Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 2,321 to 2,326 of 2326

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote from Sock Monkey regarding The Lighthouse :

"...and lets both Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe let loose with two fantastic performances."

Oh man, you are spot on, Socky. I enjoyed this emotionally brutal film quite a bit. Both actors just ripped up the screen. The ending was something else, wasn't it ?
    B+

BTW, I thought Gemini Man was a lot of fun. Appreciate the heads up. I like Will Smith, just cannot help liking him. His early film where he manipulates an entire dinner party really let folks know Smith can act with the big boys with a great script and tight directing. He stole the film.
    Six Degrees of Separation (1993).

Socky, I missed Lucky McKee's Kindred Spirits, flew by me so I am checking that one out tonight.
    Also, started watching a little indy crime drama called Cruel Hearts early this morning, got only around ten minutes in but had to take off. Have you heard of it ?
    So far this looks like it could, possibly, hopefully, maybe, be a thriller up there with the rare, great ones (Good Times, Blue Ruin, Green Room...
    ...but, 'natch, settling down my expectations until I finish. Fingers crossed.
    Also,will finish that up tonight, get back with my thoughts.

One last thing: Have you seen We Go On from the team that gave us YELLOWBRICK ROAD ? If not I highly recommend checking it out. Wonderful supernatural delight with a gut punch ending. Oh, and don't forget Dawning.

Catch ya later !

Cruel Hearts, despite an above average script, did not come close to being a classic but it still was an entertaining film. Not too shabby. About a hitman who uses looks, info, charm, and psychological ability to locate then open soft underbellies of victims with sneaky placed items or two then watch as the prey eats itself, with anger, worry, suspicions to take the job into their own hands. He stays clean, as much out of the picture as possible sorta plastic wrapped from bloody blowback due to inevitable violence he has set in motion...
    ...however, things do not always go as planned, do they.
    Hitman's relationship with a relatively attractive, older, duck-footed waitress working in an middle of the night empty diner, played wonderfully by whoknowswho, is fun. He impressed this terrific, hard-working gal to no end with just a few choice words whispered to her fat sponge of an ex husband sitting on a stool, giving her shit and wanting money...again...
    Great scene.
    B-

Oh hey, been meaning to ask if anyone has seen or heard of After Midnight, paraphrasing off trailer, From the (?) who brought us Spring, The Endless and Battery which I understand
    is Jeremy Gardner. However, I had only knew is name as the drunk buddy in Spring, starred/directed Battery, Tex Montana......
    I dug Battery a lot, one of my favorite undead flicks. I mean, to make the last 40 minutes or so filmed in the back of an SUV with two guys and a hungry horde just outside making it fun, sad, one of the best buddy films I have seen totally entertaining for this viewer ? Not an easy task but Gardner & company pulls it off. Don't see need to mention the greatness that is Spring and The Endless. Least, my humble opinion of the
    work. Plus making early films ( Tex Montana Will Survive ! ) with budgets around the size of my gas bill...?

Back to it. Just curious if anyone has seen the 2019 movie After Midnight . I'll be ordering it tonight.

Oh, any Zack Parker fans out there, a film called Inversion, according to IMDB is, or was, in post. I have yet to see nothing but good damned films from Parker, seems like a nice chap, he sold me an early copy of the brilliant
    Scalene, loved Quench and found Proxy to be wonderful which I hear a lot of viewers did not care for and I can see them having issues with a couple questionable continuity head scratchers...

Thanks for listening and I will get back on Tex... plus After Midnight
    which looks terrific...

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    AFTER MIDNIGHT played at Fantastic Fest last year to some pretty good reviews. Unfortunately, I missed out and saw VFW instead. I thought THE BATTERY was one heck of a film so I’m looking forward to this one. Let me know your thoughts. I’m curious to see if it lives up to the hype.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyree View Post
    Quote from Sock Monkey regarding The Lighthouse :

"...and lets both Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe let loose with two fantastic performances."

Oh man, you are spot on, Socky. I enjoyed this emotionally brutal film quite a bit. Both actors just ripped up the screen. The ending was something else, wasn't it ?
    B+

BTW, I thought Gemini Man was a lot of fun. Appreciate the heads up. I like Will Smith, just cannot help liking him. His early film where he manipulates an entire dinner party really let folks know Smith can act with the big boys with a great script and tight directing. He stole the film.
    Six Degrees of Separation (1993).

Socky, I missed Lucky McKee's Kindred Spirits, flew by me so I am checking that one out tonight.
    Also, started watching a little indy crime drama called Cruel Hearts early this morning, got only around ten minutes in but had to take off. Have you heard of it ?
    So far this looks like it could, possibly, hopefully, maybe, be a thriller up there with the rare, great ones (Good Times, Blue Ruin, Green Room...
    ...but, 'natch, settling down my expectations until I finish. Fingers crossed.
    Also,will finish that up tonight, get back with my thoughts.

One last thing: Have you seen We Go On from the team that gave us YELLOWBRICK ROAD ? If not I highly recommend checking it out. Wonderful supernatural delight with a gut punch ending. Oh, and don't forget Dawning.

Catch ya later !
    I haven’t seen WE GO ON yet, but it’s in my queue on Shudder. I remember liking YELLOWBRICKROAD quite a bit, so I’ll bump this one up on the list. I’ll keep an eye on THE DAWNING too. So many movies, so little time.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Just Mercy: 4 out of 5 stars. Just a good drama and very interesting look into injustice in the justice system.