Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I'd love to say that was a waste of money but I still really enjoyed my trip to the drive in. Total Recall was BORING and Step Up was BAD even for a step up movie. Moose was only in it for 5 minutes, WTF was that shit? There wasn't much of a story and it was just a bunch of flash mob dances. It barely showed them getting ready for it or coming up with the shit they did. they're like hey lets to it here, cut scene, then Flash mob and everythings perfect. Anyway they both sucked but I had a good time with Mase
    haha were all drive-ins playing the same 2 movies on the same weekend.. the drive-in by my place played the exact same 2 movies on the same weekend.. must be an Alantic Canada thingy lol.

Comment

Saw The Campaign today. It was ok. Had its moments but they were few. I'd give this a 2/5.

Comment

Double feature tonight: "Act of Valor" and "Stone". The first was really good; I'd give it 5/5; the second was good but dragged on a bit - I thought the most interesting part was the metamorphosis of Edward Norton's character, but I wish they would have developed that more. 3 1/2 out of 5.

Comment

"The Dictator" - not really sure why, but I was expecting something a bit more over-the-top and funnier. It had its good parts, but really, it came off not so much as a script but rather just set-ups for punchlines. No real flow to it. I'd give it 3 out of 5.

"Bernie" - based on a true story about a nice guy who did something bad. 4 out of 5.
          Last edited by Xiabei; 09-03-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Hit and Run - Had its moment but generally sucked 2/10

The Campaign - Hate Will Farrell but this movie certainly had its moments, most of which were thanks to zach galifianakis or however you spell his damn name. Thought i'd hate this movie but I didn't. Still only a 5/10(Meh)

If Menace is wondering...these were the movies playing at the Cape Breton Drive in LAST weekend. and I think they're the same because there is some stupid board or something that decides what movies they can play. They're given limited options and choose from them. The Sunday bonus movie has been Savages ever since it was released for some reason. Still haven't seen it though. Tonight they're playing ice age, the watch and savages as the bonus..guess we get a bonus on monday cuz of the holiday, which is why I am stuck at work on a monday morning. ughh

Comment

American Reunion - oh, I'd say 3.75 out of 5. Call me weird, but I thought some of the earlier movies had more feeling; this one felt like a "let's just throw everybody together again" kinda thing. Still, it was funny in parts, but they should definitely let it die now.

Comment

"Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" - hmm, 4 out of 5 I guess. I tend to like these types of movies, but I wish this one had been a little more serious. The first half was more interesting; too many "oh come on that's ridiculous" moments in the second half, not that I expected it to be hyper-realistic or anything. But I still enjoyed it.

Comment

Zombieland - B+

It took long enough but I finally got around to watching this one and definitely enjoyed it (as I knew I would). Definitely not one that my wife would be happy to see though, lol
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

"I Saw the Devil": B+

Brutal Korean serial killer/revenge flick. Lagged a little in the middle but overall pretty good if you can handle the graphic violence.

Comment

Hmm, I think I like the idea of grades better than numbers. Thanks for the idea! So:
                      "The Gray" - A+. Normally that approach to a movie doesn't do much for me, but I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                        Hmm, I think I like the idea of grades better than numbers. Thanks for the idea!
                        Yeah, used to do the number thing, but grading with the letters is so much easier that I started going with that way. Leaving the - and + like college courses would be even easier, but I like it better with them as it separates the movies a bit more.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" - D. The only redeeming thing in this movie was the setting, which was beautiful and spooky - but the movie itself was a laugh. It was too ridiculous to be scary, and way too long. If it had been thirty minutes long and we were still in the 1980's it would have fit right in as a "Tales From the Darkside" episode.

Comment

lawless - I thought this movie was great. Not a favorite but really good. Love Forrest. 8/10

Comment

"Domino" - A+ for Kiera Knightly, but over all B-.

Comment

Rewatch.....

Forrest Gump - 10/10. I can watch that movie over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X