Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorable introductions to another author's work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorable introductions to another author's work.

I'm reading the 1980 Berkley paperback The Shapes of Midnight by Joseph Payne Brennan and introduced by Stephen King.

King really sets the mood for some good horror reading with his description of cozying up next to a fire in his rocking chair with a sixpack in western Maine while the wind coming off of the lake moans outside.

Does anyone have any memorable introductions that you would find worth mentioning?
    Last edited by njhorror; 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remember, though not very well, Stephen King writing an introduction to, i think, one of patricia cornwell's books, and slagged off another author who wrote mainstream crime novels, which was memorable but probably for the wrong reason. Maybe he slagged off Cornwell... man, this has to be the most pointless and annoying post I've comitted here.

If anyone does know what book it was Stephen King offended another author in the introduction, then please, let me know.

Comment

I don't remember it in an introduction, but God I loved the flap last year when he slammed that chick who writes the Twilight books.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Did he do it to meyer, too? Hahahaha. Oh to be as successful as he that you can publically scold the majority of the writing hacks in the world!

Comment

Pssssst! What does slagged off mean?
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Joss Whedon wrote an introduction to a collection of comics from Marvel called The Ultimates (it was an modern, grittier version of the Avengers) in which he made reference to huge plot spoilers! WTF?!!!!! That was memorable.
            www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
              Did he do it to meyer, too? Hahahaha. Oh to be as successful as he that you can publically scold the majority of the writing hacks in the world!
              Here's what he had to say about Meyer: "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn," he said. "She's not very good."

And then some more about Twilight being for girls... http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b8235...n_king_vs.html

Took some shots at a couple of other authors as well. Go Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                Pssssst! What does slagged off mean?
                Berate, Scold or criticize (someone) angrily either publicly or in private, mostly the latter depending on how two-faced you are.

And Pete - that's brillant!

Comment

Thanks so much slang in the world-hard to keep track!
                  http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I liked the Twilight books. But that may just be me. I'm a Twihard

Comment

E-page folder and a...Twihard?

ban, ban!!!

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        E-page folder and a...Twihard?

ban, ban!!!

Where in the world is the "Like" button?

Comment

;
                          Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                          Where in the world is the "Like" button?
                          Oh no, you too? surely you...jest.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh, a play on my name. Apparently I'm not the only one. I'm listening but I don't hear the drum roll anywhere.

Comment

well, then, seriously, I have a question for you: What is so special about Bella? I've never read the books but have seen the movies. i can understand that a romantic triangle between a werewolf, a vampire and a human would make a great subject for a series. But you have to have them be extraordinary in some way. The movies have not done a very good job of making Bella stand out from other human friends; she is rather plain and uninteresting. So, I ask you, in all seriousnes: "Why Bella?"
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X