Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 2,321 to 2,335 of 2335

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

  1. #2321
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote from Sock Monkey regarding The Lighthouse :

    "...and lets both Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe let loose with two fantastic performances."

    Oh man, you are spot on, Socky. I enjoyed this emotionally brutal film quite a bit. Both actors just ripped up the screen. The ending was something else, wasn't it ?
    B+

    BTW, I thought Gemini Man was a lot of fun. Appreciate the heads up. I like Will Smith, just cannot help liking him. His early film where he manipulates an entire dinner party really let folks know Smith can act with the big boys with a great script and tight directing. He stole the film.
    Six Degrees of Separation (1993).

    Socky, I missed Lucky McKee's Kindred Spirits, flew by me so I am checking that one out tonight.
    Also, started watching a little indy crime drama called Cruel Hearts early this morning, got only around ten minutes in but had to take off. Have you heard of it ?
    So far this looks like it could, possibly, hopefully, maybe, be a thriller up there with the rare, great ones (Good Times, Blue Ruin, Green Room...
    ...but, 'natch, settling down my expectations until I finish. Fingers crossed.
    Also,will finish that up tonight, get back with my thoughts.

    One last thing: Have you seen We Go On from the team that gave us YELLOWBRICK ROAD ? If not I highly recommend checking it out. Wonderful supernatural delight with a gut punch ending. Oh, and don't forget Dawning.

    Catch ya later !

  2. #2322
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Cruel Hearts, despite an above average script, did not come close to being a classic but it still was an entertaining film. Not too shabby. About a hitman who uses looks, info, charm, and psychological ability to locate then open soft underbellies of victims with sneaky placed items or two then watch as the prey eats itself, with anger, worry, suspicions to take the job into their own hands. He stays clean, as much out of the picture as possible sorta plastic wrapped from bloody blowback due to inevitable violence he has set in motion...
    ...however, things do not always go as planned, do they.
    Hitman's relationship with a relatively attractive, older, duck-footed waitress working in an middle of the night empty diner, played wonderfully by whoknowswho, is fun. He impressed this terrific, hard-working gal to no end with just a few choice words whispered to her fat sponge of an ex husband sitting on a stool, giving her shit and wanting money...again...
    Great scene.
    B-

  3. #2323
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Oh hey, been meaning to ask if anyone has seen or heard of After Midnight, paraphrasing off trailer, From the (?) who brought us Spring, The Endless and Battery which I understand
    is Jeremy Gardner. However, I had only knew is name as the drunk buddy in Spring, starred/directed Battery, Tex Montana......
    I dug Battery a lot, one of my favorite undead flicks. I mean, to make the last 40 minutes or so filmed in the back of an SUV with two guys and a hungry horde just outside making it fun, sad, one of the best buddy films I have seen totally entertaining for this viewer ? Not an easy task but Gardner & company pulls it off. Don't see need to mention the greatness that is Spring and The Endless. Least, my humble opinion of the
    work. Plus making early films ( Tex Montana Will Survive ! ) with budgets around the size of my gas bill...?

    Back to it. Just curious if anyone has seen the 2019 movie After Midnight . I'll be ordering it tonight.

    Oh, any Zack Parker fans out there, a film called Inversion, according to IMDB is, or was, in post. I have yet to see nothing but good damned films from Parker, seems like a nice chap, he sold me an early copy of the brilliant
    Scalene, loved Quench and found Proxy to be wonderful which I hear a lot of viewers did not care for and I can see them having issues with a couple questionable continuity head scratchers...

    Thanks for listening and I will get back on Tex... plus After Midnight
    which looks terrific...

  4. #2324
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    14
    AFTER MIDNIGHT played at Fantastic Fest last year to some pretty good reviews. Unfortunately, I missed out and saw VFW instead. I thought THE BATTERY was one heck of a film so I’m looking forward to this one. Let me know your thoughts. I’m curious to see if it lives up to the hype.

  5. #2325
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by tyree View Post
    Quote from Sock Monkey regarding The Lighthouse :

    "...and lets both Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe let loose with two fantastic performances."

