Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dance with Dragons!!!

Junior Member Visitor
    I love a good epic fantasy but haven't started into this series yet. Probably going to wait until the series is complete as well. Already into one "hurry up and publish it!" series with Scott Lynch's Locke Lamora. Maybe someday we'll see the next book in that saga!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
    I love a good epic fantasy but haven't started into this series yet. Probably going to wait until the series is complete as well. Already into one "hurry up and publish it!" series with Scott Lynch's Locke Lamora. Maybe someday we'll see the next book in that saga!
    He is "supposed" to finally be done with the 3rd volume. I guess he has a lot of anxiety issues.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    I was at one of the Borders stores (Denver) yeaterday and just couldn't help myself: I just had to buy a copy.
    Up till now, I only collected the UK editions. of course this means I'll have to get myself a full set of US 1st/1sts...

sk

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    I was at one of the Borders stores (Denver) yeaterday and just couldn't help myself: I just had to buy a copy.
    Up till now, I only collected the UK editions. of course this means I'll have to get myself a full set of US 1st/1sts...

sk
    Good choice! I'm hoping to be able to pick up my copy soon. Got 1-4 in PB, so now I guess I'll have to pick up the HC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post

sk
    Be careful if you look for the US 1st/1st of Game of Thrones. Peopple used to try to get seceral hundred for it. I'm seen it much cheaper over the years. Of course, I don't know what the HBO series has done to the price.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    I'm holding out for a nice matching set when all 7 books are completed. I read Game of Thrones a few years ago when a copy was given to me by a co-worker. Haven't read the others, though. I just read an interview with GRR Martin at the EW site and he said he hopes the next two don't take as long as Dance.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    I'm holding out for a nice matching set when all 7 books are completed. I read Game of Thrones a few years ago when a copy was given to me by a co-worker. Haven't read the others, though. I just read an interview with GRR Martin at the EW site and he said he hopes the next two don't take as long as Dance.

If you can find the Subterranean editions of Storm and Feast now, I would suggest getting them. Then you can buy a matching 5,6,7,1 and 2 from them MUCH cheaper than trying to buy a matching set when they are all published.

Or don't buy any editions and just get this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...s-20/ref=nosim

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Ah, yes, I'd love a sword like that.
    I almost got myself a Lord of the Rings replica, but couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted.
    Plus, they're awfully expensive..

sk

The Subterranean Press home page shows one of the picutres from the coming limited of Dance with Dragons. No idea if it's cover art or interior, but I really like it. Now, I just need $295!!!

Too bad I don't own Feast for Crows from them....

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    I was super stoked then instantly bummed. I have a PC copy of the s/l Feast and am not eligible to purchase. Hopefully they will have some left over.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

You might want to send Bill a note to see if you could get on a list for extra PC copies, as I don't think they sell those directly to customers, it wouldn't be like you were trying to cheat someone else.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    You might want to send Bill a note to see if you could get on a list for extra PC copies, as I don't think they sell those directly to customers, it wouldn't be like you were trying to cheat someone else.
    I did, I'm still not eligible. It's cool, I was late to the party. I understand they need to take care of the long time customers. I'm going to get it regardless, it just sucks to have to pay a premium on the secondary market.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Hopefuly it will at least save you money when Subterranean releases their edition of Game and Clash.

I do not know the person doing this auction, but I came acorss an Ebay listing for a few of the limiteds of the ICe and Fire books volumes 2-4, so you can buy Dance if you get this. For the purists, you'll probably want to still re-buy the Subterranean Press edition of CLash when they do it to have a set that is matched in size. The Clash included here is the old Meisha Merlin edition. I beautiful book, but a different size from the Subterranean editions of Storm and Feast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1155wt_1353

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I do not know the person doing this auction, but I came acorss an Ebay listing for a few of the limiteds of the ICe and Fire books volumes 2-4, so you can buy Dance if you get this. For the purists, you'll probably want to still re-buy the Subterranean Press edition of CLash when they do it to have a set that is matched in size. The Clash included here is the old Meisha Merlin edition. I beautiful book, but a different size from the Subterranean editions of Storm and Feast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1155wt_1353
    Damn those are hot!

$1,300.... Anyone want to buy a kidney?

Quote Originally Posted by peteOcha View Post
    Damn those are hot!

$1,300.... Anyone want to buy a kidney?
    Sure, the kidney might be a limited, but is it signed????

Of course! Signed and numbered! You can choose between 1/2 and 2/2. Or I can fix up a lettered edition if you prefer...?

Considering the books, with shipping, were about $300 each when they were new, $1300 for the three is pretty cheap for the second hand market.