The New Lieutenant's Rap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Lieutenant's Rap

I was just browsing on SKCollector.com and I was looking under US Limiteds and I never heard of this book; just curious if any one owns it. If you own it could you post pictures?

I don't own a copy, though.

sk

Comment

How did you get the picture?

Comment

google....

sk

Comment

This was produced for a dinner celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Carrie on April 6, 1999. 108 randomly numbered copies were distributed, but approximately 28-42 copies were left on the tables and thrown out that night. None were recovered from the trash. The remaining copies were placed in King’s office safe in Bangor. Five have since been donated to the Bangor public library for fundraisers.

The envelopes were distributed that night. They were covered with silver peace symbols that Michael hand stamped on them. Some have 3, 4 or 5 as they were placed arbitrarily.

Also distributed at the dinner were:

A signed copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon ( in honor of the 25th anniversary of Carrie )
          A silver Peace Sign pendant with a silver necklace in a box with bow on top
          A stapled 4 page 25 question trivia quiz.

Comment

Wow! Good info.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
              approximately 28-42 copies were left on the tables and thrown out that night. None were recovered from the trash.
              Un-freaking-real. If I'd been there that night I'd have been the guy waiting 'til people left and then snagging the abandoned copies.

Comment

What a shame that this rare King piece has essentially been lost to obscurity. Any rumors that it'll appear in a future collection or anthology?
                "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I doubt it very much. It was heavily rewritten as part of the Hearts in Atlantis story "Why We're in Vietnam".

John

Comment

Working...
                  X