    Oh man, you are spot on, Socky. I enjoyed this emotionally brutal film quite a bit. Both actors just ripped up the screen. The ending was something else, wasn't it ?
    B+

    BTW, I thought Gemini Man was a lot of fun. Appreciate the heads up. I like Will Smith, just cannot help liking him. His early film where he manipulates an entire dinner party really let folks know Smith can act with the big boys with a great script and tight directing. He stole the film.
    Six Degrees of Separation (1993).

    Socky, I missed Lucky McKee's Kindred Spirits, flew by me so I am checking that one out tonight.
    Also, started watching a little indy crime drama called Cruel Hearts early this morning, got only around ten minutes in but had to take off. Have you heard of it ?
    So far this looks like it could, possibly, hopefully, maybe, be a thriller up there with the rare, great ones (Good Times, Blue Ruin, Green Room...
    ...but, 'natch, settling down my expectations until I finish. Fingers crossed.
    Also,will finish that up tonight, get back with my thoughts.

    One last thing: Have you seen We Go On from the team that gave us YELLOWBRICK ROAD ? If not I highly recommend checking it out. Wonderful supernatural delight with a gut punch ending. Oh, and don't forget Dawning.

    Catch ya later !
    I haven’t seen WE GO ON yet, but it’s in my queue on Shudder. I remember liking YELLOWBRICKROAD quite a bit, so I’ll bump this one up on the list. I’ll keep an eye on THE DAWNING too. So many movies, so little time.

  6. #2326
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,759
    Rep Power
    14
    Just Mercy: 4 out of 5 stars. Just a good drama and very interesting look into injustice in the justice system.

  7. #2327
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Ben, right, I had heard that is a very fine film. I'll bump it up near to top but Like Socky said, so many movies, so little
    time.

    I had just started a good-looking flick, A Patch Of Fog and you cannot go wrong with the terrific Stephen Graham. His character in The Irishman plus his earlier film This Is England had made me an instant fan of his work.
    Now remember, I am only 15 minutes into this so it could be a let down. fingers crossed. I will let you guys know.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt02181282/

    Imdb:
    A security guard catches a famous writer/television host shoplifting and blackmails him into becoming friends.

    Watched a few I'd seen before:
    Rabid (Klevet ). Damned good thriller.
    B+

    Now here's one I doubt none of have ever heard of and it is highly original, and a blast to view:
    Public Access ( 1993 ) I'm more like Socky, I like digging around under the radar for good to great than the usual Hollywood fare. BTW, Have you seen Sweet Virginia yet. Sock Monkey ?

    Imdb:
    Brewster seems to be an almost too perfect example of idyllic small-town America, with everyone living in peace and harmony. So when newcomer Whiley Pritcher starts up his own local cable TV show with the question "what's wrong with Brewster?", there surely can't be any deep dark secrets in the town that are just waiting to come to the surface - or can there? And when the question becomes "who's wrong with Brewster?" things start getting seriously nasty

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107895...?ref_=tt_ov_pl

    After Midnight was terrific. One helluva film.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8358220/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

    IMDB:
    When his girlfriend suddenly disappears, leaving a cryptic note as her only explanation, Hank's comfortable life and his sanity begin to crack. Then, from the woods surrounding his house, something terrible starts trying to break in.

    Glued to my chair on this one, peeing in empty Beck's bottles...I kid ----was Pabst Blue Ribbon cans.
    I really can't urge you good people to check this one out when you are free to do so. Maybe bump a tad higher.
    IMHO I liked it so much I will give it an A-. I real thinking man's film, made up for There Are Monsters

    Be back with thought on A Patch Of Fog

    Hope everyone is well. Catch you on the rebound !

  8. #2328
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Oh shitfire fellas ! I just ran across a spectacular, if I may so give a huge thumbs up for the excellent psychological
    thriller Revolution # 9.
    Just wow-fookin-wow of superbly acted, smart, original and I do think you guys would become immersed in
    the madness settling in, insanity cracking a cold one, slamming shoes on the coffee table then insidiously, symbiotically
    making hell on earth for a nice, seemingly normal shit wired straight, no blue sparks of any sign of smoldering danger kind of man who is in love but when the wheels start listing off the tracks, it is horrific and wildy sad and shockingly tragic.


    IMDB:

    "A handsome and successful young man's life begins to unravel when he develops an acute sense of paranoia. Things escalate when Jackson is convinced that a tv ad holds sinister messages aimed at him. Is Jackson losing his mind, or are the threats real ?"

    Heh, believe it or not I pulled this 2001 film after removing an old hard drive from my first PC, a rockin' Emachine purchased in 1999 in AZ. I pulled the jurassic sliver dino, hooked it up to my new PC and there is was, after some perusing through old MPS, a lot of good bands, remember those unknowns...? right, exactly, when the internet was fun, exciting new frontiers a click away, now it's the antichrist's child filled with ads, spyware, we all knew it was too good to last...
    But there is a devise one can pull data off old hard drives and it's been a blessing, hence me stumbling upon this
    superb, insanity driven midfuck of a trippy, also very sad film;horrifically gut wrenching watching the mental breakdown of a normal man and his poor long suffering wife played by one of my favorite actresses Adrienne Shelly who pulls out an acting performance worthy of any of these upscale bigwigs Oscar fiddly diddlers.
    The word "Jump!" will never feel the same to a viewer of this film after the shattering climax.
    A

    Oy ! Socky did I dream this or did Parasite win Best Picture...or did I already ask that. Very sorry about my memory lapses and thanks to all got putting up with them. You're the best. I love you more than my wife.

    Layta gang and, please do not forget After Midnight.

  9. #2329
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    Oh hey, gang. Saw a few films, some worthy of note. I will return. Thanks.

    I will get to them but was wondering, looking your way Sock Monkey, as I know these types of low budget, crime/noir films ( Sweet Virginia, American Dreamer ), from worth a look but...to good to great to do not miss this mutha grabba.

    So I spotted one, a french film called A Bluebird In My Heart that looks like, sure, a The Professional redux but really, what is wrong with that ? I loved the latter films, thought it was a blast.
    Just curious if you've seen or heard of it. I'll probably be watching it when my internal early bird movie watch special
    goes off when set around, oh, say, 4:30 AM.
    Keep you posted.
    BTW, was going to watch the astonishing Korean film Mother again. Have you seen it ?

    And did you happen to locate The Treatment yet ? I was looking forward to asking you a nagging question about the very beginning of the film, hear you thoughts or if any else has seen it ? Based of Mo Hayder's novel ?
    Please chime in. Thank you !
    Yes, warning on this brutal film if you have children. Please use your own good judgement on this one. I have warned before but I really mean it on the particular movie. Ok ?
    Thanks.

    HA ! My mom watched Parasite two nights ago and fookin' loved it ! She's always had damned good taste for a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...of 84...

    She asked for more really really great Korean films so I said...no...
    Kidding. She'll be busy for a while.

  10. #2330
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by tyree View Post
    Oh hey, gang. Saw a few films, some worthy of note. I will return. Thanks.

    I will get to them but was wondering, looking your way Sock Monkey, as I know these types of low budget, crime/noir films ( Sweet Virginia, American Dreamer ), from worth a look but...to good to great to do not miss this mutha grabba.

    So I spotted one, a french film called A Bluebird In My Heart that looks like, sure, a The Professional redux but really, what is wrong with that ? I loved the latter films, thought it was a blast.
    Just curious if you've seen or heard of it. I'll probably be watching it when my internal early bird movie watch special
    goes off when set around, oh, say, 4:30 AM.
    Keep you posted.
    BTW, was going to watch the astonishing Korean film Mother again. Have you seen it ?

