Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The American Godzilla just was not Godzilla -just some dumb lizard-like creature pretending to be.

sk

Comment

Bring back the rubber suit!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I quite liked the most recent Godzilla film, one i really didn't think much of was 'Cloverfield'.

Comment

How many of you remember the "Ultraman" TV show? Everything Godzilla had, but in small doses and every afternoon.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I loved Ultraman
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              one i really didn't think much of was 'Cloverfield'.
              Uggg shaky cam..... the largest inducer of movie created headaches to date.....
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I've got a whole list of popcorn movies or guilty pleasures or what have you that I could watch over and over again. Stuff like Airplane!; Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels; No Blood, No Tears; The Bride with White Hair; and Raiders of the Lost Ark, and various other action/comedy/fun flicks.

But for the sake of this question I'll focus on movies that moved me, or challenged me in some way. A great example is Mullholland Dr. I could watch that over and over and over and still feel like I'm watching something new. Ditto Pulp Fiction. The first time I watched The Pillow Book (as a rental), I wasn't sure what I had just watched. It kept me up all night thinking about it and the next day I went back to Blockbuster and rented it again to further explore it.

Comrades, Almost a Love Story--have probably watched this more than any other movie.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon--a movie that opened up a whole new world for me.

A Tale of Two Sisters--gothic psychological horror that works on many many levels. This is probably my second favorite movie of all time.

The Mystery of Rampo--beautiful and complex

And I'll throw in Goodfellas, Kill Bill, and Sin City for good measure.

Comment

The entire Ultraman series can be bought on DVD for only $6.49 from Amazon.

I recently finished watching them all again, as it was a staple of my afternoon TV viewing in the '70s....

Hunter

Comment

One movie I haven't seen mentioned here yet (and one seen by very few people I know) that I could watch many times over is Life As A House. Not a comedy, though there are some funny scenes. It actually is a drama, so have to be in the mood for that, but I've never gotten sick of that one.

A few others off the top of my head would be:

Pan's Labyrinth
                    Eurotrip
                    Elf (required watching around Christmas)
                    Rat Race (Still need to replace my damaged copy of this one)
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Rat Race (Still need to replace my damaged copy of this one)
                      I believe Rat Race was the last "Laugh so hard your guts burst" film I've seen. The humor of modern comedies rarely level up to the feeling I got the first time I watched this.
                      "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Two more form my guilty pleasure file:

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie and Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.

There's just not enough time in a decade to watch all these films over and over and over....
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention What About Bob? Absolutely hilarious movie
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                            Oh, forgot to mention What About Bob? Absolutely hilarious movie
                            Without doubt on that one. Also agree with Rat Race.
                            For me comedies are a never ending source of pleasure. The American Pie's, Office Space, Caddyshack, Animal House, Sex Drive etc. Also like the standups.

Non-comedies I always flip to are the Iron Man movies (because what is better than a drunk guy in a metal suit blowing stuff up?), Any Clint Eastwood western, Independence Day for some reason, 61* and a few other baseball movies, stuff like that.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Hard to narrow down with all the different genres. But here are some of them that I absolutely love.

Tommy Boy
                              Clerks
                              Mallrats
                              Anchorman

American Beauty
                              Goodfellas
                              Se7en
                              ZombieLand
                              KickAss

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                                Hard to narrow down with all the different genres. But here are some of them that I absolutely love.

Tommy Boy
                                Clerks
                                Mallrats
                                Anchorman

American Beauty
                                Goodfellas
                                Se7en
                                ZombieLand
                                KickAss
                                Tommy Boy and Goodfellas! Great choices!

I just love Goodfellas! And The Godfather Part II, fantastic Mafia movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X