Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazbion View Post
    I watched last season of Ozark and I loved it
    I’ve been hearing this a lot. I watched the first couple of episodes of the first season and couldn’t really get into it. Did this pick up some steam? Maybe I need to give it another shot.

Comment

I waited too long to pull the trigger, and the 30-day free trial of Shudder went back to a 7-day trial....snooze and lose and all that. But I signed up last night and watched their 5-part CURSED FILMS series, which covers THE EXORCIST, THE OMEN, PLOTERGEIST, THE CROW, and TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE. Fascinating, well-done stuff. Not a lot that I didn't already know, but the presentation was excellent. I'm gonna try to squeeze in the first season of CREEPSHOW before the trial period ends.
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
        I waited too long to pull the trigger, and the 30-day free trial of Shudder went back to a 7-day trial....snooze and lose and all that. But I signed up last night and watched their 5-part CURSED FILMS series, which covers THE EXORCIST, THE OMEN, PLOTERGEIST, THE CROW, and TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE. Fascinating, well-done stuff. Not a lot that I didn't already know, but the presentation was excellent. I'm gonna try to squeeze in the first season of CREEPSHOW before the trial period ends.
        I watched Creepshow during a free trial and didn't think it was all that great. Glad I didn't pay to watch it. I believe they are re-airing it on AMC now.

Comment

Finally watched Brightburn the other night and really enjoyed it. Probably what would actually happen should a "superhero" fall to earth.

Comment

In January when I thought I was going to have a lot of down time I signed up for the 30 day trial. Figured I would watch Creepshow and see what else they have to offer. I set it up to renew for a year if I did not cancel. Well life derailed and I renewed for a year having only watched the first two episodes of Creepshow. I was not particularly impressed with those but they matched what I would expect from the brand. I have now watched two more episodes of Creepshow and will eventually watch the full series. As for Shudder, the movies I have watched are generally not that good. The documentaries vary greatly but I really enjoyed Smoke and Mirrors and Horror Noire. Eli Roth's History of Horror and Cursed Films were interesting. I really have not explored as much as I will but am not sure now if I will renew.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              In January when I thought I was going to have a lot of down time I signed up for the 30 day trial. Figured I would watch Creepshow and see what else they have to offer. I set it up to renew for a year if I did not cancel. Well life derailed and I renewed for a year having only watched the first two episodes of Creepshow. I was not particularly impressed with those but they matched what I would expect from the brand. I have now watched two more episodes of Creepshow and will eventually watch the full series. As for Shudder, the movies I have watched are generally not that good. The documentaries vary greatly but I really enjoyed Smoke and Mirrors and Horror Noire. Eli Roth's History of Horror and Cursed Films were interesting. I really have not explored as much as I will but am not sure now if I will renew.
              Yeah, I'll be going into CREEPSHOW with low expectations. My Mother, of all people, has been watching it on AMC and reporting back to me. She is amazed that I haven't seen the show yet. Her verdict is "Not so good, but I've seen worse. You'll like the grossness and monsters." Which actually used to be my criteria for the old TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE show, which generally stunk, but sometimes featured cool creature effects. I'm happy that the weather is finally warming up here in frozen Rochester, New York, so I can watch TV in the sunroom, and not have my wife screeching at me about all of the "fucked-up, horrible shit" that I like to watch. She can have DOWNTON ABBY, give me some monsters!

Speaking of which, Amazon Prime currently has a holy grail film of mine streaming, one which I never thought I'd have a chance to watch: The spaghetti-horror JAWS ripoff THE LAST SHARK. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it in my recommendations....This film was sued out of existence by Universal when it first came out, and has been, as far as I knew, banned from being shown or sold in the States. I have no idea if Universal stopped giving a shit about it, or if Amazon just didn't know any better, but there it is, for all to see. I figured I'd better watch it fast, before someone caught on and removed it. As expected, it was dull, cheap, and horrible, with some truly dodgy effects, but I am always genuinely happy to see practical monster effects (My motto is "Well...at least they tried."), and there were some fun moments to be found amongst the schlock. Can't recommend it, but happy that I finally got to see it for myself.

