Page 83 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4016

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    $11.00 for me would have a trip to the movies. But not in 3D or IMAX. Nice haul, Mike.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Not bad for $11. Love yard sales and flea markets.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Thanks! I'll probably pass some these on to my brother. Hope Y'all have luck.
    Mike

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Yard sales are a great place to find books for cheap. Last summer I checked out one that had probably at least 10, brand new condition Koontz books, for $2 ea I think.....I didn't grab any though.

This weekend I brought in some books to a local used book shop and got credit for them and used that to buy: Storm of the Century by King (it's a screenplay book???), picked up what I think is 1st ed hardcover of Insomnia also, and Misery.

I found some more books I probably running down there today after work and see if there is anything else that tickles my fancy. Anything they don't buy I will probably try to sell at a yard sale, or donate.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Yes the Storm of the Century is a screenplay book. book It was sold through the Book of the Month Club. I don't think that there was a regular trade edition published. It is just as hard to read as it was to watch.I mean that in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    Yard sales are a great place to find books for cheap. Last summer I checked out one that had probably at least 10, brand new condition Koontz books, for $2 ea I think.....I didn't grab any though.

This weekend I brought in some books to a local used book shop and got credit for them and used that to buy: Storm of the Century by King (it's a screenplay book???), picked up what I think is 1st ed hardcover of Insomnia also, and Misery.

I found some more books I probably running down there today after work and see if there is anything else that tickles my fancy. Anything they don't buy I will probably try to sell at a yard sale, or donate.

It's pretty crazy now in that I've accumulated so many books the last couple weeks (not including the ones my wife grabbed - a bunch of Robin Cook hardcovers, plus Tell No One by Harlen Coben, and Betrayal of Trust by J A Jance), plus with more to trade in and the pre-orders I have...... LOL. Plus the 2 I just ordered of AbeBooks!

Good thing is though, I can keep my credit on file at the used book store for future, and I have some hard to find titles I am looking for, and holding out hope they may get them. The owner told me they take in about 500 books/week (I think), or maybe it was per month.
    Last edited by TJCams; 04-28-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    If I remember correctly the hardcover of Storm of the Century was a book club edition and a paperback with the same trim size was the trade edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yes the Storm of the Century is a screenplay book. book It was sold through the Book of the Month Club. I don't think that there was a regular trade edition published. It is just as hard to read as it was to watch.I mean that in a good way.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Ah. I did not know that there was a paper back edition of this book. Still a creepy read.

Interesting, I'll have to keep my eye out for the bookclub edition. Nice grabs TJ!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Never seen a paperback edition of Storm of the Century, didn't even know there was one. I picked up a copy of the HC edition at a Half-Price Books store that was a couple minutes drive from where I used to live. Haven't read it yet, and don't know if I even will, but I wanted to get it since it was in like new condition and King HC I didn't have yet, lol. Got Secret Windows from the same location I think, which was another Book of the Month Club release. Never saw that title at a Half Price after that, and every time I have randomly seen in on eBay it was being sold for a good amount more than I paid for my copy (somewhere around $6 I think). That was another one I had to get because it was a King HC I didn't have, lol. I think I am more likely to read that one though, as I don't know how much I care for reading screenplays.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Was going to post a photo of the Trade Paperback version of Storm of the Century and realized I do not have the photo on the PC so here is a link to the page in my collection thread with the photo's http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page18
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Never seen a paperback edition of Storm of the Century, didn't even know there was one. I picked up a copy of the HC edition at a Half-Price Books store that was a couple minutes drive from where I used to live. Haven't read it yet, and don't know if I even will, but I wanted to get it since it was in like new condition and King HC I didn't have yet, lol. Got Secret Windows from the same location I think, which was another Book of the Month Club release. Never saw that title at a Half Price after that, and every time I have randomly seen in on eBay it was being sold for a good amount more than I paid for my copy (somewhere around $6 I think). That was another one I had to get because it was a King HC I didn't have, lol. I think I am more likely to read that one though, as I don't know how much I care for reading screenplays.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Woo hoo! I got my Cemetery dance collectors set #2 in the mail today! Don't know which book I'm going to read first, but I'm leaning towards Jack & Jill.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Was going to post a photo of the Trade Paperback version of Storm of the Century and realized I do not have the photo on the PC so here is a link to the page in my collection thread with the photo's http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...lection/page18
    Ah, thanks. I probably did see it before and just forgot.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    picked up a dozen old horror paperbacks at work yesterday for $1.38

Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    picked up a dozen old horror paperbacks at work yesterday for $1.38
    What ya get??

I have a bunch of books I want to take down to that shop again, some are university text books, but they gave me credit for one last time, and probably just keep my credit on file. There are some harder to find books I am looking for - even if they are pb and used. As long as they are in decent shape - but again, hard to find it seems.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton. It was still sealed and only cost $8.

Wow!!! Quite the find.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Wow!!! Quite the find.
    Thanks.

The store actually had 2 more. I was wondering why they ended up in Phoenix all the from the UK.

Very strange. Killer price though, nice grab.