Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Welcome to the poor house Dan!!!
    I think the problem is, that I was already living in the poor house... So I must be in the poorer than poor house now.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Now Dan, that's not nice. Are you implying that CD doesn't pay well??

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Today B&N had a 70% discount on that special edition of A Game of Thrones!!!
        AAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh..I ordered mine too early.
        (Both editions are on their way!)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          AAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh..I ordered mine too early.
          (Both editions are on their way!)

sk
          I was waiting for that (from someone)

Instagram

Comment

The mailer I got said that 50% was going to be the best offer!!!!! But $25 still wasn't a bad price (but $20 would have been better...)
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              The mailer I got said that 50% was going to be the best offer!!!!! But $25 still wasn't a bad price (but $20 would have been better...)
              it was actually $14.77 (+/- a few cents)!!

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

HPIM1364.jpg
                  Just picked up the Wildside Press release of the first Five Sten novels by Allan Cole and Chris Bunch. Nice trade paperbacks. Three more to go. Hope they don't drag their feet like they did with their Robert E. Howard releases. Cole and Bunch also wrote a great Vietnam novel called A Recoking for Kings. Anyway the Sten novels are great military/spy science fiction. I've enjoyed them for years and I'm glad to be able to get these nice trade editions.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Hope they don't drag their feet like they did with their Robert E. Howard releases.
                    I'm on the lookout for some nice Howard books. How many Wildside Press editions are there? Hardcover? Worth hunting down??

sk

Comment

I'm on the lookout for some nice Howard books. How many Wildside Press editions are there? Hardcover? Worth hunting down??

sk
                      I'll post a few later. They're ok. I can't committ beyond that. I like the set that the University of Nebraska put out in 2005. The Black Stranger is a great collection. The best of the Wildside books is The Gates of Empire. A collection of his historical fiction. "Sowers of Thunder" one of my all time favorite stories. I discovered these in Zebra paperbacks around 1976. Good luck with your Howard hunt. I think I'm done. Oh, the Donald Grant's are a sentimental favorite. I will pick one of those up every once in awhile. Mostly the non-Conan stuff.
                      Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike, for your response. Looking forwards to whatever you'll post!

sk

Comment

Howard stuff

sk

sk

Just put up a few. The two on the left are from the University of Nebraska Press. The Black Stranger and other American Tales contains most of his Horror stories, including "Pigeons from Hell". Lord of Samarcand and other Tales of the Old Orient, historical fiction, Red Blades of Black Cathay, etc. Excellent books, acid free paper, good print, tight binding. Great value. The Wildside editions to the right and back are Black Hounds of Death, Gates of Empire and Treasures of Tartary.. Part of a ten Volume set of which I have nine. Not interested in Hour of the Dragon, unless I pick it up for almost free. Not a favorite Conan Story and I'm not a completist, I buy what I like. The collections are a bit of a mish-mash, except for Gates of Empire and Other Tales of the Crusades. I picked them up on the secondary market and was glad to get them for a reasonable price. I think you can still get them at the Wildside Press site. they run about $35.00 each. I think they would be great for someone starting out with Howard. Love 'em no, enjoyed them yes. But I highly recommend the University of Nebraska set. I think there about five or six in the set? A real academic approach to the collections. Love 'em and enjoyed 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1110[/ATTACH]
                            Just put up a few. The two on the left are from the University of Nebraska Press. The Black Stranger and other American Tales contains most of his Horror stories, including "Pigeons from Hell". Lord of Samarcand and other Tales of the Old Orient, historical fiction, Red Blades of Black Cathay, etc. Excellent books, acid free paper, good print, tight binding. Great value. The Wildside editions to the right and back are Black Hounds of Death, Gates of Empire and Treasures of Tartary.. Part of a ten Volume set of which I have nine. Not interested in Hour of the Dragon, unless I pick it up for almost free. Not a favorite Conan Story and I'm not a completist, I buy what I like. The collections are a bit of a mish-mash, except for Gates of Empire and Other Tales of the Crusades. I picked them up on the secondary market and was glad to get them for a reasonable price. I think you can still get them at the Wildside Press site. they run about $35.00 each. I think they would be great for someone starting out with Howard. Love 'em no, enjoyed them yes. But I highly recommend the University of Nebraska set. I think there about five or six in the set? A real academic approach to the collections. Love 'em and enjoyed 'em.
                            HPIM1365.jpg

Comment

THANKS!! I think I can smell a hunt coming up....

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                And so it begins (and will end with me being broke) just ordered 1st edition / 1st printings of Terry Brook's "Word and Void" series. Cheap for now, but will start getting expensive when I get to his earlier stuff.
                                The first of these came today "Angel Fire East" I'll post some pictures in my collection thread when the other two get here.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X