Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't think I even made it that far, Martin.
    Well, I somehow made it through to the end and what a train wreck it was, I just couldn't help but watch to see just how bad it would get. My buddy and I both watched it and would laugh about it then shake our heads in disbelief as it became more and more ludicrous. I also enjoyed listening to Hans and Lou review the show and being able to laugh along with them. I really can't believe it aired as long as it did.
    I agree that the source material for 11.22.63 is much better but they really didn't do justice to Dome which I thought was still a good read, at least until the end which I didn't really care for. But the end of the book was still better than the entirety of the show.

Comment

I don't think there's too much worry about them doing more than one season. They are advertising it as a mini-series, which is something they didn't do with Under The Dome. Also it's being produced by one of these new media platforms that seem to have a better handle on these kinds of things than regular network TV. Also James Franco is probably a bit expensive.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
        I agree that the source material for 11.22.63 is much better but they really didn't do justice to Dome which I thought was still a good read, at least until the end which I didn't really care for. But the end of the book was still better than the entirety of the show.
        Agreed.

Comment

Deadpool:I am going to totally love the sequel to this move! As long as it doesn't have another rehashed, dreary, clichéd backstory to it that takes up half the film. The opening and closing credits were terrific, the violence was gleefully gruesome, the action sequences were inspired (though repetitive) and Reynolds was perfect in the role. Eventually, though, the screenplay can't match the wit and charm of it's star and simply becomes the movie-type it spoofs, which is a problem. Still, it's a lot of silly, ultraviolent, profane fun. And spin doctor Stan Lee is obviously having fun as well!

3/5
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Deadpool:I am going to totally love the sequel to this move! As long as it doesn't have another rehashed, dreary, clichéd backstory to it that takes up half the film. The opening and closing credits were terrific, the violence was gleefully gruesome, the action sequences were inspired (though repetitive) and Reynolds was perfect in the role. Eventually, though, the screenplay can't match the wit and charm of it's star and simply becomes the movie-type it spoofs, which is a problem. Still, it's a lot of silly, ultraviolent, profane fun. And spin doctor Stan Lee is obviously having fun as well!

3/5
            So this is something I don't fully understand, and I've heard similar criticism from other places as well. People criticism it for at the end adhering to the tropes of the super hero movies it's making fun of. I don't really see how this is a problem. Personally I think the final product (despite it's flaws) is probably the most entertaining super hero movie to come out since The Dark Knight. I can't say the best movie though as I think there where some better movies in there, just not many that have close to the same enjoyment level as this one does.

I think the problem is that somewhere along the lines people go the idea that Deadpool was going to be a movie spoofing other super hero movies in the same way that Kickass was a superhero spoof movie. When in reality Deadpool is a super hero movie, it's just a super hero movie that knows it's a super hero movie. Deadpool works, because the scale is sooo much smaller. The world isn't at stake here, really just one person and his need for vengeance.

Instagram

Comment

I saw The Boy last week. For a horror movie, this movie seemed unscary, maybe creepy at times. The plot was sound throughout. The only scary part was the ending. While solid, I feel the movie's ending could have been done better.
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Felt pretty much the same way, Cap. It's a wait-to-rent film. I pretty much went to see it because of my huge crush on 'Maggie'

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  So this is something I don't fully understand, and I've heard similar criticism from other places as well. People criticism it for at the end adhering to the tropes of the super hero movies it's making fun of. I don't really see how this is a problem. Personally I think the final product (despite it's flaws) is probably the most entertaining super hero movie to come out since The Dark Knight. I can't say the best movie though as I think there where some better movies in there, just not many that have close to the same enjoyment level as this one does.

