No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise package from Cemetery Dance in the mail today. Nothing Lasting by Glen Krisch an The Slave Tree by Alan Peter Ryan.

Comment

It Knows Where You Live, S/L, by Gary McMahon. I'd been hopeful to one day locate a copy of this book and I did.

Steven
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I FINALLY got a copy of The Complete Slayers but the seller became a grandparent for the first time the exact day I paid for it so he's been out of town AND THE WAITING IS KILLING ME.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          I FINALLY got a copy of The Complete Slayers but the seller became a grandparent for the first time the exact day I paid for it so he's been out of town AND THE WAITING IS KILLING ME.
          I actually just got a copy of this too, my copy was not as minty as I'd hoped, but a fair price considering. One of CP's best books

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            Surprise package from Cemetery Dance in the mail today. Nothing Lasting by Glen Krisch an The Slave Tree by Alan Peter Ryan.
            I got mine just the other day as well!

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
              It Knows Where You Live, S/L, by Gary McMahon. I'd been hopeful to one day locate a copy of this book and I did.

Steven
              I have that one; wasn't aware it was so scarce. Good to know.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Quite possibly have buyer's regret.

While visiting my local Half Price Books they had two Karl Edward Wagner Kane books that were published by Night Shade Books - Midnight Sun for $60 and Gods in Darkness ($40.)

Quick scan of eBay I thought that these were good prices so I purchased them.

After getting home I'm about 90% sure that they're book club editions. Looking at some current eBay listings and this site I can see that my UPCs are different and I have little codes (inventory?) on the bottom of the back cover.

Anyone know if these have any value even though they're book club editions?

Comment

Definitely taking these back after learning that Centipede has the complete unsigned sets for $150 (I remember awhile back that they didn't have all five available.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Quite possibly have buyer's regret.

While visiting my local Half Price Books they had two Karl Edward Wagner Kane books that were published by Night Shade Books - Midnight Sun for $60 and Gods in Darkness ($40.)

Quick scan of eBay I thought that these were good prices so I purchased them.

After getting home I'm about 90% sure that they're book club editions. Looking at some current eBay listings and this site I can see that my UPCs are different and I have little codes (inventory?) on the bottom of the back cover.

Anyone know if these have any value even though they're book club editions?

Comment

I never saw a book club edition.

Comment

I would be surprised if there had been one.

The maybe the signed and trade editions have different ISBN.

Comment

If you check that link there is mention of a BCE.

The strange thing is the jacket has no price where you'd usually find one, and the UPC doesn't show 350000 like recent eBay editions show, BUT makes mention of a $75 version which was the signed/numbered version that this most definitely is not.

I had no confidence in and had my GF do the return this morning. The manager was a little peeved that it was a BCE.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I never saw a book club edition.

Comment

I have MIDNIGHT SUN, and, yes, it has a price on the dj flap: "Trade Hardcover $35" -- and then the ISBN. Thought I had GODS IN DARKNESS, too, but I see that, in fact, I don't. I do have the Centipede slipcased set, though, and you're going to love it, TD...far better bang for your buck than these Night Shade volumes, which were nice, but far outclassed by the Centipede volumes.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

This all worked out for the best actually since CP has the 5 unsigned copies in stock for what I feel is a great price. If I didn't see these two books at HPB it wouldn't have made me check out CP's site again.

So in the end it worked out. And well.

Thanks for giving me more facts about the non BCE versions - confirms what my substantial gut was telling me.

I think the front flap making mention of the $75 edition made HPB feel they didn't have BCE versions. Whoops.
                            Last edited by TacomaDiver; 09-11-2016, 10:47 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard

Comment

There are BCE editions of those Wagner books. I know because I bought them both from the SFBC back before I was a collector.

Comment

These two little biddies wandered into my neck of the woods for a song, asking if I knew how to read.
                                I told 'em I'd learn.

SAM_7173.jpg

SAM_7170.jpg

SAM_7174.jpg
                                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X