No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Mercy: 4 out of 5 stars. Just a good drama and very interesting look into injustice in the justice system.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Ben, right, I had heard that is a very fine film. I'll bump it up near to top but Like Socky said, so many movies, so little
      time.

I had just started a good-looking flick, A Patch Of Fog and you cannot go wrong with the terrific Stephen Graham. His character in The Irishman plus his earlier film This Is England had made me an instant fan of his work.
      Now remember, I am only 15 minutes into this so it could be a let down. fingers crossed. I will let you guys know.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt02181282/

Imdb:
      A security guard catches a famous writer/television host shoplifting and blackmails him into becoming friends.

Watched a few I'd seen before:
      Rabid (Klevet ). Damned good thriller.
      B+

Now here's one I doubt none of have ever heard of and it is highly original, and a blast to view:
      Public Access ( 1993 ) I'm more like Socky, I like digging around under the radar for good to great than the usual Hollywood fare. BTW, Have you seen Sweet Virginia yet. Sock Monkey ?

Imdb:
      Brewster seems to be an almost too perfect example of idyllic small-town America, with everyone living in peace and harmony. So when newcomer Whiley Pritcher starts up his own local cable TV show with the question "what's wrong with Brewster?", there surely can't be any deep dark secrets in the town that are just waiting to come to the surface - or can there? And when the question becomes "who's wrong with Brewster?" things start getting seriously nasty

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107895...?ref_=tt_ov_pl

After Midnight was terrific. One helluva film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8358220/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

IMDB:
      When his girlfriend suddenly disappears, leaving a cryptic note as her only explanation, Hank's comfortable life and his sanity begin to crack. Then, from the woods surrounding his house, something terrible starts trying to break in.

Glued to my chair on this one, peeing in empty Beck's bottles...I kid ----was Pabst Blue Ribbon cans.
      I really can't urge you good people to check this one out when you are free to do so. Maybe bump a tad higher.
      IMHO I liked it so much I will give it an A-. I real thinking man's film, made up for There Are Monsters

Be back with thought on A Patch Of Fog

Hope everyone is well. Catch you on the rebound !

Comment

Oh shitfire fellas ! I just ran across a spectacular, if I may so give a huge thumbs up for the excellent psychological
        thriller Revolution # 9.
        Just wow-fookin-wow of superbly acted, smart, original and I do think you guys would become immersed in
        the madness settling in, insanity cracking a cold one, slamming shoes on the coffee table then insidiously, symbiotically
        making hell on earth for a nice, seemingly normal shit wired straight, no blue sparks of any sign of smoldering danger kind of man who is in love but when the wheels start listing off the tracks, it is horrific and wildy sad and shockingly tragic.

IMDB:

"A handsome and successful young man's life begins to unravel when he develops an acute sense of paranoia. Things escalate when Jackson is convinced that a tv ad holds sinister messages aimed at him. Is Jackson losing his mind, or are the threats real ?"

Heh, believe it or not I pulled this 2001 film after removing an old hard drive from my first PC, a rockin' Emachine purchased in 1999 in AZ. I pulled the jurassic sliver dino, hooked it up to my new PC and there is was, after some perusing through old MPS, a lot of good bands, remember those unknowns...? right, exactly, when the internet was fun, exciting new frontiers a click away, now it's the antichrist's child filled with ads, spyware, we all knew it was too good to last...
        But there is a devise one can pull data off old hard drives and it's been a blessing, hence me stumbling upon this
        superb, insanity driven midfuck of a trippy, also very sad film;horrifically gut wrenching watching the mental breakdown of a normal man and his poor long suffering wife played by one of my favorite actresses Adrienne Shelly who pulls out an acting performance worthy of any of these upscale bigwigs Oscar fiddly diddlers.
        The word "Jump!" will never feel the same to a viewer of this film after the shattering climax.
        A

Oy ! Socky did I dream this or did Parasite win Best Picture...or did I already ask that. Very sorry about my memory lapses and thanks to all got putting up with them. You're the best. I love you more than my wife.

Layta gang and, please do not forget After Midnight.

Comment

Oh hey, gang. Saw a few films, some worthy of note. I will return. Thanks.

I will get to them but was wondering, looking your way Sock Monkey, as I know these types of low budget, crime/noir films ( Sweet Virginia, American Dreamer ), from worth a look but...to good to great to do not miss this mutha grabba.

So I spotted one, a french film called A Bluebird In My Heart that looks like, sure, a The Professional redux but really, what is wrong with that ? I loved the latter films, thought it was a blast.
          Just curious if you've seen or heard of it. I'll probably be watching it when my internal early bird movie watch special
          goes off when set around, oh, say, 4:30 AM.
          Keep you posted.
          BTW, was going to watch the astonishing Korean film Mother again. Have you seen it ?

And did you happen to locate The Treatment yet ? I was looking forward to asking you a nagging question about the very beginning of the film, hear you thoughts or if any else has seen it ? Based of Mo Hayder's novel ?
          Please chime in. Thank you !
          Yes, warning on this brutal film if you have children. Please use your own good judgement on this one. I have warned before but I really mean it on the particular movie. Ok ?
          Thanks.

