Stephen king fans... Read!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen king fans... Read!!!!!!

Check out StephenKing.com under Latest News on the home page! If you do want to don't that, well I'll just tell you!

Spoiler!

So ecstatic!
    Last edited by fmancino; 07-24-2011, 02:16 PM.

Here's the link

http://www.stephenking.com/index.html
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Bah! why doesn't he even come out my way? I don't think I'll ever score his sig.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm sure Europe will be skipped - again.
        Altough, a couple of years ago King did make it to the UK.

sk

Comment

Not sure why he never comes to Chicago but that one time for Bag of Bones. At least, I think that's the only time.

Comment

Dallas is the closest to me...
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I should be in Boston

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                I should be in Boston
                Maybe we will all just send our books to you

Comment

Of course it's far away from me to during the school year. Luckily, I have some November days off which just so happen to be during about two or three of the signings. Never been to one before, if anyone has ever been to a book signing preferably a King signing could you just reply saying how it works? Thanks

Comment

I was at Howard Stern's signing a while back when I was younger LOL. We had to empty our pockets of everything, go through a metal detector, and then were herded through like cattle. You couldn't touch him, and there wasn't time to even say hello. It was horrible, and many wallets were stolen. Luckily not mine. The party was fun though.

I'm sure King's are much different, but I'd reckon there is some security and such. Maybe not as drastic. He is considerably less hated than Stern.

Comment

I was only at the Bag of Bones signing, but they would only have him sign the title that he was touring for and at least for BoB, you had to buy it there.

Comment

He came out to San Francisco for Lisey's Story, but just signed books in advance of the in-conversation lecture thing. Still wanna snag him at an actual signing and "meet" him some day.
                        www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I attended his BAG OF BONES tour date here in Seattle, and it was a pretty relaxed affair. He read for a while, did a Q&A, then we formed a line (two levels to the church, one level at a time stood in line) and he signed (only) BAG OF BONES. Was able to speak with him for a minute or so (a *lot* of people there, so couldn't / didn't want to hold up the line) and shake his hand. My wife (who also got a copy of BoB signed) and I had a very nice time.

Sorry to see he won't be out this way again on this tour.
                          Last edited by RonClinton; 07-25-2011, 11:09 PM.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I never attended a King signing yet.
                            I only came as far as the NYC Harry, Carrie & Garp event, a couple of years ago.
                            Which was awesome!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
                              Never been to one before, if anyone has ever been to a book signing preferably a King signing could you just reply saying how it works? Thanks
                              I'm sure every one is different. I've been to a King event with tickets, and one without. The one with tickets sales, we got the tickets a few months in advance, then seating for the readings (by King, his wife, and son Owen) was first come first serve. We waited in line outside the venue for an hour or so, but others had been there all day. After the readings and Q&A everyone got back in line for the signings and that was one book per person. They had various books for sale if you hadn't brought your own. I was also at the Wal-mart signing for the Under the Dome tour. At that one tickets were given out at 7:00 am the day of the signing. Again, first come, first serve. I got there around 6:00 and was in the mid 100s. The deal for that signing was that you had to buy your copy of the book from the store and have proof. So everyone in line that morning got a numbered wristband (which I had to wear all day) then went into the store and bought the book. Later that afternoon, we returned to the store, showed the book and receipt, and got back in line based on the number on our wristbands. Just before the reading, the lines were ushered in front of the stage. Steve did a reading and took some questions, then the line went past him and he signed. Signatures were limited to only the one copy of Under the Dome that you bought that morning. So both events were very organized, and no problems.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                              X