Dark Discoveries/ James Beach's mostly CD collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Discoveries/ James Beach's mostly CD collection

Here's some shots of some of my CD books. Had more in the past but had to sell some to keep Dark Discoveries going, etc. (There's a few I sure wish I had back now!). Came pretty close to having most of the titles they put out at one point (and that's a lot!!!)

- James
    Last edited by darkdiscoveries; 07-02-2011, 04:30 AM.

And more:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Love what I see here, James.
            So many books I've never seen before.

sk

Comment

There's enough for now. A few other publisher's books mixed in. Still in the process of organizing better (yes I know books in front of books - that was the way it all was before - 6 bookcases full of double rows!!!)

- James

Comment

Yeah, a big mess of books Frik (LOL)! I sold off the lettered CD's I had and a number of earlier ones sadly when money was needed (sometimes eating and paying the bills can be more important than having stuff sitting around). Now I often read them and if I don't think i'm ever going to read it again then it gets traded or sold. It's a good way to get more new stuff to read though.

Even after reading thousands and thousands of submissions for the magazine I publish, reading hundreds of thousands of books, mags, etc. since I was a kid I never lose my love of reading.

- James
                http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

Very nice, see a few I definitely want. Had been trying to get a copy of Keene's Scratch at a decent price, but it always went past what I could afford or was willing to pay when I tried. Luckily that story will be included in his anthology book coming with Maelstrom set 2
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Sweet collection and thanks for sharing. I'm originally a PA guy so now I need to check out "The number 121 to Pennsylvania" by Kealan Patrick Burke. I never heard of that one before.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Why I do believe I see Ketchum's "The Transformed Mouse" in there. And nothing wrong with double stacking as long as you know or can see what's behind the first row.

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Nice collection! Too bad you had to sell some of your books.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                            Why I do believe I see Ketchum's "The Transformed Mouse" in there. And nothing wrong with double stacking as long as you know or can see what's behind the first row.
                            Yes it is THE TRANSFORMED MOUSE. Good eye! I had two extra copies of the clothbound ones but sold those and kept this leatherbound one. It's a fantastic little book with the little wrap-around mouse tail, japanese rice papers, high quality text paper, signed by Ketchum, Nancy Collins and woodcut artist and book designer George Walker. I guess Biting Dog had some problems with the binders and they ran out of the felt material used on about 100 of them and then bound 75 copies in leather and the last 75 in cloth (only 250 were done). Only the 100 felt ones were actually numbered. We did a feature of the book way back in issue #2 of Dark Discoveries magazine with interviews with Jack Ketchum (Dallas) and artist George Walker and an article on the book.

Space definitely became an issue and as I published more copies of DD and started getting a lot of review copies, books from trades with other publishers, etc. it got out of hand. I work up on my dining room table now because my office became completely full of books, magazines, record albums, etc. Slowly starting to get it more organized after continuing to clear stuff out and organize.

I've got more copies of books by CD, NEP, Delirium, Bloodletting, Arkham, etc. behind other books so i'll probably post a few more interesting things again soon. It's fun to share it with others and I like seeing other people's stuff as well.

- James
                            http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

Working...
                            X