Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I hadn't heard of RED ROCK WEST until recently. I think it was on an episode of the Pure Cinema Podcast where they mentioned it and another 90s movie, LONE STAR. Lo and behold, when I searched them online, VS and Criterion have recently put out the movies. The problem is, the movies from these boutique labels are always fairly pricey. I typically only pick up my Criterion discs when they have a 50% Off sale. VS is just usually when I can swing the price. It's hard on the budget doing limited edition books AND boutique label blu-rays!
    Yeah, I usually wait for the Criterion or VS sales as well unless it is truly a must-have. My book spending prevents me from truly going all-in. Maybe one-day...

Comment

A FEW GOOD MEN: I watched this a little while back, but I don't think I ever posted about it. This Rob Reiner-directed film has long been a favorite, but I was hesitant to watch it again afraid that it wouldn't hold up. And I actually think it holds up pretty darn well. I'm sure that most on the forum are aware of the film, so I won't really go into details. I will say, though, for the physical media fans, I picked up the new 25th Anniversary 4K edition and this is worth every cent of the purchase. The remastering on the film is simply stunning. To the point that my wife had me pause the film so as to compliment how the movie looks like a film made in 2024. I know that they are releasing a new 4K edition with UHD, but I'm hard-pressed to think that it's gonna be another more than a marginal improvement over this one. So if you were on the fence about picking this up, I highly recommend you do.
      This is one of those movie that I never think about until I happen to be flipping through channels, see that it's on, and get completely sucked into it. Very watchable with a fantastic cast!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

This is one of those movie that I never think about until I happen to be flipping through channels, see that it's on, and get completely sucked into it. Very watchable with a fantastic cast!
        Absolutely. I think it popped up on a website somewhere and that's what piqued my interest in seeing it yet again. Before that, it kinda faded into memory. The cast is great and I really miss Kevin Pollak. He was everywhere in the 90s. Luckily, he was in recently in THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL so I could get my fix.

As far as getting sucked into movies while flipping channels, I had this same thing with THE SHAWKSHANK REDEMPTION. It was like I'd go into a hypnotic trance if I stumbled upon the movie and I would be compelled to watch it again.

Comment

Same with Shawshank. I am a slave to the television whenever it comes on.

Absolutely. I think it popped up on a website somewhere and that's what piqued my interest in seeing it yet again. Before that, it kinda faded into memory. The cast is great and I really miss Kevin Pollak. He was everywhere in the 90s. Luckily, he was in recently in THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL so I could get my fix.

As far as getting sucked into movies while flipping channels, I had this same thing with THE SHAWKSHANK REDEMPTION. It was like I'd go into a hypnotic trance if I stumbled upon the movie and I would be compelled to watch it again.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I watched the adaptation of Norman Partridge's DARK HARVEST the other night, which absolutely stunk. The creature effects were very good, but the acting...wow. The guy who played the cop reminded me of Lyle Waggoner doing a Carol Burnett sketch where he played Rod Steiger in IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT. (As far as I know, this never happened, but somehow that is exactly what this guy's ridiculous fake accent and hammy delivery immediately brought to mind.) Thank God I didn't pay to see this.

On a happier note, I watched THANKSGIVING last night, and absolutely loved it. Some great kills and gore effects, some good laughs....I'm NOT a slasher film fan, but I really enjoyed this, and wouldn't mind a sequel.
            Last edited by dannyboy121070; 03-12-2024, 12:32 PM.
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cool about Thanksgiving. I've been waiting for a free night that I can watch that one.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
               I watched the adaptation of Norman Partridge's DARK HARVEST the other night, which absolutely stunk. The creature effects were very good, but the acting...wow. The guy who played the cop reminded me of Lyle Waggoner doing a Carol Burnett sketch where he played Rod Steiger in IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT. (As far as I know, this never happened, but somehow that is exactly what this guy's ridiculous fake accent and hammy delivery immediately brought to mind.) Thank God I didn't pay to see this.

On a happier note, I watched THANKSGIVING last night, and absolutely loved it. Some great kills and gore effects, some good laughs....I'm NOT a slasher film fan, but I really enjoyed this, and wouldn't mind a sequel.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                Â I watched the adaptation of Norman Partridge's DARK HARVEST the other night, which absolutely stunk. The creature effects were very good, but the acting...wow. The guy who played the cop reminded me of Lyle Waggoner doing a Carol Burnett sketch where he played Rod Steiger in IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT. (As far as I know, this never happened, but somehow that is exactly what this guy's ridiculous fake accent and hammy delivery immediately brought to mind.) Thank God I didn't pay to see this.

Â On a happier note, I watched THANKSGIVING last night, and absolutely loved it. Some great kills and gore effects, some good laughs....I'm NOT a slasher film fan, but I really enjoyed this, and wouldn't mind a sequel.
                That's a bummer about DARK HARVEST. I really enjoyed the book and thought that a movie adaptation could be a cinch, but it seems to not have gone in that direction. I'll still need to check it out, but I'll have my expectations firmly in check.

Comment

The last movie I watched was "Inception," and I'd give it a solid 9/10.

Comment

Working...
                  X