Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support group for people who enjoy (spend too much money on) signed limited books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody loves ramen!!!

darth-vader-demotivational-poster-1211941272.jpg

Wonder what books he's saving up for???
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Building A Better Relationship With Your Son For Dummies, maybe?

Comment

I bought a Lettered copy of 'The Road To The Dark Tower' the other day, but it was only £53 ... and for a $350 book ... it would have been a crime to pass on the oppertunity!

Comment

At least you can hang on to the books once you buy them. I've probably spent thousands of dollars on chocolate too, but I have nothing to show for that (only because I exercise it off again).

I don't think my wife has any idea what my books are worth. I could see me keeling over and her selling them off in a yard sale for $1 each

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
            I bought a Lettered copy of 'The Road To The Dark Tower' the other day, but it was only £53 ... and for a $350 book ... it would have been a crime to pass on the oppertunity!
            How did you get it for so cheap??

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
              How did you get it for so cheap??
              I found it poorley listed on ebay.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                That's what they all say! I HAD to buy it. Don't you see that it's just your disease talking, man? You didn't HAVE to buy it, you just WANTED to buy it.

Anyway, we're moving and my wife asked me to pack my books. It took two months (she caught me reading them when I should have been packing) and with forty boxes packed, I'm about halfway finished! When she started doing the math she suggested that I "might want to go live in those fucking boxes of fucking books for what they cost!" *ouch*, but I promised her that it would only be paperbacks . . . used paperbacks from now on.
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I just had thoughts about purchasing my first Traycased/Lettered edition--on the secondary market, of course.

My name is Squire. And I might be turning into a collector. I hope it's not a painful process...

<...sniff...>
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

"Hi." shifts nervously and clears throat. "I go by Cope...and I'm an addict."
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      I just had thoughts about purchasing my first Traycased/Lettered edition--on the secondary market, of course.

My name is Squire. And I might be turning into a collector. I hope it's not a painful process...

<...sniff...>
                      ...only if you struggle to resist too much.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

<...sniff...>
                        Turning into a collector is EASY!!! Supporting the habit, now there's the trick!!!

Comment

I only wanted a taste. After all it was only one book. What could it hurt? But then I get another email. I'll get just a couple more....

Comment

Sigh. My name is Guy, and...and..I'm a book addict. I told myself for years that it was okay because at least it wasn't drugs, and plus I was buying all mass market paperbacks so it was fine...then the last time I moved I sold over three hundred books and I told myself I was better. That was two years ago, and now the books are back... there are more bookshelves in my apartment than places to sit. And then...about two months ago...I bought my first limited edition. It was Shivers VI...now I can't stop, and there is no more room in this place for books. I thought I was better, and now I'm trying to justify selling my living room set to make room for more bookshelves. There are at least ten more limiteds making their way to me right now, and when they get here they will overtake me. Who I was will be no more...then I will just be books.
                            Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

So... It's been a long time since I bought a book... last one i believe was somewhere around July 12th, 6:30pm.... I feel them calling to me... And what makes it worse is the 3-4 emails I get each day, telling me that this book is in stock or this will be released then, and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                So... It's been a long time since I bought a book... last one i believe was somewhere around July 12th, 6:30pm.... I feel them calling to me... And what makes it worse is the 3-4 emails I get each day, telling me that this book is in stock or this will be released then, and so on...
                                God...I wish I had your willpower. I have certainly "cut back" but I still buy way to many books.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X