Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got 'The Mask' to watch tonight for the first time in years and years.

Comment

Good movie! Cameron Diaz' last good performance! (I think it was her first performance, also.)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        I think I should add Funny Girl to my list. This movie introduced me to one of the best American entertainers ever - who, after many decades, is still going strong.
        Oh, you must mean Anne Francis! I thought she died.

And I think I forgot to mention It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Flipping channels last weekend and caught it on HBO and left it on all afternoon. I've noticed over the past few years, that my favorite movies tend to have great dialogue (or at least a lot of great lines) and are very quotable.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Com'on Siep, surely you have one or two guilty pleasures in movies. 'Fess up!
          OK, I'll see what I can come up with...

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Oh, you must mean Anne Francis! I thought she died.
          No, I meant Omar Shariff.
          That's right too, he's Egyptian.

sk

Comment

Saving Private Ryan
            Star Trek ...The newest one
            Schindler's list
            Porky's
            The Road warrior

Comment

Fearless Vampire Killers 1967. Roman Polanski. The best Vampire movie ever. Well, maybe not, but I like it a lot.

Comment

Hey - great choice!
                I love this Polanski movie and saw it a couple of times in the theatre. It's not scary at all, but it's just gorgeous to look at.
                And not only Sharon Tate.
                Together with Rosemary's Baby, my favorite Polanski.

sk

Comment

I'm waiting for that bad movie you love to watch, Siep!

I'm thinkin' some Eurotrash cannibal flick from the 70s or 80s...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh, I love that stuff, but can't watch it over and over again.
                    I've got one day of school left -have to go in a few minutes- and will come up with something tonight.

Here's a start: Godzilla vs The Thing!

I guess I could list all of this series.
                    I'm a huge Godzilla geek!!!

More later.

sk

Comment

More later.....that's what i said.
                      but I just can't think of any other bad movies I love to watch.
                      Come to think of it, I don't think the Godzilla series is bad - to the contrary.
                      I've got the complete series on DVD (some twent plus movies) and as the final Godzilla dates from 2004, it's high time for another one.

This might be of interest, though:

Comment

Another pick. The Valley of Gwangi. 1968ish? Cowboys and Dinosaurs. Loved it as a kid.

Comment

Another guilty pleasure: Zorro: The Gay Blade. Bad writing. Bad Acting. Bad OVERacting. Bad directing. Bad stereotypes. Can't think of a single redeeming feature of the film. I can watch it over and over and over and over...

You know, there are bad movies made in all eras. But the bad movies of the 1980s were GLORIOUSLY BAD!!! Most of my guilty pleasures are bad movies of the 80s.

A note about CGI: It ruined movie-making. Before CGI, just the first special effects had to be good. If they're good, the disbelief was suspended and the rest is a cake walk. (Notable exceptions exist, of course (ie, The Lord of The Rings trilogy, etc), but there the CGI is always in the service of the story and doesn't exist for it's own sake.)

Example: The Terminator. The opening shot of the prologue about the war between man and machines and the the lightning storm that heralds Ah-nold's entrance into 1984 Los Angeles are terrific. We buy into the vison and give the lee-way to the claymask eye operation later on. Story is allowed to take over.

Today, the openning CGI hasto be good, but then everything has to better. It's a losing proposition for the most part. The new Transformers movie is a prime example.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Jaws, Pulp Fiction, Halloween, The Blues Brothers, Animal House...those are the greats. If any of those are on, you've lost me for the entire running time.

Guilty pleasures? Movies that I know aren't very good, but I'll watch 'em every time anyway? Summer Rental with John Candy. I just can't turn away.
                            Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                            Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Blazing Saddles
                              Young Frankenstein
                              Space Balls
                              (Pretty much any Mel Brooks)
                              Super Troopers
                              Beerfest

On a side note, has anyone seen Battlefield LA? I just saw it the other night, and thought it was a very good movie for being an "Alien Invasion" movie.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                More later.....that's what i said.
                                but I just can't think of any other bad movies I love to watch.
                                Come to think of it, I don't think the Godzilla series is bad - to the contrary.
                                I've got the complete series on DVD (some twent plus movies) and as the final Godzilla dates from 2004, it's high time for another one.

This might be of interest, though:

Wow, didn't know there was a new Godzilla movie coming out. Hope its better than the last one. Not enough Godzilla in it for me, needs to be like the classic Godzilla movies, just better special effects and not toy cities of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X