Page 203 of 210 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4184

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Neat!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Was on the fence about these, ] glad I got them. Comprehensive, no, interesting yes. These books weigh a ton, full color slick paper. A really nice set. I'm a sucker for these kinds of semi-reference books. I am glad a settled on the lower price point.
    Attachment 21842[ATTACH=CONFIG]21841

I did open the King entry specially for Y'all LOL!!
    Very cool, Mike. I was on the fence about these, too, but decided to pass, as there was just too much filmmaker material. I still may grab a set, though…this is the kind of reference stuff that I really love, too, and it’s clearly a beautiful production.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Back in May, I had the opportunity to grab the original artwork for the letter G painting of The Mouse Guard Alphabet - artwork by Serena Malyon. Each letter of the alphabet featured a painted "spot" illustration, and then a fully painted page of what the letter represented. A is for Aviary. B is for Black Axe, etc.

Here's a poster of all the letters (I grabbed one at ECCC in 2018 that I always forget I have):
    mg_alphabet.jpg

The G was cool because it's the initial of my last name, and I thought it would look really nice framed up.

It never got framed. Which might have been a good thing.

A couple of weeks ago, the accompanying full page page painting was offered for sale, but I had a hard time justifying the price. Well, the other day, the price was lowered quite significantly, and after working with the seller to negotiate even lower, I was able to purchase the painting!

So now I really need to get these two framed because I own the set.

G is for Guardmouse.
    IMG_0793.jpg
    (The blue tape is just keeping the sleeve closed - it's not on the painting.)

And what it looks like in the book:
    IMG_0794.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Back in May, I had the opportunity to grab the original artwork for the letter G painting of The Mouse Guard Alphabet - artwork by Serena Malyon. Each letter of the alphabet featured a painted "spot" illustration, and then a fully painted page of what the letter represented. A is for Aviary. B is for Black Axe, etc.

Here's a poster of all the letters (I grabbed one at ECCC in 2018 that I always forget I have):
    mg_alphabet.jpg

The G was cool because it's the initial of my last name, and I thought it would look really nice framed up.

It never got framed. Which might have been a good thing.

A couple of weeks ago, the accompanying full page page painting was offered for sale, but I had a hard time justifying the price. Well, the other day, the price was lowered quite significantly, and after working with the seller to negotiate even lower, I was able to purchase the painting!

So now I really need to get these two framed because I own the set.

G is for Guardmouse.
    IMG_0793.jpg
    (The blue tape is just keeping the sleeve closed - it's not on the painting.)

And what it looks like in the book:
    IMG_0794.jpg
    Great additions!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great additions!
    Thanks! I’m really happy with them. Now to just get them framed.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Excellent!!

Very cool — congratulations!

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Beautiful! Would love to see photos after the framing is done! Congrats!

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to check Michael's today and get an idea of what framing would cost. I have a few other pieces of art from this year's ECCC that I want to see what the cost would be too. It all might have to wait until a bit later, but it'll get done!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Those are pretty cool pieces. Having just done some custom framing the pricing at Hobby Lobby is way better than Michael's. Like hundreds even with a huge sale at Michael's.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Those are pretty cool pieces. Having just done some custom framing the pricing at Hobby Lobby is way better than Michael's. Like hundreds even with a huge sale at Michael's.
    I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.
    Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Michael’s, at least where I live will have 50% off or more sales, multiple times per years for frames. I didn't even know Hobby Lobby did that kind of work. I have always just waited for the sales at Michael's.

*Edit: My wife reminded me that we had something framed at Hobby Lobby. So I guess I knew but forgot.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 12-23-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.
    I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...

I am waiting for some coupons from Michaels.

I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...
    35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.
    Yesssss!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

Oy! This is why I never had my original Steve Dillon PREACHER page that I bought 24 years ago framed and matted....(I did try to do it myself, and it came out....not so good.)

Someday.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    You guys need to find local frame places. I got a sizable print framed and matted for ~$100 and they did a great job.