OK, so no a movie, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so no a movie, but.....

do any of y'all watch Dexter? My husband and I started watching it last year and just rented the Seasons on DVD and have seen all of them EXCEPT the last season that should be coming out on DVD in Aug or Sept.

Oops, title is supposed to be "OK, so NOT a movie, but...." :-/

Comment

I LOVE Dexter. I thought Michael Hall was great in Six Feet Under, but he's even better in Dexter. The season (4?) with John Lithgow was beyond great!!

Comment

Yeah, we watched Six Feet Under and loved that, too. Season 4 WAS good. I think it is just Season 5 that we haven't seen yet, but I keep forgetting how many seasons they have had.

Comment

I think 5 is the most recent. I usually wait for our library to get the series on dvd and watch it then. I believe a new season starts in Fall.

Comment

Love this show, waiting for the newest season to come out on BD. Like the books as well, but like the show more
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Great show! I thought the last season was fantastic! So many tense moments. If you haven't seen it yet you're in for a treat!

Comment

Haven't seen it yet, but I've been meaning to.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  I think 5 is the most recent. I usually wait for our library to get the series on dvd and watch it then. I believe a new season starts in Fall.

You are correct. Season 4 was with John Lithgow, 5 had Julia Stiles. And 6 is supposed to have a boatload of new people including Mos Def and Edward James Olmos.

Comment

Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through. I am now waiting for the release of series 5 with great anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                      Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through.
                      You're so right.
                      It's what i do with all series I watch, from Heroes and 24 to Fringe and Lost (of which i haven't seen one single episode yet. I'm waiting for a good Amazon deal...). I never watch anything on tv anymore. At least, no series.

sk

Comment

Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through. I am now waiting for the release of series 5 with great anticipation.
                        That is what we do, too. I don't think I could watch it week to week anymore. We usually rent or buy the whole season and watch it in like 2 days.

We do this with True Blood also.

Comment

The Sopranos is the other series I am presently bingeing on. Nearly at the end of the final series.

Comment

The Sopranos is the other series I am presently bingeing on. Nearly at the end of the final series.
                            Great show! Have all the seasons on dvd, the cookbook, the book that goes into detail about how they made the show...

Comment

Count me as a DEXTER fan too.

Read the first book - highly recommend it. Second book (different than TV series) wasn't my mug of beer.

Since I don't have cable, I rented the first season. It followed, but improved upon, the first novel. Having more time, the TV series was able to provide more depth to the characters and added a few twists to the original story. I loved it - but I doubted they could provide that level of quality and storytelling for another season.

Was I ever wrong. Fantastic show. I've bought them all and I swear each time I've watched them, it's as exciting as the first view.

Although still better than most shows, IMO Season 5 was the weakest. A few holes in the storyline were conveniently ignored by the writers - but they still provided some exciting and fresh entertainment.

Keep Smiling, Jan
                              Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Working...
                              X