Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 2,301 to 2,305 of 2305

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Back again to tell you guys about a few rippin good flicks.

Socky, and I quote, said:
    There are some movies that are such a pure delight that it's like a sunshine being cast down to bring joy to the world.

Well I stumbled upon Survive Style 5+ ,those crazy Japanese holy crap what a ray of frantic wonder, humor, gore, joy, and sorrow. I don't see how they did it. Starts out with a hit man hired to kill a man's wife yet....she won't stay dead;she keeps coming back !She even cooked him an enormous breakfast, 20 eggs, talking, roast, ribs, salads, massive bowl of shrimp fried rice talking Vegas Buffet, the stunned hit man finishes in a flurry of speed eating, lights a cigs, reached for his coffee cup which not-so-dead gal takes, lovingly, puts five teaspoons of sugar in it, stirs slowly, he downs it, kicks back, sees her on the table where she kicks his chin so hard he went flying 20 feet, then she beats the fuck out of him--he kills, buries, she comes back and meanwhile we got three punks robbing houses in a VW van, an arrogant hypnotist who's live shows are a riot of wonky japanese humor---he pulls his chest hair out and flings it to the screaming crowd.
    So he picks an average working man out of the audience with loving wife, son, teenage daughter. Hypno's into the guy thinking he's a bird. It worked....then comes, on stage in front of bout a thousand people in for the show, Vinnie-fucking -Jones who was hired by the hypnotist's girl fuck toy who thinks up commercials ( and WHAT commercials they are !). He made fun of her so she hired Vinnie and had him killed. On stage. But the poor fuck still think he's a bird....Meanwhile we're on our 5...6? try for this hitman to kill this woman ( who is so so smokin' hot) but she will. Not. Die. Can you guess why?

I highly recommend this film. It is so much fun and all people in the movie are connected in some way. Good movie to watch twice. Plus it is hysterical, like a roller coaster ride of mega twists and deep drops.

But yes, please remember, this is a japanese film and you may go How idiotic ! Dammit Tyree ! I want my time back and my money !

2018. How did The Perfection slip past me. Huh ? Just wow. What a film. I urge slipping a tad of Vodka in your kids Cherry Coke and watch this amazing movie.

Last: Eli Took me where I least expected it to. Very high rating from me. All of them deserve A-ish marks.
    Last edited by tyree; 01-02-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Tyree, glad you liked One Cut of the Dead!

Survive Style 5+ sounds bonkers. I’m putting it on my list to track down. I also enjoyed The Perfection, but it took awhile for it to simmer in my brain for me to really like it. It helps once you realize the Director was trying to make a movie in the vein of a South Korean revenge flick akin to Oldboy.

How did Hounds of Love turn out. Recently picked it up on Blu-ray but haven’t had a chance to sit down with it.

Oh right. Hounds of Love Shit. Sorry man, I forgot to finish it. Now I can't even remember fuck all about it. Really sorry-I am a worthless idiot when I have to take a benzoid, Sockster. Where's my wallet...

But ! You have got to see Crown Vic. It ain't no Training Day but it is a great cop flick, man. Plus, Crown Vic's, one of the best cars Ford made, deputies love em...
    Paraphrasing the seasoned, cynical cop: People sleep safe and snug in their beds because they know there are men like us out here doing violence on they're behalf...and they hate us for it.
    Great great line.
    Highly recommended. Better than Evenhand...
    Last edited by tyree; 01-01-2020 at 07:26 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Oh Sock Monkey, I meant to tell you, you know your shit. Yea, The Perfection looked nearly identical
    in my humble opinion, to a Miike film. I know he didn't direct Old Boy but it has an asian feel to it.

Watched a slow, slow burn of a movie that by the end you are nearly bonkers as much as the actress Tianna Nori who killed it in The Sublet. Now there is really nothing new. However, the camera work and directing will have you claustrophobic, feeling you missed something and it bothers you, and the stairs looks like a MC Escher nightmare. Plus, like I said, Nori is amazing. Some will find this boring. I didn't. You pretty much know how this film will end but all the same it is shocking and tragic because you really feel for Nori's character who drinks a ton of coffee but the sugar was left there when they arrived. I'm going STOP USING THAT SUGAR, GIRL !
    There is also a mindfuck of a scene where two cops barge in saying they need to question here about a missing person case. She goes who's missing. They say her name. She loses it, yelling at the cops I'm right HERE ! then one cops says your family claims they haven't heard from you in a month. She says I called me sister yesterday...
    ...but did she ? She also has a year old baby who is vital to the film, also her fiance is an asshole actor.
    Furniture gets moved back to where it was after she moved it the way she wanted it, she scratched the floor, then ran to her crying baby hitting a chair with her leg which left a cut. This reminded me of Burnt Offerings a bit as the place seems alive, toss in Rosemary's Baby maybe...
    B+
    Last edited by tyree; 01-02-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyree View Post
    Oh Sock Monkey, I meant to tell you, you know your shit. Yea, The Perfection looked nearly identical
    in my humble opinion, to a Miike film. I know he didn't direct Old Boy but it has an asian feel to it.
    As far as director inspiration, Miike hits the nail on the head. The levels of violence in The Perfection definitely owe a nod of the cap to Mr. Miike. Speaking of Miike, I need to track down his newest, First Love. I've heard good things.