Page 23 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Grant you can definitely have a copy and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Grant you can definitely have a copy and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.
    Cool, thanks Tom I reckon Glenn used you as the basis for the character profile in the drawing

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I am guessing I missed it somewhere, but what is this book going to be about Tito? The artwork is great, but everything I've seen from Glenn is great

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    It's post #388 on page 39 of this thread.
    http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...urchase/page39
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

It's horror, a couple are moving into a new home (a picturesque cottage in the English countryside) and are being helped by 2 friends. Apart from the wierd old lady from the state agents who handed over the keys everything goes great, that is until the cows come to vistit. It doesn't take long for the realisation that they aren't the normal beef burger variety to hit home and a fight for survival follows.

Senior Member Inmate
    It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.

Grant Wootton
    Co-written with Dana Lyons, maybe ????

2009_02_09_CowWithGun.jpg

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication theenormityofitall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.
    Thanks Squire. Leave it to me to get it backwards. But unlike you I love combos...DVD players built in to TVs. I even have 3 TVs with built in DVD and VCR players that still work great. But what you're saying is that regular DVDs will not be around much longer? They'll go the way of the cassette tape? What am I suposed to do with the hundreds I have?? I guess just hope none of my combos break.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless
    Yep, that's one thing I do need to do since there are so many of those "PAL" DVDs with great flicks on them that unexplainably, have not been put on DVD over here. The Mutilator is a perfect example, one of the best slashers of all time!

Isn't Nicole Kidman from Australia Grant? Nothing against her nationality, but I have no clue how she's made it as an actress. She's just not that good, but she was in that movie I think called Dead Calm. But Tom Cruize (sp?) isn't any good either. He has to be the most overrated actor in history.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I don't think DVDs are on their way out yet, Scott. Blu Ray players will always be able to play them I'm sure. And they are the cheaper alternative right now. I'm sure you're good on DVDs for 20 years at least. (I have around 800 titles on DVD.) Right now, VHS is the endangered species. worry about those first. Now my Laser Disc player, that's an almost extinct species. I had to transfer a few of them top DVD, tho only one made a good enough copy to keep. I may post it sometime.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Quote Originally Posted by jester05jk View Post
    It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.
    Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google

One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Nice idea!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Got a very nice amount of money from from the VA for my new disability rating a few days ago so I decided I can buy a few books now, and the first I purchased was Undertaker's Moon which shipped out to me this afternoon. Looking forward to receiving this and reading it. Will be my first Ronald Kelly book so far

Grant Wootton
    [QUOTE=Tito_Villa;18825]One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...
    [/QUOT
    E]

Although I'm not much of a fan of Glenn's art (yeah, right ) I reckon this is a sterling idea Tom !!!!!!

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google
    You'll love The Far Side Tom - one of our smaller radio stations, back in the mid-1980's used to have competitions for people to call in and win a prize if they could guess what the hell the cartoon for the day actually meant (the majority were self explanatory, but others, well, not so much) ...

hells_library.jpg

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    My list would be similar; Bloom County/Opus, Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. Not a big Peanuts fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

Bllom County, hands down, was my favorite. Calvin & Hobbes was a close second.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Hide and Seek audio....signed plate by Ketchum

Under the Dome S/L with Cards

11/22/63 second printing, signed

And if I've forgotten: The lettered edition of Hataula's The Wildman