Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Get a Life, why don'tcha! bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    A couple on new framed Bradbury items!
    Attachment 22029
    I love these!! Very nice.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I'll have to take pictures later, but my signed copy of Ten Word Tragedies from PS Publishing arrived today. It is absolutely beautiful!

It also baffles me that there are STILL copies available. It features original stories (and is signed by) a ton of great writers, including Josh Malerman and Paul Tremblay! Not to mention that Frank Turner also signed it (he's the punk/folk musician who inspired the collection).

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I'll have to take pictures later, but my signed copy of Ten Word Tragedies from PS Publishing arrived today. It is absolutely beautiful!

It also baffles me that there are STILL copies available. It features original stories (and is signed by) a ton of great writers, including Josh Malerman and Paul Tremblay! Not to mention that Frank Turner also signed it (he's the punk/folk musician who inspired the collection).
    I am one of those who passed. I love the concept and it is a great price. If I remember correctly PS never said who would be signing the signed edition. I assumed it was just the editors. Who all signed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am one of those who passed. I love the concept and it is a great price. If I remember correctly PS never said who would be signing the signed edition. I assumed it was just the editors. Who all signed it?
    It looked to be all of the contributors (two full pages of signatures). The ones that I stood out to me as I was glancing it over were Armstrong, Littlewood, Koryta, Turner, Tremblay, and Malerman (the last two of whom I had completely forgotten had contributed).

But after a twelve hour day, I didn't have the energy to take photos. Definitely tomorrow though!

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    It looked to be all of the contributors (two full pages of signatures). The ones that I stood out to me as I was glancing it over were Armstrong, Littlewood, Koryta, Turner, Tremblay, and Malerman (the last two of whom I had completely forgotten had contributed).

But after a twelve hour day, I didn't have the energy to take photos. Definitely tomorrow though!
    I would love to see photos. You are making me re-think my passing on this one.

TPS Report Monitor 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Cool looking book. Also it made me look up Frank Turner and listen to some of his music. Never heard of him before.

Carrying the fire. 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    goddamnit I missed this book. Why couldn't I have continued to miss this book?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I also passed...one, had no idea who Frank Turner was; two, since it was based on his work I thought the stories would be about music (a mash-up I don’t care for); three, the title intimates the stories are only ten words long, so flash fiction...? Now that I’ve taken the time to actually read the synopsis rather than make assumptions, I see the latter two are untrue, and it actually sounds rather good. I may rethink this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    goddamnit I missed this book. Why couldn't I have continued to miss this book?
    Copies are still available!

Carrying the fire. 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Well, there's one less after reading this thread and seeing those pics and visiting the PS site!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well, there's one less after reading this thread and seeing those pics and visiting the PS site!
    I look forward to the unboxing!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Arrived today: the S/L three-volume set of THE THEMIS FILES, published by Subterranean Press.

Thank you for sharing the info on the book. You did just cost me some money though. I ordered one today.

Thank you for sharing the info on the book. You did just cost me some money though. I ordered one today.
    Glad to hear! For the price that it is, I can't recommend it enough. ;-)

Wanderer of the Todash Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Glad to hear! For the price that it is, I can't recommend it enough. ;-)
    Another one down...just ordered it. My first direct purchase from PS Publishing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStegs View Post
    Another one down...just ordered it. My first direct purchase from PS Publishing. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Pete is good to deal with. Just know you will not get a shipping notice the book will just arrive. And if you ever order one of his grab bags it will actually arrive in a bag!

Wanderer of the Todash Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Pete is good to deal with. Just know you will not get a shipping notice the book will just arrive. And if you ever order one of his grab bags it will actually arrive in a bag!
    That’s good to know. Thanks!!

The same also applies to when you buy books from him in bulk. It's always a pleasure to see one of those Royal Mail currier bags on the stoop!

The same also applies to when you buy books from him in bulk. It's always a pleasure to see one of those Royal Mail currier bags on the stoop!
    The first time I saw a bag of books sitting on my front porch I remember thinking "This guy takes the term grab bag seriously!". At this point Pete should be giving you a commission on Ten Word Tragedies.