The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I don't think they'll do it with the American Vampire ones, as they're produced by a different company than the rest of them.
    DC/Vertigo (publisher of American Vampire) has what they call, Absolute Editions. I've got quite a few and they are gorgeous books. I love my Sandman collections in the Absolute Editions. They collected all 75 comics, specials, and short stories in 4 volumes.

Dan, if you really want to start a Batman collection, and not just single issue comics, do yourself a favor and get the Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
      DC/Vertigo (publisher of American Vampire) has what they call, Absolute Editions. I've got quite a few and they are gorgeous books. I love my Sandman collections in the Absolute Editions. They collected all 75 comics, specials, and short stories in 4 volumes.

Dan, if you really want to start a Batman collection, and not just single issue comics, do yourself a favor and get the Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller.
      I'll have to look into that then. I'm a long way off of starting a Batman collection though. I've gotta get to a point in my book collection, to where the purchases are out of my price range first, then I'll probably work on completely my Hellboy collection. I'll probably go with the Absolute editions for batman though, as it'd be impractical to collect individual issues, I'd break the bank. I was also looking at the Batman Graphic Novels.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

If you ever want suggestions, other than Amazon lists, let me know. I think there are 3 or 4 Batman Absolutes, but many more stories collected in HB and TPB graphic novels
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          I hope they don't at this point or I'd be stuck with 5 The Stand hardcovers as well as Am. Vampire and a bunch of others in HC. I've lost track of some there are so damn many. Anyone recall what the new comic series was that was recently released a couple weeks ago? I asked Dave at The Overlook and he told me it too, will be released as a HC. But as I said, the only problem is I can't recall the title...perhaps something to do with Little Sisters...??
          Hiya Scott - Little Sisters is ancient history, so's The Battle of Tull (recently released in HC) - the current arc is The Waystation, and the 2nd comic in the arc has already been released

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
            Hiya Scott - Little Sisters is ancient history, so's The Battle of Tull (recently released in HC) - the current arc is The Waystation, and the 2nd comic in the arc has already been released
            Thanks Grant. Now I have to somehow remember all this shit LOL. I have The Battle of Tull in the comic format but as I said, no more comics for me.

Comment

If CD would stop enticing me I might have money for the Omnibus and the DMG books I'm dying to get my hands on. But Cemetery Dance is too amazing for me to not click the Purchase button.

Comment

Hold on to your money the final arc of the latest gunslinger saga was just announced.The GUNSLINGER THE MAN IN BLACK.So we might see a 2nd omnibus edition by next year.The first issue in the last arc comes out on6/20/12.It is 5 issues so will be done by the end of Oct.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up BW. I am still not sure if I want the omnibus or try to get the first edition Harcovers. I can't make up my mind. They are firsts and very nice looking HC's but then the omnibus is supposed to include extras.

Comment

Yes my answer is get both.I did.Plus the comics every month.Yes Yes I know now you hate me too..

Comment

If only I could afford that. I probably could since they come out over time but we have no comic book stores, and shipping plus customs(sometimes) cost too much, then theres always the 8 hr drive to get to a comic book store, not gonna happen. lol. The Omnibus is on Amazon for about $100CAD free shipping and the HC's are available in chain bookstores like Coles which we have but the actual comic books would be the hard part. Plus most of em are out already so its alot altogether.

Comment

You could try e-bay.Growing up we did not have a comic shop where I lived.You went to the news stand and picked them off a wire spin rack.If you missed a week you hoped someone did not snag the issue you missed and it might be left in the back of the rack somewhere.

Comment

I find ebay horrible for buying books. you never know what your really getting and the shipping prices are worse than anywhere else. Sometimes its the only option but thats the only time I bother.

Comment

I thought the omnibus had them all in it except the new ones. I didnt know it's only the first 5. I am definitely waiting.

Comment

I've never had any issue buying off eBay, but there are a lot more US sellers than Canadian ones, though I have seen a small number of them. Typically you do know what you're getting though as they don't want to send you something that isn't what they claimed and get a negative rating and have the charge refunded. I find sellers on Amazon more shady than eBay based on book conditions claimed. Have seen books listed as being in Like New condition and then mention ex-library with usual markings in the description. The highest condition I would consider ex library books would probably be good condition if they have the usual library markings and such.

The omnibus does have everything except the newer stuff, which is 6 story arcs (30 issues total). The 5 was the number of issues in the new arc. I'm still not sure if I will get these comics or not myself
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Don' miss understand me the first omnibus has the first 5 arcs called The Dark Tower.The present 5 arc series is called The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger.My guess is that will be published in an omnibus form Early next year.
                                Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                I thought the omnibus had them all in it except the new ones. I didnt know it's only the first 5. I am definitely waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X