Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation

I know this has nothing to do with books but since Dan started a thread, I might as well. Where are you guys going? Hey and Frik51 if you're reading this a great second hand bookstore chain is Half-Price Bookstores, check out their site for locations: hpb.com

I'm going on vacation three times but I am really excited to go to Bangor, Maine for a Stephen King tour with my father and Stu Tinker who runs the tours. Check out the site: sk-tours.com

Bangor - a bit out of the way (depending on your location of course) but worth a visit, if only to be standing in front of that gorgeous gate.....
    I've been there twice myself, met Stu when he was still running Betts Bookstore, but never took The Tour.
    Enjoy!

As I said somewhere else, I hope to be visiting my last remaining three US states: Kansas, Oklahoma and North Dakota.
    Afther that, I'll have to set myself another goal.

sk

Comment

Frik,
      In those three states you should try to go to a second hand bookstore chain called: Half Priced Books, I go to one next to my house a lot, great selection of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, so much more genres' and authors'. I hope you get to check one of the stores out, hope I'm helping

Comment

Yes, you definitely are! Helping, I mean.
        I'll be on the lookout for Half Price Books!

sk

Comment

Do you have certain places or things that you are going to see?

That is cool that you will have been to all 50 states; I have only been to 7 or 8! :-)

Comment

Hopefully going to Maine for the 1st time in early November!

Comment

I'll second the Half Price Books recommendation. I've gotten quite a few books from there, though there have been some there I passed up because of their condition. I tend to be a little picky about the books I buy now, so I won't buy any that are in anything less than like new condition. At the one closest to me out of 3 nearby ones they have had this one same Joe Lansdale hardcover for quite a while now, but the first quarter or third has some VERY noticeable water damage, so not going to buy it even though I want to read it, lol
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by miki74 View Post
                Do you have certain places or things that you are going to see?
                A few people here came up with some nice suggestions.
                Most likely I'll spend all Sunday google-ing some more.

sk

Comment

I've been to Maine a number of times and am planning to take a trip up there as soon as possible.

Never been to Bangor, but had a close encounter with Himself at a rest stop.
                  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm going on vacation from work, but I'm not going anywhere. just staying home. A SK tour would be really cool.

Comment

I'm going for my first time in August. Have fun, I wonder if King is doing a signing for his new book in November??

Comment

Did you converse with Him at all?

Comment

I'm going to the 311 Pow Wow Festival down in Florida the first weekend in August. And then I might make a weekend trip back down at the end of the month to visit family.

Comment

We're heading to Lake Tahoe this summer, and I plan to rent a bike and do the 72-mile ride around the lake. The scenery is so amazing there I don't want to spend any daylight hours inside if I can help it. I'll do a day hike on the Tahoe Rim Trail, we're going to tour Vikingsholm and the Thunderbird Lodge, probably hit the water park in Reno and generally stay busy!

Comment

Wow, so many of you are going really cool places!

Comment

Working...
                              X