HA ! My mom watched Parasite two nights ago and fookin' loved it ! She's always had damned good taste for a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...of 84...

She asked for more really really great Korean films so I said...no...
          Kidding. She'll be busy for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by tyree View Post
            Oh hey, gang. Saw a few films, some worthy of note. I will return. Thanks.

I will get to them but was wondering, looking your way Sock Monkey, as I know these types of low budget, crime/noir films ( Sweet Virginia, American Dreamer ), from worth a look but...to good to great to do not miss this mutha grabba.

So I spotted one, a french film called A Bluebird In My Heart that looks like, sure, a The Professional redux but really, what is wrong with that ? I loved the latter films, thought it was a blast.
            Just curious if you've seen or heard of it. I'll probably be watching it when my internal early bird movie watch special
            goes off when set around, oh, say, 4:30 AM.
            Keep you posted.
            BTW, was going to watch the astonishing Korean film Mother again. Have you seen it ?

And did you happen to locate The Treatment yet ? I was looking forward to asking you a nagging question about the very beginning of the film, hear you thoughts or if any else has seen it ? Based of Mo Hayder's novel ?
            Please chime in. Thank you !
            Yes, warning on this brutal film if you have children. Please use your own good judgement on this one. I have warned before but I really mean it on the particular movie. Ok ?
            Thanks.

HA ! My mom watched Parasite two nights ago and fookin' loved it ! She's always had damned good taste for a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...of 84...

She asked for more really really great Korean films so I said...no...
            Kidding. She'll be busy for a while.
            Like WAY too many movies lately, A Bluebird in My Heart is waiting in the ever-expanding queue. I've heard good-to-middling things about it, but it looks to sit right of revenge films that I like. I will get around to it eventually. Same with The Treatment. I've been wanting to get to this one...

Yes, I saw Mother when it first came out on DVD and while I remember liking it. I've been meaning to revisit it since when I first watched it years ago I wasn't aware of Bong Joon-Ho as a director. Now that I'm more familiar with his filmography, I'd like to revisit it.

Comment

...Bluebird... was very good. Not a thing like The Professional. Recommended as a
              B+

But oh man, you guys, especially you, Socky as you enjoy great indy, small town noir crime films so
              Blood On Her Name, 2020, dude, please, I know I've been hammering you and the rest here with films, sorry, I get carried away, but pu-LEASE ! try and bump this to the top.

It is fantastic.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10085338/

"A woman's panicked decision to cover up an accidental killing spins out of control when her conscience demands she return the dead man's body to his family."

Really is a gem of a film with a perfect cast. Pope is a director to keep an eye on.

I was unaware Bong helmed Mother. *hangs head in shame*
              Still destroyed me at the end. Again. One of my favorite films.

Disappearance at Clifton Hill (2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5919756/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Wow. What a fun, twisty ride !

(And yes, I do view crappy movies, guys, I just felt they were not worth mentioning then thought, no dumb fooka, you need to let the guys know films to stay away from like, oh say Blueberry. Worst western I have ever seen, worst film I have seen in a long time. Simply terrible.)

But holy crap, ...Clifton Hilll... the very last minute of this mutha will shock and surprise the poop out of you. Did NOT see it coming and we are t-boned by a fully loaded semi. doing 70. You guys hear my jaw drop when it landed on my keyboard ?
              Yes, sorry to say, I'd recommend, yet again, another movie bump for ..Hill fellas. I know, I suck.

Lemme see what else I've watched. Be back shortly.

Comment

Do mini series count. I'm new to the CD boards.

Just finished Locke & Key.

I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

Mulleins
                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post

I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

Mulleins
                  Great to see you here, Ralph! I'd say it counts. I thought it got better as it went along. I wasn't really feeling it in the beginning episodes.

Comment

Hi, Mr. Mulleins. Glad to see you over here. Really have missed your "From the Closet" stories from the past.

Mulleins

Comment

Mulleins
                      I am hoping to get back to watching this one soon. Thanks for providing your views.

Comment

Technically I watched a DVD - Strangers On A Train (the Preview Version). This version has an alternate ending than the Final Release Version seen in theaters. The Preview Version was excellent too.

Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

So they have produced a remake of the film? I enjoyed the original.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          Technically I watched a DVD - Strangers On A Train (the Preview Version). This version has an alternate ending than the Final Release Version seen in theaters. The Preview Version was excellent too.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            So they have produced a remake of the film? I enjoyed the original.
                            No, it's not a remake. The Preview Version of Strangers On A Train was discovered in 1991. It just has an alternate ending. Cap

Comment

Cool. I need to check out my copy and see if that is what I have. Maybe I don't remember.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                              No, it's not a remake. The Preview Version of Strangers On A Train was discovered in 1991. It just has an alternate ending. Cap

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Cool. I need to check out my copy and see if that is what I have. Maybe I don't remember.
                                I am sending you a pm. ~Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X