I think the problem is that somewhere along the lines people go the idea that Deadpool was going to be a movie spoofing other super hero movies in the same way that Kickass was a superhero spoof movie. When in reality Deadpool is a super hero movie, it's just a super hero movie that knows it's a super hero movie. Deadpool works, because the scale is sooo much smaller. The world isn't at stake here, really just one person and his need for vengeance.
                  My problem with it was in trying to put Deadpool into the same universe as the X-men. I found it hard to believe that in a world protected by mutants, the activities of Deadpool would by ignored by the authorities (whoever they are). To make that leap of...logic, I had to look at Deadpool as a spoof. I couldn't justify it any other way. So when it came to falling into the superhero mold (and the fact that Wade Wilson started out as an asshole and ended up as an asshole didn't help), I couldn't help but be disappointed. But I agree with your assessment of it being the most entertaining since The Dark Knight.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    My problem with it was in trying to put Deadpool into the same universe as the X-men. I found it hard to believe that in a world protected by mutants, the activities of Deadpool would by ignored by the authorities (whoever they are). To make that leap of...logic, I had to look at Deadpool as a spoof. I couldn't justify it any other way. So when it came to falling into the superhero mold (and the fact that Wade Wilson started out as an asshole and ended up as an asshole didn't help), I couldn't help but be disappointed. But I agree with your assessment of it being the most entertaining since The Dark Knight.
                    I guess I can kind of see that. I guess the way that I see that it fits in, is that in these superhero worlds the bad guys out number the good guys. When there are a lot of bad guys who are the authorities going to care more about, the bad guys basically being terrorists, or the bad guy killing other bad guys. The whole Wade Wilson thing being an asshole the whole time, that's more something you either like or you don't. Wade Wilson / Deadpool is an asshole in the movies and comic books, had they changed it, it would have probably upset as many people as it did when they sowed his mouth shut.

Instagram

Comment

I finally saw Deadpool and I absolutely loved it. It might not be the best superhero movie--that still belongs to The Dark Knight--but it is currently battling out for with Guardians of the Galaxy as the most fun. I agree that there wasn't much of an arc for Wade and I would have liked there to have more of a personality shift from plain "Wade" to costumed "Deadpool", but that's me being nitpicky. There also hasn't been a lot of love for Colossus or Negasonic Teenage Warhead, but I thought both were perfectly fine. And I was happy to see Negasonic Teenage Warhead in a classic yellow New Mutants costume!

The movie also has the best opening and closing credits ever! I might never look at an animated unicorn the same way again...

I had also planned on going to see The Witch this week, but that got pushed off. I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I finally saw Deadpool and I absolutely loved it. It might not be the best superhero movie--that still belongs to The Dark Knight--but it is currently battling out for with Guardians of the Galaxy as the most fun. I agree that there wasn't much of an arc for Wade and I would have liked there to have more of a personality shift from plain "Wade" to costumed "Deadpool", but that's me being nitpicky. There also hasn't been a lot of love for Colossus or Negasonic Teenage Warhead, but I thought both were perfectly fine. And I was happy to see Negasonic Teenage Warhead in a classic yellow New Mutants costume!

The movie also has the best opening and closing credits ever! I might never look at an animated unicorn the same way again...

I had also planned on going to see The Witch this week, but that got pushed off. I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD.
                        I really liked Colossus and Negasonic, my only complaint about them is that the movie probably could have used a bit more of them. As far as Wade's personality I may have liked it a bit more if they toned down his personality before he became Deadpool then ramped it up after the fact.

Instagram

Comment

Saw The VVitch this weekend. Very slow paced, mostly dialogue. Not as good as I was hoping. I thought the actors played their roles well, and the scenery was great (shot just out Algonquin Provincial Park in northeastern Ontario). As it says, it's more of a folktale (a New England one to be exact) than it is a scary horror type movie. Knowing now what I know about it, having seen it, I would say it's a wait until it comes out on PPV or sat/cable movie, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Saw The VVitch this weekend. Very slow paced, mostly dialogue. Not as good as I was hoping. I thought the actors played their roles well, and the scenery was great (shot just out Algonquin Provincial Park in northeastern Ontario). As it says, it's more of a folktale (a New England one to be exact) than it is a scary horror type movie. Knowing now what I know about it, having seen it, I would say it's a wait until it comes out on PPV or sat/cable movie, at least for me.
                            Yea it's not a traditional horror movie, which I think is why it didn't do great, even though it got a lot of critical praise. I think if you went into it expecting a traditional horror movie and what comes with it you would be disappointing. Instead what it is, is a atmospheric horror movie, which is a drastically different experience.

Instagram

Comment

I absolutely loved the Witch. It had everything I love most in horror film.

Comment

Before I saw it I read a post that said it was more like a family drama so I was somewhat prepared for what it is and I enjoyed it. Now I want to watch it again with subtitles so I can better understand the dialogue. Their accents were somewhat difficult for me to understand at times so I didn't get all of it. I can understand why people wouldn't enjoy it if they were expecting something else but I think it was very well made and a great story.

Comment

Working...
                                X