My wife, upon walking into the sunroom and seeing the shark eat off some guys ass: "There are academy-award winning films at your fingertips. Profound movies that can have a deep impact on you, there at the push of a button. And you watch....this. A rubber shark head biting off an Italian guy's ass. Enjoy."
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I’ve only watched the first couple episodes of CREEPSHOW then tapped out. Not my favorite. I liked the Malerman story, though. I really like Shudder as a whole. Not everything I watch is great, but the same could be said for all streaming platforms and just entertainment in general. Unlike Netflix, they do tend to champion older fare in addition to new indie stuff. Everyone please just watch ONE CUT OF THE DEAD. Stick with it, it’ll put a smile on your face.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be going into CREEPSHOW with low expectations. My Mother, of all people, has been watching it on AMC and reporting back to me. She is amazed that I haven't seen the show yet. Her verdict is "Not so good, but I've seen worse. You'll like the grossness and monsters." Which actually used to be my criteria for the old TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE show, which generally stunk, but sometimes featured cool creature effects. I'm happy that the weather is finally warming up here in frozen Rochester, New York, so I can watch TV in the sunroom, and not have my wife screeching at me about all of the "fucked-up, horrible shit" that I like to watch. She can have DOWNTON ABBY, give me some monsters!

Speaking of which, Amazon Prime currently has a holy grail film of mine streaming, one which I never thought I'd have a chance to watch: The spaghetti-horror JAWS ripoff THE LAST SHARK. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it in my recommendations....This film was sued out of existence by Universal when it first came out, and has been, as far as I knew, banned from being shown or sold in the States. I have no idea if Universal stopped giving a shit about it, or if Amazon just didn't know any better, but there it is, for all to see. I figured I'd better watch it fast, before someone caught on and removed it. As expected, it was dull, cheap, and horrible, with some truly dodgy effects, but I am always genuinely happy to see practical monster effects (My motto is "Well...at least they tried."), and there were some fun moments to be found amongst the schlock. Can't recommend it, but happy that I finally got to see it for myself.

My wife, upon walking into the sunroom and seeing the shark eat off some guys ass: "There are academy-award winning films at your fingertips. Profound movies that can have a deep impact on you, there at the push of a button. And you watch....this. A rubber shark head biting off an Italian guy's ass. Enjoy."
                  Thanks for the heads up on THE LAST SHARK. I’m sure it’s terrible, but so hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I’ve only watched the first couple episodes of CREEPSHOW then tapped out. Not my favorite. I liked the Malerman story, though. I really like Shudder as a whole. Not everything I watch is great, but the same could be said for all streaming platforms and just entertainment in general. Unlike Netflix, they do tend to champion older fare in addition to new indie stuff. Everyone please just watch ONE CUT OF THE DEAD. Stick with it, it’ll put a smile on your face.
                    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that one a try.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that one a try.
                      You got to get through the first 20-30 minutes. Just trust me. This was a huge hit in Japan for a reason. Don’t do any research on the film because it will spoil the fun. I hope you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        You got to get through the first 20-30 minutes. Just trust me. This was a huge hit in Japan for a reason. Don’t do any research on the film because it will spoil the fun. I hope you like it.
                        It had caught my attention before but I went with something else. My research has and will entirely consist of the banner page on Shudder.

Comment

Been wanting to see The Woman by Lucky McKee for along time. Saw that a Blu Ray was being released by Arrow Video with lots of extras so I purchased it. First I will mention Arrow Films. I was not familiar with them but they appear to be a Criterion type of company releasing fully restored films with tons of extras. I am very impressed with this release and will buy more from them. Second the movie. I really enjoyed the movie and feel it represented the story well. Well acted with the proper emotions. I would give it a 4 of 5.

Comment

Been wanting to see The Woman by Lucky McKee for along time. Saw that a Blu Ray was being released by Arrow Video with lots of extras so I purchased it. First I will mention Arrow Films. I was not familiar with them but they appear to be a Criterion type of company releasing fully restored films with tons of extras. I am very impressed with this release and will buy more from them. Second the movie. I really enjoyed the movie and feel it represented the story well. Well acted with the proper emotions. I would give it a 4 of 5.
                            Great purchase. Am a huge fan of Arrow Films and McKee's "The Woman". Just watched Arrow Films version of "Crimes of Passion" last night. Had never seen it prior to this watch. What an insane pic, plus, Kathleen Turner was smoking hot. Would also love for Arrow or Scream Factory to do a version of McKee's "May". Have a region B copy, but, would love to have a region A version with all the bells & whistles as well.

Comment

Just started season1 of "Amazing Stories" on Blu-ray. A real blast from the past and a very cool show. Forgot how many future stars were cast in the episodes and how many fantastic authors were involved in writing the episodes. Am wondering if anyone on the forum has seen the new version of Amazing Stores that was release by Apple TV this year. If so, how does it compare/was it any good?

Comment

Doctor Sleep and The Invisible Man were my latest watches. On my super informative review and scale, both were just meh for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X