husband and the good guy.I must say he does seem to have gotten back on track.
    For awhile I could not get through his books.My favorite is strangers of his earlier stuff.

Comment

The last couple books of Koontz I read were The Eyes of Darkness and From the Corner of his Eye (think that's the correct title). I read most of his books and for the most part, I really enjoyed them. I did like the first 2 Frankenstein books, but never got around to reading the 3rd and 4th ones yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        I am reading relentless now it is my 3rd koontz title this year.I also read the husband and the good guy.I must say he does seem to have gotten back on track.
        For awhile I could not get through his books.My favorite is strangers of his earlier stuff.
        Relentless was excellent...

Spoiler!

Otherwise, fantastic book. I thought What the Night Knows and it's tie-in novella, Darkness Under the Sun, were also great. His latest novella, The Moonlit Mind, another tie-in, this time to 77 Shadow Street, was very good as well.
        "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Koontz does seem to have gotten back on track. I've enjoyed his very recent released (such as Breathless & What the Night Knows). In fact, it's those two books that swung the Koontz fan pendulum back to enjoyment rather than annoyance. In fact, I'm surprised it took me this long as I thoroughly adored The Darkest Night of the Year.
          "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I just finished reading The Face by Dean Koontz...I enjoyed it..has a little bit of everything in it.

Comment

My own list of Koontz faves includes Lightning, Cold Fire, Strangers and Twilight Eyes. The later stuff, not so much...but I would give honorable mentions to the Moonlight Bay books and the Odd Thomas series.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison Ryan View Post
                My own list of Koontz faves includes Lightning, Cold Fire, Strangers and Twilight Eyes. The later stuff, not so much...but I would give honorable mentions to the Moonlight Bay books and the Odd Thomas series.
                Have you read Phantoms? It's one of the best, and from his "older stuff." I also liked Watchers and Whispers.

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster View Post
                  Have you read Phantoms? It's one of the best, and from his "older stuff." I also liked Watchers and Whispers.
                  I have indeed read Phantoms. I even saw the movie version in the theater (for some reason) when it came out. Watchers was the best of the "intelligent animal" books that became a running theme for Koontz. I'd amend my list above to include that one, too.

Comment

Odd Thomas was fun to read, cant imagine why they dont make a film or tv show? anyone know if he sold the rights to these books?

Comment

From IMDb:

Odd Thomas (2012)

Mystery | Thriller - 3 October 2012 (Belgium)

Not yet released

In a California desert town, a short-order cook with clairvoyant abilities encounters a mysterious man with a link to dark, threatening forces.

Director:
                      Stephen Sommers

Writers:
                      Dean R. Koontz (novel), Stephen Sommers (screenplay)

Stars:
                      Willem Dafoe, Anton Yelchin and Patton Oswalt
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Jesus Christ, Mr. Checkov, and the chubby guy from Young Adult. In a film directed by the guy responsible for Van Helsing. Hmmmmm.....
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wasn't Dafoe brilliant as Jesus?? I love that movie.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Another great movie! He was brilliant. Dafoe may not have won any awards that year, but he was definitely the actor of the year for two brilliant turns in The Last Temptation of Christ and Mississippi Burning.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I am a recent Koontz fan - I was never much of a reader, especially fiction. How stupid of me!!!!!

Because I enjoy sci-fi, horror, etc. And love the Stephen King movies, and have started knocking off some of his books now too.

Anyways.........

First Koontz book for me was Voice of The Night - found it very interesting, hard to put down
                              Next in line was Phantoms - again, great book, story, characters - loved it!
                              Popped a SK book in after that
                              Went back to Koontz with a 3 story book that had Shattered - thought this was short, but very good! After Shattered was Whispers - again, thought it was a very good storyline, with good characters (not great I would say), and left you wanting to know what happened next. The 3rd story in this book is Watchers. I did NOT continue on to that one, as I had a co-worker dump 5 of his novels on me (no complaints!), and figured I'd read them in order of when they were released. Well Strangers came before Watchers, so that is what I am reading now. Thoroughly enjoying Strangers, mind you, I am not that far into it yet. Just finished Chapter 1 - still introducing characters.

Comment

I will follow up on my last post here, since nobody else has....

Strangers was a great read! It took me longer than I wanted, but I finished it. I was so glad I got my hands on this. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

I am now reading TickTock. I was given this paperback for free. Mind you, this was a book that once I read what it was about, that I wanted to read it. So far, so good. I am about 1/2 way through, and there is quite a lot of action in it. The story is flowing well, which is of course good. Again, I have enjoyed it, and find it hard to put down.

Comment

Working...
                                X