Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, Tom! Great news!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

My latest purchase (again, I had a gift card I'd been holding onto for a bit and decided to get rid of it before I lost it--this time B&N):

7136191.jpg

This was released in 1976, but the 2003 edition has 4 stories excised and 4 new ones inserted. And

42626325.jpg

I've decided to make an attempt at understanding Eco's philosophies; something tells me that this is going to one of the most challenging books I've attempted in a long time.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Comment

Very cool Squire!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I think DVDs are on the way out, but slowly. Sony closed one of their biggest DVD/CD plants here in NJ last year due to declining demand. Still, there are so many DVD players around they should always be easy to find.

As for VCRs, I bought a couple for $5 each at a garage sale a few years ago and they worked fine. My daughter had a lot of kid movies on VHS, but has pretty much grown out of them now. I still have my first Sony VCR that I bought in 1993 for $440...!

If your TV/DVD player combo has input jacks, you could just buy a cheap DVD player (I see them as low as $20) and plug it in. I certainly wouldn't pay to have the old DVD player fixed.
            I was only going to have the DVD player fixed because I like combos so much and have so many. It sounds funny that I'm an electrician but I don't like messing with all the wires for a seperate DVD player even thought it's rather easy to hook up. I guess I have a thing about combos

But even if they do stop making them, I get the feeling DVD-r shops will be around a very long time, just like people still use VCRs (at least I hope they're stay around).

LOL I remember in about that same year (1993), my grandma bought me a VCR and it was the latest amazing stereo VCRrs!! And the cost for that Zenith was about $450...the problem was I didn't even have a stereo TV lol. I exchanged it for a mono one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              Very cool Squire!
              Nothing compared to yours, Tom! Congratualions! I know you're butrsting with pride right, now!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Looks fantastic Tom! Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome cover art Tom !!!!! Set aside my copy !!!!! (don't forget to SIGN IT !!!!)

Comment

Thanks all, I'm very happy with how it has turned out, a bit annoying that the signature page is on the other side of the cover but I will get over it :-)

Comment

Where would someone go to purchase one of these?
                      Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post

Comment

"A cottage in the middle of England" would be my guess!

Comment

Haha well i guess you could come to mine, but hopefully later on i will be able to start selling them, i am just sorting out the finer details with Jerome at thedarktower.org . But if you would like to reserve a copy just send me a pm, and if you would like a certain letter mention that too.

The copies will be $25, of which $18 will go to the Haven Foundation fundraiser and $7 to me to cover a small portion of my costs. But in that price everyone will be entered in a drawing to win a piece of the original art by Glenn Chadbourne

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                            I was only going to have the DVD player fixed because I like combos so much and have so many. It sounds funny that I'm an electrician but I don't like messing with all the wires for a seperate DVD player even thought it's rather easy to hook up. I guess I have a thing about combos

But even if they do stop making them, I get the feeling DVD-r shops will be around a very long time, just like people still use VCRs (at least I hope they're stay around).

LOL I remember in about that same year (1993), my grandma bought me a VCR and it was the latest amazing stereo VCRrs!! And the cost for that Zenith was about $450...the problem was I didn't even have a stereo TV lol. I exchanged it for a mono one.
                            I went with the high-end Sony model because it had....an S-Video output!!! I think it was an extra $40 for that feature I bought a 32" Sony TV at the same time, and the TV is still being used in our friends' basement as a kids' TV. They built them to last back then.

Comment

Also included in that price is shipping to anywhere in the world!!!

Comment

It looks great Tom. Worth every bit of effort, right?
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X