Page 194 of 201 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4006

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Junior Member Part-timer
    The Overlook Connection’s edition of The Girl Next Door, in addition to being signed by King, was also signed by Jack Ketchum, Christopher Golden, Lucy Taylor, Edward Lee, Phil Nutman, Stanley Wiater & Neal McPheeters. This was the trade edition of which 500 were published and were slipcase. The original cost was $75. The lettered edition was $300. It was published in 1996.

Jim
    Last edited by Jargendeli; 03-23-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    The latest from Tudor. Stateside, it's titled, The Hiding Place:

C.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 1.jpgC.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 2.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpheel View Post
    The OC did "The Girl Next Door" by Jack Ketchum with a forward by Stephen King who signed the limited and lettered editions. I would think SK collectors would be very happy to have it.
    You bet -- that Ketchum HC reprint is a handsome edition with a great intro by Stephen King...I have a copy of it in my own collection. My only point was that Overlook Connection has never done a Stephen King novel (or collection)...to my knowledge, the only work specific to King they've done is throwing on variant dustjackets by Chadbourne on trade HC editions.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The latest from Tudor. Stateside, it's titled, The Hiding Place:

C.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 1.jpgC.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 2.jpg
    My understanding is that she much prefers this UK title. I wonder why they changed it for the US?? Though for collectors of both editions it offers a quirky variation. Also, I believe that SubPress's edition is going to have an alternate ending.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    My understanding is that she much prefers this UK title. I wonder why they changed it for the US?? Though for collectors of both editions it offers a quirky variation. Also, I believe that SubPress's edition is going to have an alternate ending.
    I prefer the UK title myself. That's cool about the Sub Press edition.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I am not confusing Overlook Connection Press with another/different publisher. What I meant is what you refer to below -- The offerings where the books are limited and signed by Glenn Chadbourne, but of course not signed by Stephen King. ~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Overlook Connection has never done a signed/limited Stephen King book, nor have they recently announced one...not sure who you’re confusing them with. They have offered trade editions with alternative dustjackets by Glenn Chadbourne, but that’s it. No idea how those were received by the King collecting community and if they’re still doing it.

Pumpheel: They also did signed/numbered editions of Robert McCammon’s PBOs.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I'd love to locate and own a copy of this book provided obtaining a copy is not super expensive. Jack Ketchum became one of my favorite authors. ~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    You bet -- that Ketchum HC reprint is a handsome edition with a great intro by Stephen King...I have a copy of it in my own collection. My only point was that Overlook Connection has never done a Stephen King novel (or collection)...to my knowledge, the only work specific to King they've done is throwing on variant dustjackets by Chadbourne on trade HC editions.

I got two vintage paperbacks in today's mail. Politics is Murder by Edwin Lanham. I love that title considering the turmoil surrounding our current President. Doomsman by Harlan Ellison/Telepower by Lee Hoffman. This is a Belmont Books double. I'd never heard of Belmont books until I ran across this double book. I've read one Lee Hoffman book I enjoyed. I've never read anything by Harlan Ellison so I'm really looking forward to reading Doomsman.

Cap

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I got two vintage paperbacks in today's mail. Politics is Murder by Edwin Lanham. I love that title considering the turmoil surrounding our current President. Doomsman by Harlan Ellison/Telepower by Lee Hoffman. This is a Belmont Books double. I'd never heard of Belmont books until I ran across this double book. I've read one Lee Hoffman book I enjoyed. I've never read anything by Harlan Ellison so I'm really looking forward to reading Doomsman.

Cap
    Cap, if you've never read Ellison, please don't start off with Doomsman. Ellison hated it so much that he would buy back copies from fans

You can read about one fan's experience in this link: https://www.philgiunta.com/harlan-ellison-has-left-us/

I actually have a copy of it too, but it's been at least 30 years since I read it.

I would recommend Deathbird Stories or I have no mouth and I must scream as two good Ellison books to start off with. I'm a big fan of his non-fiction, especially books like The Glass Teat, The Other Glass Teat, Harlan Ellison's Watching, etc.

You can also buy a lot of his On The Road lectures/appearances on CD here: http://www.deepshag.com/artists/ellison.html

P1100112.jpg

To quote a certain someone from Star Trek......
    You can buy it from me. It's in mint+ condition. Cap
    http://www.barbneal.com/wp-content/uploads/spock06.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Cap, if you've never read Ellison, please don't start off with Doomsman. Ellison hated it so much that he would buy back copies from fans

You can read about one fan's experience in this link: https://www.philgiunta.com/harlan-ellison-has-left-us/

I actually have a copy of it too, but it's been at least 30 years since I read it.

I would recommend Deathbird Stories or I have no mouth and I must scream as two good Ellison books to start off with. I'm a big fan of his non-fiction, especially books like The Glass Teat, The Other Glass Teat, Harlan Ellison's Watching, etc.

You can also buy a lot of his On The Road lectures/appearances on CD here: http://www.deepshag.com/artists/ellison.html

P1100112.jpg
    Last edited by c marvel; 03-28-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Folio edition of Starship Troopers. Very nice. Included a picture of the box it came in lol!

#1 R.jpg

#2 R.jpg

#3 R.jpg

#4 R.jpg

Nice add, Mike!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Nice acquisition, looks great. I've seen the movie, but have never read Heinlein's source novel.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour goathunter's Avatar
    The Hungarian translation of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life. It's a thick book!

hu-bl-1.jpghu-bl-2.jpg

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The Hungarian translation of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life. It's a thick book!

For when you're in the mood for some light reading? laugh.gif

That's really cool to see, Hunter! Not many people around these parts have that edition in their collection, even hardcore McCammon collectors. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-10-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour goathunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    When you're in the mood for some light reading? laugh.gif

That's really cool to see, Hunter! Not many people around these parts have that edition in their collection, even hardcore McCammon collectors. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Shipping for this was incredible. I paid twice the cost of the book in shipping fees from Hungary.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I finally got a copy of Ligotti's The Nightmare Factory. It's not exceptionally rare or anything, just usually a bit on the expensive side for a trade paperback.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I had to order the new Lansdale collection from SST, and while I was there I picked up Paradise Sky and Hell's Bounty. They arrived last night and beautiful they are. I received another discount coupon and thank you note (SST provide a lovely unboxing experience) but I realised I didn't use one of the coupons sitting on my desk from previous purchases. Doh!
    I am reading an ebook of Paradise Sky at the moment and have about 40 pages left. A wonderful book.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Shipping for this was incredible. I paid twice the cost of the book in shipping fees from Hungary.
    I usually pay twice the cost of the book in shipping when I order from CD! Postage to Australia from the USA is ridiculous.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    I don't own many lettered editions (only one) so when I saw this one on eBay for 39.99 I impulsively hit the Buy It Now button. Since I don't usually swim in the lettered waters I don't know if it's a stellar deal but I'm happy with it. It's letter J.

MICK GARRIS DEVELOPMENT HELL LETTERED.jpg