The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition

"As a lifelong fan of Marvel comic books, and as an adult reader who’s seen comics 'come of age' and take their rightful place in the world of fantasy and science fiction, I'm excited to be a part of Roland's new incarnation."
    — Stephen King

The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition: TWO VOLUME SET!

Publisher: Marvel Comics
    Publication Date: Fall 2011
    Retail Price: $150.00

About the Book:
    "The Man in Black fled across the desert…and the gunslinger followed."

With those words from a short story published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, Stephen King launched one of the most seminal characters in his lifetime of writing into a destiny fraught with danger, death, triumph and loss. In the almost thirty years since that momentous occasion, King introduced millions of readers to the densely textured realm of Mid-World through his magnum opus, the Dark Tower series of novels. King joined with Marvel in 2007 to bring his masterwork of fantasy to a new generation of readers. Adding stunning new textures to the mythos of Roland and Mid-World for the past four years.

Book ONE of this amazing two volume set is 296 pages and contains: Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #1-7, The Long Road Home #1-5, Treachery #1-6, Sorcerer #1, The Fall of Gilead #1-6 and The Battle of Jericho Hill #1-5.

Book TWO is 600 pages chock full of essential short stories, bonus material and apocrypha, this volume is a must-read for Stephen King enthusiasts, including:

* Three guidebooks overseen by Dark Tower: A Concordance author Robin Furth unlock the many secrets of Roland Deschain, the Gunslingers, Gilead and the dark forces of Farson — bringing readers greater insight into the people, places and things of Mid-World.

* Supplemental material from the first thirty issues of Marvel’s Dark Tower series shed even more light on King’s epic — with short stories by Furth, and a tour through artists Jae Lee and Richard Isanove’s sketchbooks, and more!

* Material includes Dark Tower: Gunslinger’s Guidebook, End-World Almanac and Guide to Gilead, Marvel Spotlight: Dark Tower and additional material from the first 5 graphic novels.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I have all the comics that are in here... but that doesn't make me want this bad boy any less. Marvel makes some great Omnibus oversized hardcovers (like their Howard the Duck one).

Comment

Expensive, but of course I ordered a copy!

sk

Comment

One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
          One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.
          Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!
            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
            gamertag : calason

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post
              I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!
              I will email my contact there and ask!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!
                Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                  Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....
                  Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.

Comment

Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.
                    Yeah. And you even forgot to mention Little Sisters of Eluria lol! Way too many. It took me years to try and get every single first edition of the Poison Elves series, and finally it was completed (but I think only because the author died..). There's no way I'm doing that with all these other comics. But you mention American Vampire...forget about that one. I guess that will be in HC too someday? I did by "N" here at CD in HC.

Comment

Oh, I forgot (and I'm not purposely doing this to pump up my post count)....about how you say mass produced comics won't be worth much. I don't think they will either. Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.
                      I was told (and I think I mentioned this before) years ago the first issue I had and several more after the first of Poison Elves, were worth a lot of money. To who?? If I put the first few issues of Poison Elves on eBay for $700, I'd be laughed at

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                        Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.
                        Definitely the latter!

sk

Comment

Yeah, I think so too

Comment

I'm going to wait and pick up a copy in the secondary market. I'm sure it will drop in price somewhat. I own all the comics and hardcovers, so I'm sure there's no new offerings in this volume, but it sure looks great!

John

Comment

I forgot all about these until I received an email (yesterday?). I'd like to buy all the comics but it's just too much. Just the first series has covered my entire chest of drawers in the spare room where I keep so many comics....I think it's defintely best just waiting for the HCs. Or hell, not even buying them at all. If you buy the comics and/or books, what happens if you discover you're missing some issues? It'l drive you crazy trying to track down the ones you don't have. Besides, I don't think any of this stuff will be worth much. Maybe 50 years from now lol, but it's not like some limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                              X