No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great deal.I love used book stores and I love library sales.Never know what you are going to find.
    Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
    Went to a used book sale to benefit a local senior center last weekend. For $1 each, I scored 1st/1st trades of Skeleton Crew, The Bachman Books, The Dead Zone, The Regulators, Lonesome Dove, and Barker's The Great and Secret Show. The SK books aren't in great shape, but hardcovers nonetheless. On my way to getting all SK in hardcover.

Comment

I lost the ebay auction. It went over my limit but I'm sure I'll get another opportunity to buy a copy.

On similar note, does anyone see any benefit to PC copies of limited edition books over their numbered counterparts? There is a copy of the book I wanted on ebay for sale on horror-mall.com, but it is a PC copy of the numbered edition. I'd prefer the numbered edition since...I don't know, but it seems worth having a numbered copy over the PC copy for some reason, even though there are less PC copies then the numbered copy. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks.

Comment

Price wise is usually see them go for the same of their counterpart. So I'd be happy with either or myself. Its still limited and still signed.

Comment

Aside from the ebay auction, the horror-mall.com listing is the only other copy I've seen online and it costs about a dollar more then the ebay auction went for, so I may go with that one at some point. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I have 2 PCs. The Passage by Justin Cronin (I foolishly let the opportunity to get it #ed pass by) and Regret by Gabrielle Faust (part of a Dark Regions grab bag.) I tend to pass up the PC version for a #ed if I can find it--it's always cost me more, tho.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice rusty! That is a fine deal indeed.

Comment

Starship Troopers

Found this book as a kid and I've always loved it! Nice copy in slipcase from Meish Merlin. MDH

HPIM1394.jpg

Comment

looks like an edition in great condition. Way to go!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice copy!

Comment

Very nice indeed!

sk

Comment

I have not had time to add to my collectors thread in a while but I was so excited about my latest acquisition that I had to add it here.

The Crane House:
                        P1190701.jpgP1190704.jpg

Comment

Great catch, Martin!

A quick, excellent read, appropriate for Halloween, but I couldn't wait. I reaally tried, tho.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's going to be one of my next purchases! Love the cover !

sk

Comment

Very nice Martin! Love the cover and the sig sheet!!

Comment

My 'damaged' copy of Knowing Darkness also showed up yesterday. I've checked it out from cover to cover and it looks pristine to me. Really lucked out with my copy. Very, very happy with it.

And, oh my, what a gorgeous book!

Comment

Working...
                                X