Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess i do then.

Comment

Hmmm...looks like Magic Mike could be a surprise hit. It's gotten pretty good reviews. Might actually beat Ted for weekend box office.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Magic Mike is my tuesday movie. Any every single woman I know wants to see that movie so not really that much of a surprise.

Comment

"Contraband" - 5 of 5. Awesome movie. The scenes in Panama gave me flashbacks, haha.

Comment

To me, the most enjoyable (not necessarily the best) movie of the year. I LOVED this reboot, or whatever it's supposed to be. I don't really understand why an encore of Spiderman's origin was necessary, after all, Sam Raimi did a pretty good job, but this one's a lot of fun. I'm not a Spiderman purist and I don't know much about the comics, so I couldn't care less if this movie is true to its source. I'm sure it isn't. Again, who cares. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is spot on, his Spiderman an absolute joy. I really liked Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy) as well. The only character I had problems with was Sally Field's aunt May. I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching Sally Field instead of her movie character.
            I know this movie got mixed reviews - quite a few negative ones. Not from me though. Go see Spidey, guys!

***** / *****

sk
            Last edited by frik51; 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to see this. Maybe towards the end of the week when I'm not gonna have cable / internet because of the move.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

One of those Tuesday night midnight premieres, but I'll probably catch it this weekend.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Prometheus - 6.5/10

Not as bad as many had led me to believe.
                  Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                  http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Wasn't a midnight release here and didn't even sell out. We skipped it til next week since its the only new movie this week. Unfortunately we missed out on magic mike tonight because that actually was sold out. I'm still baffled by magic mike and Ted being sold out even though its the second week for both and spiderman didn't on opening night and it also being cheap night.

Abe Lincoln vampire hunter.
                    4/10

This gets just under a 5(meh) because it was so rediculous even for a vampire movie and because the vampires were walking in sunlight with the only exlanation being "they can adapt to sunlight" seriously? Fucking people.oh and a sunblock add. Who writes this shit? I can't write either but I can come up with a better explanation than that.

Comment

I told you you'd want your two hours back. I hope Mase paid for the movie.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

He always does. Lol. He didn't want to see it either cuz it was 3d and it was a horrible use of it as well. I found most of the movie blurry.

Comment

I've been really behind on movies lately, but I did watch a few while on different flights all across Europe and the US:

21 Jump Street - 4/5 maybe it was the unlimited free alcohol on my Lufthansa flight, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Had me laughing, and Jonah Hill deserves credit for major weight loss!

We Bought a Zoo - 4/5 - touchy feely family movie. Not really my type, but I guess after 3 weeks I was missing my wife and the little guy, so this one snuck its way into my heart.

John Carter - 3/5 - The 3 is for the hot chick, other than that the movie was so-so. Just so much of it had already been done before.

Comment

I agree on 21 jump street and I was not drunk. It was pretty damn funny. His weight loss bothered me lol. He looked too different. Just watched John Carter the other night too...Didn't really like that but i wasnt bored either so its a meh for me(5/10)

Comment

Saw The Grey last night. I loved it. Just when you think you've seen every permutation of the survival movie, one comes along and blows them all away. Neeson isn't saddled with an American accent so he can actually emote without restraint which enhanced his character to be much more than a typical action hero. I felt for each person who died because I was placed firmly behind Neeson's eyes and never felt like they were just going through the motions. Even as their numbers dwindled I kept rooting for them to survive, even the jerk who went on about the wallets. And that ending was just perfect.

Comment

Excellent review Mr Rice. I completely agree with every bit of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X