Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US vs UK editions - do you prefer the edition produced in the author's home country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US Lisey's Story is a work of art. The final image is the actual cover, but the second photo shows the book without the cover.
    Last edited by frik51; 08-06-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

This is one of my favorites:

Comment

Yeah, UTD is cool. But with Lisey's Story, it gets screwed up if you put a DJ protector on it. Neither one of the Duma Key's jackets do anything for me. Some woman from England I was corresponding with years ago, sent me a copy of the British edition of Everything's Eventual, and I remember thinking, wow, that's not what the UK art used to look like. But then I realized most of the UK versions I have of anything are almost all Laymon titles from the late 80's and early 90's.

Comment

I prefer the Harry Potter books from the UK. They just seem more authentic.

As far as King goes, the words are the same in both the US and UK editions. I've never seen an example in a UK edition of any word or spelling changes.

John

Comment

John i'm interested to know which is your favourite of the Harry Potter novels?

Comment

Harry Potter? Never even saw one of those books.

Comment

Working...
              X