Page 32 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Srboone, I have a copy of Zodiac, and it is exactly how you describe. I have gotten it out of the slipcase once. Haven't tried again since then. That is why I didn't go for this grab bag, thinking it may be included.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Attachment 5539

Subteranean Press grab bag! A great signed copy of Angel's Game. A couple of nice Bradbury's, A Pleasure to Burn. A slip cased copy of Zodiac, Neal Stepenson, Up the bright River, Philip Jose Farmer, The Affair of the Chalk Cliffs, Blaylock. Most are signed, one is a scratch and dent, no big deal. Nothing that filled a crying need, but Overall a nice selction. Have a great week!
    MDH
    Is this the grab bag the offered last week or so?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Nice haul Mike! I'm interested in the Zodiac book/slipcase. Did you have the same trouble with gettting it in and out as I did? I'm curious...
    No problems, I'm checking it again, even as we speak. And no issues. Sorry you got a bad one.
    MDH

Quote Originally Posted by Teriw View Post
    Is this the grab bag the offered last week or so?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Angel's game was a very good novel, but not GREAT like the first book, Shadow of the Wind, which is a MUST read regardless of what you normally read. It's simply brilliant very very well written book.
    I agree! Almost as good as Club Dumas!!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I have F. Paul Wilson's The Dark at the End, but I haven't been able to read it yet. I'm kind of dreading reading it because it's the last in the series. Well, until the prequels start cranking out.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Danse Macabre is in the mail from Betts! And for $350 vice $400! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

I will remain clothed during this celebration as well, Mr. Woot!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Grant Wootton
    $50 saving must be worth a least a brief burlesque bump around the front yard Squire !!!! (well done on the discount, more towards your next acquisition)

discount wasn't because of damage when David received the book though was it?

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    No. There was 1/2 in. closed tear on cover, but in Fine/Very good + condition. And the fact that it was flat signed rather than inscribed was a big bonus. Most of the signings King did in his early years were insciptions.
    "I'm a vegan. "

I'd call a tear damage. lol. but still well worth $350

Definitely!
    "I'm a vegan. "

The new consignment he posted on monday has alot of reasonably priced inscriptions. Everyone prefers a flatsign of course but for those prices i'd go for it...If I was currently spending money but I AM NOT!

Actually I may spend up to but no more than $100 on a bookcase on Saturday. Until this year Sydney had the only all girls school east of Montreal but the building and Convent were owned by the church. The church of course decided to sell because of financial issues and the school board would not buy the old ass building. So everything is being sold including some VERY old beautiful bookcases some with glass doors. I am hoping they are desperate and selling cheap because they could actually make a fortune on this antique furniture if they wanted to. But if I can get one for under $100 I most certainly will, although I would just LOVE to buy ALL of them regardless of price. Some things are just not possible though but I intend to make an attempt at one of them.

Good luck on that, Teri. I'm shoppoing around for a bookcase with glass doors on it myself.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Too bad you don't live nearby...

2622j48_20.jpg

Those are gorgeous! I hope you score one (or even two!)

"I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I got my grabbag to.Looks like we got about half of the same titles.I got Angels Game and another book valued at $125 plus a signed copy of blackhill by Dan Simmons one of the authors I still was missing that I wanted.Overall a great grab bag.I will try to post the books in my collectors thread this weekend when the weather cools down.Really enjoying super long walks though hard to not feel sad about our lack of winter.Talk about crazy our neighbors installed a pool this week and we got ice cream from the ice cream truck.IN MARCH????
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Attachment 5539

Subteranean Press grab bag! A great signed copy of Angel's Game. A couple of nice Bradbury's, A Pleasure to Burn. A slip cased copy of Zodiac, Neal Stepenson, Up the bright River, Philip Jose Farmer, The Affair of the Chalk Cliffs, Blaylock. Most are signed, one is a scratch and dent, no big deal. Nothing that filled a crying need, but Overall a nice selction. Have a great week!
    MDH

Sounds like some nice items, BW. Can't wait to see them.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Those are gorgeous! I hope you score one (or even two!)

Look at them, I'd be lucky to score one at $100 let alone two and I'd also have no where to put the second one, unless my dad caves and lets me use his spare room. to even get one I have to get rid of my current bookcase which is like a $30 walmart deal I got free second hand so good riddence

If I score any i'd say the smaller one down the corner. Or something simlilar with no glass.