Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Excalibur and was also saddened by that news. And until a rewatch a couple years ago, I hadn't realized that Helen Mirren played Morgan le Fey.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The Godfather
      Wild Things
      To Die For
      Blame it on Rio
      Goodfellows
      Roseanne
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

All 3 Lord of the Rings Movies
        Starship Troopers
        Star Trek The latest one. (Can't wait for the next one)
        The Color Purple
        Dirty Larry Crazy Mary

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
          Just a few (and mostly non-sf/fantasy):

The Green Mile
          Shawshank Redemption
          All of the Harry Potters
          The Blind Side
          The King's Speech
          Driving Miss Daisy

Perhaps the last few indicate my age, but I think they are EXTREMELY good. I find myself more and more dissatisfied with most if not all the recent CGI-type movies. I'm more interested in a good/great story than the special effects, though a good movie can be ruined by lousy CGI.

John
          I agree with all of these! Great movies and The King's Speech was a huge surprise for me. My wife is a speech therapist and she pestered me into wathcing it and surprise, surprise, I loved it.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Sad to say, but some of my endless repeat movies (apart from "Field of Dreams" which I posted ages ago) are:

* Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure;
            * Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey;
            * Rocky Horror Picture Show;
            * Oliver (the 60's musical version);
            * Tommy (The Who's rock opera);

Sigh, confession over, now I'll shuffle back to my corner and hang my head in shame

Comment

You dress up as Frankenfurter at midnight showings od RHPS, don't you Mr. Woot?
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                You dress up as Frankenfurter at midnight showings od RHPS, don't you Mr. Woot?
                Funnily enough, I saw RHPS when it first hit the cinema in 1975 - I was 13 years of age, there were maybe five or six other people in the theater (and this was back in the days when a movie would play in a city cinema for at least a year and be packed to the gills each screening before gradually spreading out to suburban cinemas and eventually to free-to-air two or three years after that). By the end of the screening, there was only one other person in the screening apart from myself - and I haven't been quite the same since. I did, to respond to your query, attend one only screening of a midnight session when RHPS made the revival in the early 1980's (when the Time Warp resurfaced and stayed on the Top 40 for ages) - and, yep, it was a scary experience, and one I'll never repeat again in my life

Comment

When I was in college, the was a company that came in every Friday and Saturday nights and hosted a RHPS night at a local theater. So I must admit that I've been to it multiple times. I have, in my time, been known to cut a mean TIme Warp. As Brad and Riff Raff.

And today, I'm a big...pink...bunny...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My confession: I saw Rocky Horror at many midnight shows in the late 70's. I also own the Soundtrack and the DVD. It is a guilty pleasure.

Comment

I've also been know to enjoy a good production of RHPS.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Brave heart
                        One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
                        Rocky 1
                        To Kill A Mocking Bird
                        Lonely Are The Brave
                        The Green Mile
                        The Magnificent Seven

Comment

I forgot to say The Beguiled. This is my favorite Clint movie.
                          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

With the recent passing of David Kelly I feel the need to watch Waking Ned Devine again.

Comment

Good call, Martin! That is definitely in order; better than Charley and the Chocolate Factory!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Grandpa Joe role does not work for me, he is Michael O'Sullivan.

Comment

Working...
                                X