Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.
    Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google

Comment

One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...

Comment

Nice idea!
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Got a very nice amount of money from from the VA for my new disability rating a few days ago so I decided I can buy a few books now, and the first I purchased was Undertaker's Moon which shipped out to me this afternoon. Looking forward to receiving this and reading it. Will be my first Ronald Kelly book so far
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tito_Villa;18825]One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...
            [/QUOT
            E]

Although I'm not much of a fan of Glenn's art (yeah, right ) I reckon this is a sterling idea Tom !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google
              You'll love The Far Side Tom - one of our smaller radio stations, back in the mid-1980's used to have competitions for people to call in and win a prize if they could guess what the hell the cartoon for the day actually meant (the majority were self explanatory, but others, well, not so much) ...

hells_library.jpg

Comment

The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

Comment

My list would be similar; Bloom County/Opus, Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. Not a big Peanuts fan.
                  Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                  The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

Comment

Bllom County, hands down, was my favorite. Calvin & Hobbes was a close second.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hide and Seek audio....signed plate by Ketchum

Under the Dome S/L with Cards

11/22/63 second printing, signed

And if I've forgotten: The lettered edition of Hataula's The Wildman

Comment

Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County. It is so hard to rank these 3 strips, but Calvin usually takes the top spot. Oh, and nobody has mentioned Non Sequitur, which is my favorite one still running.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          I don't think DVDs are on their way out yet, Scott. Blu Ray players will always be able to play them I'm sure. And they are the cheaper alternative right now. I'm sure you're good on DVDs for 20 years at least. (I have around 800 titles on DVD.) Right now, VHS is the endangered species. worry about those first. Now my Laser Disc player, that's an almost extinct species. I had to transfer a few of them top DVD, tho only one made a good enough copy to keep. I may post it sometime.
                          Thanks Squire. I was worried about my DVD collection. LOL you have 800??? Wow. They'll be around for 20 years? Then I have nothing to worry about since I'll be dead by then most likely.
                          I still love VHS since it reminds me of the good ol' days. And that's why I have so many TV combos and seperate VCRs so I'll always be able to play them.
                          But if they break, I guess nowadays no one can fix a VCR. I'm also worried about a TV I bought in 2001 with a DVD player. The DVD player quit working and I'm wondering if it's possible to fix it now? I think it would just need a new laser....but it's an obsolete TV but it's also fantastic because of different sound modes you can mess around with.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                            Thanks Squire. I was worried about my DVD collection. LOL you have 800??? Wow. They'll be around for 20 years? Then I have nothing to worry about since I'll be dead by then most likely.
                            I still love VHS since it reminds me of the good ol' days. And that's why I have so many TV combos and seperate VCRs so I'll always be able to play them.
                            But if they break, I guess nowadays no one can fix a VCR. I'm also worried about a TV I bought in 2001 with a DVD player. The DVD player quit working and I'm wondering if it's possible to fix it now? I think it would just need a new laser....but it's an obsolete TV but it's also fantastic because of different sound modes you can mess around with.
                            I think DVDs are on the way out, but slowly. Sony closed one of their biggest DVD/CD plants here in NJ last year due to declining demand. Still, there are so many DVD players around they should always be easy to find.

As for VCRs, I bought a couple for $5 each at a garage sale a few years ago and they worked fine. My daughter had a lot of kid movies on VHS, but has pretty much grown out of them now. I still have my first Sony VCR that I bought in 1993 for $440...!

If your TV/DVD player combo has input jacks, you could just buy a cheap DVD player (I see them as low as $20) and plug it in. I certainly wouldn't pay to have the old DVD player fixed.

Comment

Fingers crossed i should have the 1st batch (if not all) of my book tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                                Fingers crossed i should have the 1st batch (if not all) of my book tonight
                                Way to go Tom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X