No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source Code - not bad. Not great, but not bad. Too much lavender and not enough sweat. 3/5

Bunny and the Bull - surreal comedy from the makers of the British TV show, Mighty Boosh. Very good. Sort of Jean-Pierre Jeunet mixed with monty python. 4.5/5

Creep - British horror. Meh. 2/5

Comment

Date night tonight with the wife. Saw "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." We both rather enjoyed it, but I am also a big fan of the Heston movie. Not so much of the Marky Mark one. I'll give this new effort a 9/11.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I loves me creature-features. Finally grabbed a DVD of SPLINTER - WOW, my kind of movie. 95/100

Jan
        Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
          SPLINTER - WOW, my kind of movie. 95/100
          Never even heard of it.
          Guess I'll have to check it out!

sk

Comment

Warrior: Works best as a family drama, rather than a sports film. Hardy and Edgeton are heartbreaking as combatants in a sibling rivalry gone wrong. Nolte's character confused me and doesn't score any points for the film. And there's so much bone-crunching and hard hitting mayhem thrown around that I forgave myself for enjoying a guy-cry film.

3.5/5
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
              I loves me creature-features. Finally grabbed a DVD of SPLINTER - WOW, my kind of movie. 95/100

Jan
              Yes! That was one of those movies where I was saying to myself, "I can't believe they went there." 5 stars
              http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
              http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
              http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmmm...I am going to have to get this one.

Comment

Trollhunter. Another entry in the "found footage" genre. College students in Norway investigating bear attacks stumble upon a hunter from a super secret governmental agency who knows what's really going on. The whole thing is pretty silly, but the movie has a lot of really droll humor in it. If you just go with it, TH is a lot of fun. Personally, I liked it, but it's not for everyone. It would be perfect for a midnight movie.

2.5 is kinda low, 3 is probably too high.

2.75/5 (5.5/10)

Those silly Norwegians...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Trollhunter. Another entry in the "found footage" genre. College students in Norway investigating bear attacks stumble upon a hunter from a super secret governmental agency who knows what's really going on. The whole thing is pretty silly, but the movie has a lot of really droll humor in it. If you just go with it, TH is a lot of fun. Personally, I liked it, but it's not for everyone. It would be perfect for a midnight movie.

2.5 is kinda low, 3 is probably too high.

2.75/5 (5.5/10)

Those silly Norwegians...
                    I've actually heard from several sources now that this is a "fun" movie. I guess I'm going to have to check this out...maybe I will have a double feature with this and Rubber.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The Tourist - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        The Tourist - 8/10
                        The one with Depp and Angelina?

Really? I've heard and read many negative opinions about the movie... Although the wife wanted to see it but she was put off by the negative reviews. But an 8/10 would make it a worthwhile watch indeed. Might have to pick it up.

Comment

Yeah i didn't know what to expect, hadn't seen any reviews, just the trailer and i really did enjoy the thing. Quite a satisfying ending too

Comment

Aliens - My favorite James Cameron movie. Or maybe that's The Abyss...
                            I love Scott's Alien and can't wait for Prometheus, but Cameron's sequel might even be better.
                            I watched the BD edition (the extended version) and this movie has only looked (and sounded) better in the theatre.
                            Near perfect.

*****/*****

sk

Comment

Wow, now which movie were you ranking 5/5? Let's see...oh, Aliens!

I agree!!! Cameron's best and Sigourney Weaver's finest 2 1/2 hours. Maybe when he stops making heavy-handed "message" movies, he'll return to form. I'm not holding my breath...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

They have made a game for Aliens in which the trailer looks phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X