    And did you happen to locate The Treatment yet ? I was looking forward to asking you a nagging question about the very beginning of the film, hear you thoughts or if any else has seen it ? Based of Mo Hayder's novel ?
    Please chime in. Thank you !
    Yes, warning on this brutal film if you have children. Please use your own good judgement on this one. I have warned before but I really mean it on the particular movie. Ok ?
    Thanks.

    HA ! My mom watched Parasite two nights ago and fookin' loved it ! She's always had damned good taste for a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...of 84...

    She asked for more really really great Korean films so I said...no...
    Kidding. She'll be busy for a while.
    Like WAY too many movies lately, A Bluebird in My Heart is waiting in the ever-expanding queue. I've heard good-to-middling things about it, but it looks to sit right of revenge films that I like. I will get around to it eventually. Same with The Treatment. I've been wanting to get to this one...

    Yes, I saw Mother when it first came out on DVD and while I remember liking it. I've been meaning to revisit it since when I first watched it years ago I wasn't aware of Bong Joon-Ho as a director. Now that I'm more familiar with his filmography, I'd like to revisit it.

  11. #2331
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9
    ...Bluebird... was very good. Not a thing like The Professional. Recommended as a
    B+

    But oh man, you guys, especially you, Socky as you enjoy great indy, small town noir crime films so
    Blood On Her Name, 2020, dude, please, I know I've been hammering you and the rest here with films, sorry, I get carried away, but pu-LEASE ! try and bump this to the top.


    It is fantastic.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10085338/

    "A woman's panicked decision to cover up an accidental killing spins out of control when her conscience demands she return the dead man's body to his family."

    Really is a gem of a film with a perfect cast. Pope is a director to keep an eye on.

    I was unaware Bong helmed Mother. *hangs head in shame*
    Still destroyed me at the end. Again. One of my favorite films.

    Disappearance at Clifton Hill (2019)

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5919756/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

    Wow. What a fun, twisty ride !

    (And yes, I do view crappy movies, guys, I just felt they were not worth mentioning then thought, no dumb fooka, you need to let the guys know films to stay away from like, oh say Blueberry. Worst western I have ever seen, worst film I have seen in a long time. Simply terrible.)

    But holy crap, ...Clifton Hilll... the very last minute of this mutha will shock and surprise the poop out of you. Did NOT see it coming and we are t-boned by a fully loaded semi. doing 70. You guys hear my jaw drop when it landed on my keyboard ?
    Yes, sorry to say, I'd recommend, yet again, another movie bump for ..Hill fellas. I know, I suck.

    Lemme see what else I've watched. Be back shortly.

  12. #2332
    Junior Member Visitor mulleins's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Do mini series count. I'm new to the CD boards.

    Just finished Locke & Key.

    I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

    Mulleins

  13. #2333
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,887
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Do mini series count. I'm new to the CD boards.

    Just finished Locke & Key.

    I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

    Mulleins
    Great to see you here, Ralph! I'd say it counts. I thought it got better as it went along. I wasn't really feeling it in the beginning episodes.

  14. #2334
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,759
    Rep Power
    14
    Hi, Mr. Mulleins. Glad to see you over here. Really have missed your "From the Closet" stories from the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Do mini series count. I'm new to the CD boards.

    Just finished Locke & Key.

    I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

    Mulleins

  15. #2335
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,426
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Do mini series count. I'm new to the CD boards.

    Just finished Locke & Key.

    I think (so far), the series is exactly spot on. The special effects, well done, and the selected actors match what I remember from the books. I kept doing trivia with myself to see if I could remember what each key did when they found it. The most terrifying key, in my opinion, is the Head Key.

    Mulleins
    I am hoping to get back to watching this one soon. Thanks for providing your views.

Similar Threads

  1. Ghoul the Movie
    By bookworm 1 in forum Brian Keene
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
  2. Eye of the Dragon movie
    By peteOcha in forum Movies / TV
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
  3. Book vs. Movie
    By peteOcha in forum Movies / TV
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
  4. Movie Suggestions?
    By the_last_gunslinger in forum Movies / TV
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 03:42 AM
  5. OK, so no a movie, but.....
    By miki74 in forum Movies / TV
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •