Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Cowboys & Aliens--not bad. Director Favereau does here what he did in Iron Man: he never lets his CGI take center stage, letting story and character development take over from the get-go. Craig, Ford and even Wilde make the most of the opportunity. It's a mildly entertaining yarn that had me hankerin' for a straight western with Craig and Ford. It also made me wonder if Craig would make a decent Roland Deschain (not that Javier Bardem would not).

3.5/5
    I really want to see this one. Hoping I can get out to see it later this week.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      I know that Tron has been slated by quite a few people since its release but i have to say that i really enjoyed the film and it was truely stunning visually - 4/5
      I really loved Tron. I think it was a great modern day representation of what they tried to do in the original. I hope they make more.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I really loved Tron. I think it was a great modern day representation of what they tried to do in the original. I hope they make more.
        I couldn't get past the CGI they used to create Clu. He looked like a Jeff Bridges bobble-head. And while they made JB younger, his voice remained that of a 60-year old man. Plus, the Dude abiding in the digital future didn't work for me. 2.5/5

The original awed me in 1982, has lost a little of it's luster over the last 29 years, but still remains preferable to Legacy. Unbeatable in the "Blast from the Past" category. 4/5
        Last edited by srboone; 08-02-2011, 05:11 AM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ahh see that's probably the difference. I didn't actually see the original tron until probably 2-3 years ago. As much as I loved the original tron (and I did), the acting I felt really left something to be desired. Where as I felt the acting was fairly good in the new one. The Jeff Bridges CGI didn't even bother me all that much, probably because I was expecting it to be much much worse than it actually was.

Instagram

Comment

Although I'd likely give neither of the Tron films a 6-7/11, I did think they worked well together. The space of time in between the movies was accounted for in a nice way for me. I liked the new conflict, and the new characters. I found it a little hard to buy into the Tron character in the newer film though.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Shoot'em Up (2007). Starring Clive Owen and Paul Giamotti. A sharp, over-the-top hilarious (pronouned "HIGH-LAHR-E-OSE!" by Washington state native Uncle Charlie, deceased.) satire of the action film genre that takes shots at every convention and scores bigger than most action films. It's cynical and sometimes bitter tone can be off-putting to the casual viewer, but it's a shooter video game come to life that left me in stitches and shot full of adrenaline.

Of course, I now have a phobia of anybody causally chomping on a carrot , but I digress.

4.5/5
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Shoot'em Up I found was great on the first watch, and then all other times, it just went down hill, fast. It's like music, you know, where you hear something and on first listen you're like, WOW!!!, and then you buy it and grow very weary of it quickly. Yet those songs that don't grab you right away seem to grow into something wonderful and become your favourites.

Back on track - I have Hall Pass to watch tonight, and I don't think this has been done yet, but I'm giving it a 2.5/5 already.

Comment

Rise of the Planet of the Apes: A great start to what hopefully will be a terrific series. Astonishing and quite entertaining. Chock full of cardboard human characters, but the primates make up for it. Great CGI, with a rainfall of leaves on a suburban street a surprising standout. Two notes: It's time to recognize Andy Serkis as the greatest actor of the digital age and James Franco as once of the greatest actors perpetually under the influence.

4/5
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Going on vacation tomorrow and in addition to books, I'll be brining some movies along.

Source Code
                    Limitless
                    Just Go With It
                    Lincoln Lawyer

First two are for me, last two for the wife.

Comment

Nicely played, Pete. I haven't seen the last two (not that I'm rushing to do so...)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Final Harry Potter.
                        Best one of the lot.
                        I'm no fan, but really liked this one.
                        Loved the dragon!

****/*****

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Final Harry Potter.
                          Best one of the lot.
                          Loved the dragon!

****/*****

sk
                          Agreed. Very well done, and a great finish to the series.
                          http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Final Destination 5: I know, I know. Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw, Final Destination--I can't not go to them. Usually these sequels rate 1 to 1.5 stars, if that. But...as bad as this is, the young actors here are REALLY good! Every one of them deserves to have a decent career--certainly a better resume item than this film, but you must start somewhere. That being said, the effects here are subpar, by today's standard. To be fair, the effects should be seen in 3D (I saw them in 2D); so, if 3D doesn't give you headaches, and you actually plan on seeing this movie, watch it in 3D. Still the movie had it's moments, and hey, it's got Candyman in it!

2/5
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Final Harry Potter.
                              Best one of the lot.
                              Loved the dragon!

****/*****

sk
                              That's interesting, because I felt like the final movie didn't really live up to the expectations built up for it by Part I and even really the one before that. Then again I am a fan of both the books and the movies, so I probably have slightly higher expectations.

Instagram

Comment

Super 8

Finally saw it. Really liked this movie, as I am very fond of the early Spielberg.
                                Shades of Close Encounters, ET, terriffic child actors.
                                Only the monster didn't really work for me.
                                Still, ****/*****

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X