Page 203 of 210 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4184

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #4041
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,914
    Rep Power
    52
    Neat!

  2. #4042
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Was on the fence about these, ] glad I got them. Comprehensive, no, interesting yes. These books weigh a ton, full color slick paper. A really nice set. I'm a sucker for these kinds of semi-reference books. I am glad a settled on the lower price point.
    Attachment 21842[ATTACH=CONFIG]21841

    I did open the King entry specially for Y'all LOL!!
    Very cool, Mike. I was on the fence about these, too, but decided to pass, as there was just too much filmmaker material. I still may grab a set, though…this is the kind of reference stuff that I really love, too, and it’s clearly a beautiful production.

  3. #4043
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Back in May, I had the opportunity to grab the original artwork for the letter G painting of The Mouse Guard Alphabet - artwork by Serena Malyon. Each letter of the alphabet featured a painted "spot" illustration, and then a fully painted page of what the letter represented. A is for Aviary. B is for Black Axe, etc.

    Here's a poster of all the letters (I grabbed one at ECCC in 2018 that I always forget I have):
    mg_alphabet.jpg

    The G was cool because it's the initial of my last name, and I thought it would look really nice framed up.

    It never got framed. Which might have been a good thing.

    A couple of weeks ago, the accompanying full page page painting was offered for sale, but I had a hard time justifying the price. Well, the other day, the price was lowered quite significantly, and after working with the seller to negotiate even lower, I was able to purchase the painting!

    So now I really need to get these two framed because I own the set.

    G is for Guardmouse.
    IMG_0793.jpg
    (The blue tape is just keeping the sleeve closed - it's not on the painting.)

    And what it looks like in the book:
    IMG_0794.jpg

  4. #4044
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,515
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Back in May, I had the opportunity to grab the original artwork for the letter G painting of The Mouse Guard Alphabet - artwork by Serena Malyon. Each letter of the alphabet featured a painted "spot" illustration, and then a fully painted page of what the letter represented. A is for Aviary. B is for Black Axe, etc.

    Here's a poster of all the letters (I grabbed one at ECCC in 2018 that I always forget I have):
    mg_alphabet.jpg

    The G was cool because it's the initial of my last name, and I thought it would look really nice framed up.

    It never got framed. Which might have been a good thing.

    A couple of weeks ago, the accompanying full page page painting was offered for sale, but I had a hard time justifying the price. Well, the other day, the price was lowered quite significantly, and after working with the seller to negotiate even lower, I was able to purchase the painting!

    So now I really need to get these two framed because I own the set.

    G is for Guardmouse.
    IMG_0793.jpg
    (The blue tape is just keeping the sleeve closed - it's not on the painting.)

    And what it looks like in the book:
    IMG_0794.jpg
    Great additions!

  5. #4045
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great additions!
    Thanks! I’m really happy with them. Now to just get them framed.

  6. #4046
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,736
    Rep Power
    55
    Excellent!!

  7. #4047
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    14
    Very cool — congratulations!

  8. #4048
    Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    24
    Beautiful! Would love to see photos after the framing is done! Congrats!

  9. #4049
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Thanks everyone!

    I'm going to check Michael's today and get an idea of what framing would cost. I have a few other pieces of art from this year's ECCC that I want to see what the cost would be too. It all might have to wait until a bit later, but it'll get done!

  10. #4050
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    5
    Those are pretty cool pieces. Having just done some custom framing the pricing at Hobby Lobby is way better than Michael's. Like hundreds even with a huge sale at Michael's.

  11. #4051
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Those are pretty cool pieces. Having just done some custom framing the pricing at Hobby Lobby is way better than Michael's. Like hundreds even with a huge sale at Michael's.
    I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

    Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.

  12. #4052
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

    Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.
    Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

  13. #4053
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    14
    Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.

  14. #4054
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    14
    Michael’s, at least where I live will have 50% off or more sales, multiple times per years for frames. I didn't even know Hobby Lobby did that kind of work. I have always just waited for the sales at Michael's.

    *Edit: My wife reminded me that we had something framed at Hobby Lobby. So I guess I knew but forgot.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 12-23-2019 at 11:10 PM.

  15. #4055
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.
    I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...

  16. #4056
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    I am waiting for some coupons from Michaels.

  17. #4057
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...
    35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.

  18. #4058
    Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.
    Yesssss!

  19. #4059
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

    Oy! This is why I never had my original Steve Dillon PREACHER page that I bought 24 years ago framed and matted....(I did try to do it myself, and it came out....not so good.)

    Someday.

  20. #4060
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    9
    You guys need to find local frame places. I got a sizable print framed and matted for ~$100 and they did a great job.

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •