Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Speaking of Paul Yremblay - I finally read Headful of Ghosts the other day. It freaked me out a bit, ok, more than a bit. It made me uncomfortable in a way that I haven't felt since the first parts of House of Leaves.
    Yep, HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS was an incredible work, and many -- including me -- had the same reaction as you, a frisson of fear that few of us who have been reading this scary stuff for decades rarely get anymore. And along with that organic reaction was an appreciation of just a wonderfully written and polished piece of fiction. His new one is supposed to be just as good or, minimally, close to it...while I'm a bit skeptical, I'm anxious to find out for myself if that's the case.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Too bad about the numbering...hope Barry can get you squared away.

Yesterday I received my inscribed copy of Paul Tremblay's new one. The day before brought my signed and numbered copy of Joe Hill's THE FIREMAN from Goldsboro.
      Still waiting on my Goldsboro .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Still waiting on my Goldsboro .
        Mine arrived Thursday so you should see yours pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Mine arrived Thursday so you should see yours pretty soon.
          I'm hearing several reports of them trickling into the US so hopefully so. Mail has still yet to run today so there's still hope of this week.

Comment

Brian, I'm surprised that will all the trouble I had with mine that it arrived so much sooner than yours.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Brian, I'm surprised that will all the trouble I had with mine that it arrived so much sooner than yours.
              Yea, interesting for sure. Didn't arrive yesterday so maybe next week. Who knows how they process these things. I suppose I should give them a shout if it doesn't show within a few days of this business week.

Comment

Yea, interesting for sure. Didn't arrive yesterday so maybe next week. Who knows how they process these things. I suppose I should give them a shout if it doesn't show within a few days of this business week.
                I did notice on mine that the port of entry was San Francisco. From there they are just going ground USPS. One of the rare occasions us on the west coast received our product earlier rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I did notice on mine that the port of entry was San Francisco. From there they are just going ground USPS. One of the rare occasions us on the west coast received our product earlier rather than later.
                  That could be the case for me as well, Martin as far as the port of entry. I know of at least one east coast person who has theirs now as well. Being stuck right in the middle of the country could be the reason I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Been a while since I had anything to post about. Feels like there's not a ton of new editions coming out that I want, which is disappointing. The few I have ordered, probably won't be out until much later on in the year. But I did break the long dry spell with a hardcover edition of Brian McNaughton's The Throne of Bones.

Very cool trade edition. Tons of illustrations. Wish I could have included some of the cooler pieces of art, but they're not very SFW. The book itself is pretty great. I'm not huge into fantasy, but I probably would be if more was done like this. Really blood, guts and ghouls. I'm glad I could add it to my collection.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Looks great! You've piqued my interest, I may need to look into it. But if you like blood, guts and gore check Karl Edward Wagner and Tim Lebbon's fantasy works.

Comment

Plasticine, that is a beautiful book!

Comment

The The Throne of Bones pics are amazing! Nice job.

Here's my latest, a collection that spoke to me so deeply I had to track down a lettered. I've given verbal versions of one of these stories multiple times. To my mind there are two full masterpieces here, a mark that's almost never hit in a single book; only the best of the very best even come close. This author took me completely by surprise:

SAM_6047.jpg

SAM_6051.jpg

SAM_6064.jpg
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very nice add, Andrew!

Comment

That could be the case for me as well, Martin as far as the port of entry. I know of at least one east coast person who has theirs now as well. Being stuck right in the middle of the country could be the reason I haven't seen it yet.
                                The Goldsboro arrived today. Can't really tell from the invoice or packaging as far what was the port of entry. Does read that it came through Chicago at some point. Hopefully the book is ok. The box is pretty beat up on a few corners but I haven't opened it up yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X