X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Finds!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      "Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold!" was my first book signing in April '86. It's a fun light read.
      I'm sure I'll read it again, but got it mainly for the nostalgia factor since I bought it way back when it first came out. Thirty years. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by marduk View Post
        I'm sure I'll read it again, but got it mainly for the nostalgia factor since I bought it way back when it first came out. Thirty years. Holy crap.
        I know. It's crazy when I look some of the books I have had over 30 / 35 years that I purchased when they were brand new.

Comment

Two every awesome experiences today. First, I received Dave's extra copy of the trade edition of 'Salem's Lot illustrated. Looks like it just came off the press this morning. Couldn't have asked for a better copy! Probably my nicest 2nd hand pick up to date. Great to know like minded collectors really care for their stuff. Thanks again, Dave!

Second, purchased a dinged copy of The Shining Folio edition from a fellow TDT member and boy am I impressed with it as well. Very nicely done and a nice, heavy book. The book does fit pretty tightly in the slipcase but I wouldn't hesitate to order directly from them in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Two every awesome experiences today. First, I received Dave's extra copy of the trade edition of 'Salem's Lot illustrated. Looks like it just came off the press this morning. Couldn't have asked for a better copy! Probably my nicest 2nd hand pick up to date. Great to know like minded collectors really care for their stuff. Thanks again, Dave!

Second, purchased a dinged copy of The Shining Folio edition from a fellow TDT member and boy am I impressed with it as well. Very nicely done and a nice, heavy book. The book does fit pretty tightly in the slipcase but I wouldn't hesitate to order directly from them in the future.
            Nice but I am trying not to purchase the Folio edition of The Shining and you are not helping!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Nice but I am trying not to purchase the Folio edition of The Shining and you are not helping!
              Go ahead and pull the trigger, Martin . You won't regret it, promise!

Comment

You're welcome, Brian! The Folio edition of The Shining is a really nice book. Good pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  You're welcome, Brian! The Folio edition of The Shining is a really nice book. Good pickup.
                  Thanks, Dave. Rep sent! .

Comment

The Hyperion Cantos letter AA is finally complete. Half-witted reviews of books 3 and 4 and suites of pictures to be posted eventually.

Closing this loop has me in a melancholy frame of mind, as if part of my collector's heart has finally run its course and no longer burns. But even if that's the case, what a prize at the end:

SAM_5674.jpg
                    Last edited by bugen; 06-18-2016, 09:06 PM.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                      The Hyperion Cantos letter AA is finally complete. Half-witted reviews of books 3 and 4 and suites of pictures to be posted eventually.

Closing this loop has me in a melancholy frame of mind, as if part of my collector's heart has finally run its course and no longer burns. But even if that's the case, what a prize at the end:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18746[/ATTACH]
                      Poetically said and oh, those are some nice looking books. Thanks for posting.
                      “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Comment

God, that's an beautiful quartet of books. Congrats on completing the set!

Comment

While out making my first purchase of a comic book since I'd guess early Jr. High, I went ahead and picked up these. Since we live in a cashless society (ok, I choose to live in a cashless society ), had to make at least a $10 purchase at the local mom and pop before I could use my debt card. Not sure at this point if I'll pursue trying to finish out this collection but also think it would be a fun, casual side project when the book collecting gets slow or waiting on preorders. Martin, if you're well versed in Locke & Key as a fan, I may call upon you for advice and guidance from time to time.

Primary covers I believe for Locke & Key Clockworks Issues #3, #4, and #5.
                          Locke & Key.jpg

Comment

While out making my first purchase of a comic book since I'd guess early Jr. High, I went ahead and picked up these. Since we live in a cashless society (ok, I choose to live in a cashless society ), had to make at least a $10 purchase at the local mom and pop before I could use my debt card. Not sure at this point if I'll pursue trying to finish out this collection but also think it would be a fun, casual side project when the book collecting gets slow or waiting on preorders. Martin, if you're well versed in Locke & Key as a fan, I may call upon you for advice and guidance from time to time.

Primary covers I believe for Locke & Key Clockworks Issues #3, #4, and #5.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18753[/ATTACH]
                            Feel free to ask questions about Locke & Key. This is a great story and should be read in sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Feel free to ask questions about Locke & Key. This is a great story and should be read in sequence.
                              Thanks, Martin. I'll definitely read it that way then.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18746[/ATTACH]
                                They were a worthy goal. And truly look stunning.

Comment

Working...
                                X